4th of July BBQ Pool Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
dammmmmm aftab.....sucks and zero talent???? and you hate his music....

thats harsh....

he is an icon....in america

bob

Two observations, Mr. Bob:

1. This guys makes blanket statements
2. He's lived in the DR too long

No problem with 1, as it is designed to shock the audience, sorta like Stern.

With 2, however, it's kinda sad. And it doesn't end with musical taste, but it's carried over to the big screen.

See, most Dominicans, with the exception of Clara, Hidalgo, Don Juan, Indie, Mirador, and Petaka, would consider Stallone, Jean-Claude Van Dam, Steven Seagull, Arnold Schwartznegger, The Rock, and Vin Diesel GREAT actors. This is not a joke. Ask around next time you are in Santiago. Vin Diesel is the patron saint of La ciudad de los 30 caballeros. He supplanted Mr. T.

You mention to them Depardeu, or a young Giovanni Ribisi, and they think you are crazy. Few have even heard of Penn.

Now, it should be no surprise that The Boss is not well-liked there. I wonder if they ever heard of Leonard Cohen... Amy Winehouse? Doubt it. Mala Fe for sure.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Mala Fe

.... Mala Fe for sure.

For those unfamiliar with Mala Fe, here's the lyrics of one of their most resounding hits...

mala fe, mala fe, mala fe

puiri puiri papidodo piudodo

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la misma vaca, mu

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la misma vaca, mu

Tengo una vaca lechera una vaca de velda
Tengo una vaca lechera una vaca de velda
No la vendo ni la cambio ni la cambio si me la quiere comprar
No la vendo ni la cambio ni la cambio si me la queire comprar

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la misma vaca, mu

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la misma vaca, mu

Tengo problema en el barrio cuando la tengo achicada
La leche que da esa vaca es bien pura de verdad
La leche que da esa vaca es bien pura de verdad

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la misma vaca, mu

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la misma vaca, mu

Y mambo. puiri puiri papodido podido
poro poporori pudi papodido

puiri puiri mala fe mala fe

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la misma vaca, mu

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la misma vaca, mu

Tolo tigres de la esquina me la quieren orde?ar
Tolo tigres de la esquina me la quieren orde?ar

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la missma vaca, mu

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la misma vaca, mu

El toro de mi vecino esta enamorao de mi vaca
El toro de mi vecino esta enamorao de mi vaca
Pero ven aca cual es tu plan, eh? se?orita

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la missma vaca, mu

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la missma vaca, mu

Y mambo. puiri puiri puiri puiri papa puidi
puidi puidi metalen no suban
puiri puiri puiri papa puidi
puidi puidi

Trompeta pao puio pao puio pao
puio pao pao pao

puiri puiri puiri puiri papa puidi
puidi puidi me talen no suban
puiri puiri puiri papa puidi
puidi puidi

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la missma vaca, mu

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la missma vaca, mu

Que los vecinos no duermen cuando ella esta alborotaa
Que los vecinos no duermen cuando ella esta alborotada

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la missma vaca, mu

la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la vaca, mu
la misma vaca, mu

Y mambo. y paue paue paue pui pui
paue paue paue pui pui
paue paue paue pui pui
paue paue paue pui pui

Musicos paguen que no han pagado

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Bruce Springsteen, best damn rocker in the world ... "Born in the U.S.A.", nothing comes close. IMO, better than those 4 chaps from Liverpool.

Well, there are two versions of those chaps: the early-days chaps for fainting girls; the latter-day chaps for thinking men.

So, you know what category The Kid, that real man of genius, falls under.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Well, there are two versions of those chaps: the early-days chaps for fainting girls; the latter-day chaps for thinking men ...
Irrelevant ... they couldn't match Motown talents like Smokey, Marvin, Stevie, et al; Chuck Berry, Wilson Pickett, The King, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, .... and yes, Hank Williams (you gotta love Jambalaya On the Bayou).

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Irrelevant ... they couldn't match Motown talents like Smokey, Marvin, Stevie, et al; Chuck Berry, Wilson Pickett, The King, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, .... and yes, Hank Williams (you gotta love Jambalaya On the Bayou).

Five years ago, The Kid drove all the way from Cleveland to the southern tip of Ohio constantly listening to one song: Carefree Highway.

I timed my driving speed perfectly, for the song was playing as I arrived at my destination. Simply genius.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005

The most talented and the reason for the motown sound is The funk brothers.They are the band of session musicians that backed almost every artist coming out of Motown.
They had more talent then anything I have seen today.
hifiman

Chichiguita

Dec 30, 2004
Im with Shad on this one

Love my motown. Its in my blood--born and raised in Detroit proper before Los Angelas beat us out for the murder capital of the country.:tired:
My Grammy used to wear a t-shirt (all 80 pounds of her) that said "welcome to Detroit==where the weak are killed and eaten". Love the music.

Also love Dominican music. Learned to Merenge' en Jarabacoa!

Just last summer I learned==quite by accident==that I am also a devoted parot head!

You should see my ipod! Its a toss up which I have more of Buffett, or anything in spanish...

Eclectic...its what I love about the DR, love about life...

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Love my motown. Its in my blood--born and raised in Detroit proper before Los Angelas beat us out for the murder capital of the country.:tired:
My Grammy used to wear a t-shirt (all 80 pounds of her) that said "welcome to Detroit==where the weak are killed and eaten". Love the music.

Also love Dominican music. Learned to Merenge' en Jarabacoa!

Just last summer I learned==quite by accident==that I am also a devoted parot head!

You should see my ipod! Its a toss up which I have more of Buffett, or anything in spanish...

Eclectic...its what I love about the DR, love about life...

Well, young lady, that makes two of us here at DR1. Buffett RULES! The weather is here...

Chichiguita

Dec 30, 2004
Sorry spelling/grammer cops, I've stopped running spell check

I also wanted to say...
Sorry for getting the baby's name wrong. I think it is wonderful. I am a sucker for babies, kids and all things child birth related. I agree with Bob that having a unique name is a special blessing. My name is quite common amoung white bread folk...always wanted something more rare and hard to pronounce. That's probably why I enjoy the Dominican habit of attaching nicknames to people...I have two. One, of course, is Chichiguita. The other is Negrita...which is a good laugh for Dominicans because I am lilly white with blonde hair and blue eyes...I'm a total wanna-be...that's how I got the name.

Anyway, I like that you are following "mamma's" lead and naming the baby as she pleases. This sounds like something she has wanted a long, long time and it is good of you to trust her with this special job. Boy or girl--I have a feeling this little one will be wanted and loved and because of that--very, very lucky! Blessings...

Welcome back Lambada==glad to see all the "fun" hasn't dampened your sense of humor!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Love my motown. ...
Just last summer I learned==quite by accident==that I am also a devoted parot head! ...
You're My Kind of Girl .... now, do you like Sinatra and Hank Williams? If you do, you're the perfect woman.

I was a Buffett before Parrotheads - I wasted away many nights in Margaritaville ... consuming that is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.