2024 Hurricane Season

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It will be interesting to see if an early Cat 5 means the hurricane season will end earlier

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I think he said this is Port Antonio, Jamaica. Live feed. It is starting to get intense there.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The govt. working night and day to clean it up.

These influencers like Jose need to dedicate a lot more time to issues with trash and the education of citizens.

Jose alone has over a half a million subscribers.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The govt. working night and day to clean it up.

These influencers like Jose need to dedicate a lot more time to issues with trash and the education of citizens.

Jose alone has over a half a million subscribers.
I follow fundosami on igram. He's very environmentally conscious but doesn't have a lot of traffic. Wish he had more.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
From instagram

IMG_6160.png

• Sad
Reactions: Jan and NanSanPedro

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I am surprised that all stayed quiet so far, aside of the lil Disturbance off the SE of the usa..
We have one strong Tropical Wave behind the other crossing from Africa over here,
but none got caught in any interaction with any Low Pressure System/Area to start some movement/development.
The Surface Conditions snippet is from 8:00PM last evening AST/DR-Time.
Conditions o the Highway out off our East are quiet favorable for stormy developments,
as there is actually zero wind shear out there(Over the Caribbean Sea, yes, we have high wind shear) and most of the Dry Air is located towards the N of the Prime Path.
Screenshot 2024-07-11 100509.png

Reactions: cavok

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I am surprised that all stayed quiet so far, aside of the lil Disturbance off the SE of the usa..
We have one strong Tropical Wave behind the other crossing from Africa over here,
but none got caught in any interaction with any Low Pressure System/Area to start some movement/development.
The Surface Conditions snippet is from 8:00PM last evening AST/DR-Time.
Conditions o the Highway out off our East are quiet favorable for stormy developments,
as there is actually zero wind shear out there(Over the Caribbean Sea, yes, we have high wind shear) and most of the Dry Air is located towards the N of the Prime Path.
View attachment 9413
Could warmer waters create high pressure zones that push tropical storms South this year

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
At this moemnt the Atlantic High is very strong and biiig,
it def forces storms of any kind on the southern lanes and does not allow to turn Northwards,
as we already saw with Beryl.
Without the strong wide High Pressure up North Beryl would have walked NWwards over some part of the greater Antilles instead of heading all the way W to Yucatan.
The Waters in the Tropical Atlantic, our Highway, from Wester Africa to the Caribbean, are very hot,
which allows storms fast intensifications and to reach highest power levels, even despite some dry air and over the medium range high wind shear,
also seen with beryl.

Reactions: Brooklin

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
At this moemnt the Atlantic High is very strong and biiig,
it def forces storms of any kind on the southern lanes and does not allow to turn Northwards,
as we already saw with Beryl.
Without the strong wide High Pressure up North Beryl would have walked NWwards over some part of the greater Antilles instead of heading all the way W to Yucatan.
The Waters in the Tropical Atlantic, our Highway, from Wester Africa to the Caribbean, are very hot,
which allows storms fast intensifications and to reach highest power levels, even despite some dry air and over the medium range high wind shear,
also seen with beryl.
I am not sure if it helps your calculations, but I was at the beach this weekend in New Jersey specifically, Avalon and the water was very cold. It was about 68°.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I am not sure if it helps your calculations, but I was at the beach this weekend in New Jersey specifically, Avalon and the water was very cold. It was about 68°.
Water Temps at Beaches do not matter.
Storms build up and fuel on open waters far out, so the important temp factor is the Sea Surface Temperatures Out of our East and in addition the heat content/means how Deep high temps(26C+) do reach below the Sea Surface out there.
Screenshot 2024-07-11 225950.png

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
So far all quiet out there on the stormy front.
There is a baby-ow pressure area around the NW South American Continent, not associated with a Tropical Wave and no interaction with any disturbed weather there.
The next strong system, a wide area of Low Pressure, is closing in to hit Atlantic Waters off the West African Coast the next 24-48hrs.
Once over water for a couple days and caught up by the next Tropical Wave, we will see how big of an moistured low pressure area we will have over there on the other side of the Pond.
Screenshot 2024-07-12 091215.png

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
It is an area of disturbed weather far out East.
To see what could come out of it, we have to wait until it will be caught up/mingles with an Tropical Wave still far behind it.
IF they come together and some development could start, would be after this coming weekend, more likely after mid next week.
The situation could change any day, but until such system is together it would be useless to speculate about it.
Hey, I will fly out for an other glorious 6 weeks with my ole folks this Sunday night, after we will have done our DR Fathers Day BBQ and one of my Grand Son's 4th BD celebration here on the lil Ranch.
But of course I will keep informed about any movements towards our soil or when I tell my Housedragon and the guys/gals to bring the cattle in.
So far we have nothing to fear anywhere around our homes.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
It is an area of disturbed weather far out East.
To see what could come out of it, we have to wait until it will be caught up/mingles with an Tropical Wave still far behind it.
IF they come together and some development could start, would be after this coming weekend, more likely after mid next week.
The situation could change any day, but until such system is together it would be useless to speculate about it.
Hey, I will fly out for an other glorious 6 weeks with my ole folks this Sunday night, after we will have done our DR Fathers Day BBQ and one of my Grand Son's 4th BD celebration here on the lil Ranch.
But of course I will keep informed about any movements towards our soil or when I tell my Housedragon and the guys/gals to bring the cattle in.
So far we have nothing to fear anywhere around our homes.
Bon Voyage!
Enjoy your summer in greener pastures..
Thank you for keeping us safe & in the loop from afar.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
While so far no dangers of any kind are shown,
we have to watch the disturbed weather off the Windward Islands,
as it moves very quick forward/means IF it develops it would reach it's whatsoever Destin very quick/soon
and as the conditions in the Caribbean Sea are actually near perfect for stormy developments
with barely present wind shear, barely any dry air in the mid atmosphere and a hot Sea Surface.
Again, at this moment nothing is awaited/forecasted to develop to come our way/threaten our Island,
but it is a fast moving wave in company of heavy weather, so IF it decides to become something, then tings would go quick and warning time would be short.
Happy Sunday to everyone(mine is almost over, over here, lol).