900 US Troops on the Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Hysterical? Moi!

Injustice does tend to bring out the drama queen in me. :mad:

It's only a message board (take deep breaths and repeat after me).

Now, I'll just go and post a new thread about some non-controversial subject like transexual wombats - and I'll do my best to keep it DR-related.

Chiri

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Now now, let's be reasonable . . .

We all know the 2 Haiti threads had great value to us all because . .

"Deleted by"! MODERATOR

and that Tony C is wrong about the source of the weapons because . . .

"Deleted by"! MODERATOR

We also know there is no conpriricy because it . . .

"Deleted by"! MODERATOR

. . . and in conclusion I like to thank the owner of this bulliten board for making keeping in contact with the DR and current event in the DR easier, It is nice to know that even when I get worried, there is an open forum to reasure me that things are not as bad as they might seem.

-Lee

PS: I don't like the language used by all here when they attempt to slander, I've seen it on all sides, HN is improper and impolite, I would not want to have a discussion with you, implicitly by being near you people might think I accept your use of terms as acceptable, I won't associate with someone who uses racial epitahs. <sp?

Apr 26, 2002
Dissecting the Moderator

Criss Colon said:
I find the use of "House Nig*er" offenssive,racist,ignorant,and intolerable in this Forum! Your subsequent "disclaimer" that the "Slur" has nothing to do with "color" is at best stupid! Don't use it again,or you will not be back!!! First Warning!! Moderator Cris Colon

Our esteemed moderator is ostensibly shocked and offended that I used the ?N? word, purely for effect, in a completely non-racial context. Interestingly, I learned how to do that from, well, guess who:

Criss Colon said:
"Hipolito" is Bush's "House Nig**r"nothing more!

How many times has "H" been to see George Bush?? Too Many! He has bankrupt the country,now like a member of the "Animation Team" at an "All Inclusive Resort" he goes to the richest "Gringo" he has ever met with his hands out!"Mi Pais esta interna,y no tengo medicina,tu estas mi ultima esperanza"!"Dame Dame Dame,por favor"! Yeah he's a Dominican all right!! "De Pura Cepa!"...
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=153777&postcount=29

Notably, when I have in the past attacked truly racist statements in Criss' forum, like this gem from Golo, our respected moderator has remained silent or even condoned the statement:

GOLO said:
Look, there is nothing you can do for chopos. They lost the game many years ago when they began to downgrade their race?
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=173874&postcount=28

Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Yea, Criss, I'm shooting the messenger. Do you care to defend the above?
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27731&page=2&pp=15

Rather, Criss scolded me in that thread for challenging GOLO.

So why is our favorite moderator so shocked and offended by my "ignorant" and "stupid" post? Does it have more to do with the fact that I badmouthed his boy, the emperor of the world, George W. Bush, by suggesting a link between the Bush administration and the coups in Haiti and Venezuela, than anything having to do with his favorite forbidden word?

Does Criss have a bias? Well, what do you think:

Criss Colon said:
George W Bush IS the President of the United States of America!!!!

Elected by the Citizens of same! ?He is doing a great job,and is very popular with the vast majority of Americans,even those who voted for....? I can't remember his name? What a great man! Cris Colon
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=138573&postcount=55

So, come on Criss, tell us what you?re really about in moderating this forum, including your recent controversial deletions of threads that good ole DoubleYuh wouldn?t have liked.

Besides, you can't ban me. I'm "Chopper Challenge Champion".

Last edited:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
And On and ON and ON and ON!

How many times can all of you say the same darn thing, ad infinitum???

Quit whining and bitching and get on with an intelligent conversation!

Texas Bill

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
With respect, Texas Bill: that is what we have been trying to do, but the same neanderthals have been doing their best to make it difficult for us. Let the debates continue.

Chiri
(with apologies to the neanderthals)

bhale

Mar 1, 2004
I like you, XR!!

Porfio, you need to understand that here in America, hardly ANYBODY, but a few black congressmen, and one or two white senators wanted Mr Bill to reinstall Aristide to power. Everyone of those had money interests in a few choice Haitian industries like the country's phone system and others. If you really think Aristide was a "democratically elected" president, then you don't know democracy. Just because an election is held, doesn't mean it is "democratic".

I hope that Haiti can really have a clean election. It won't solve all their problems, but it is the first step.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
what ever you guys do, but please don't start another thread on the Haitain bastards. I am sick of all of them now.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
This is a perfect example of why Liberalism is a failure.

I post a reply in this thread pointing out various facts which disputes the liberals position. Instead of debating my points logically they go way off topic and scream about their freedom of speech being denied.

Face Facts!
The Haitian incident was a Totally Haitian Uprising. Did they receive outside assistance? Probobly but of a very limited nature and there is no proof that it was sanctioned by either the U.S. or Dominican Goverments. Any assitance mosy likely came from lower Dominican Military officials at the border and from Wealthy Haitian Americans
The U.S. negotiated resignation of Aristide prevented what was sure to be a bloodbath and now has allowed for assitance to enter Haiti quickly.
I ask my Liberal board mates what where the options. The US to send in troops to prop up Aristide? A man who's election was dubious at best and during his time in power drove the Haitian economy into the ground and used violence to control the Democratic opposition. Or would you have preferred that U.S. Not get involved and stand back and watch the streets of P.Principe run red with blood?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I believe, you, sir, are missing the point. I won't argue Porfi's point for him, he is perfectly capable of doing so himself. But drawing attention to the bigger picture is not equivalent to an endorsement of Aristide. Most 'liberals' would agree that he lost credibility a long time ago, for the reasons you mention. IMO he never had it in the first place, but I can't blame Haitians for pinning their hopes on him. It made his betrayal of them all the more reprehensible. I think his kidnap claim was a clear face-saving exercise.

It is also valid to question whether what will come in his place will be any better, and to point out what interests are at play. The picture is still very murky.

The protests here were not so much a denial of freedom of speech as frustration at the moderator's blatant double standards.

Chiri

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Everyone brings thier own "Baggage" to DR!!

Moderators included!We have all said things here that we are not proud of,myself included! Sometimes it is do to the heat of the moment,sometimes to our live's experiences,and sometimes it feels good just to "PISS" someone off! Remember,"Better PISSED OFF,than "PISSED ON",(Some "North Shore" posters excluded!)
My exposure to DR1 has made me a more tolerant person.If you want to see,go back to the "Beginning" and drag up some of my exchangers with "Tony C,Golo,and AZB! Those were the "Good Old Days!"Robert spent hours deleting our rants!
We have all mellowed.
Until I am relieved of my duty here,you will just have to put up with me!Warts and all!
Just to shock you,even I am getting a little tired of President Bush!
But then we don't discuss World Politics on DR1!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Apr 26, 2002
Tony C said:
This is a perfect example of why Liberalism is a failure.

I would use a trite little line on Tony, like: "This is a perfect example of why people hate Americans." But I won't, because that would be a cheap personal attach mischaracterizing the speaker rather than addressing the message. Luckily, we're all above that kind of thing.

And I could mention how XR apparently (his post was rather confused) decided that the "N" word somehow derides the skin color of George W. Bush (or Hipolito Mejia?), but I won't, because that would suggest that he wanted the "N" word to be a red herring - focusing attention away from the real issues. We'll have to give XR a pass, since, after all, he's a close personal friend of Bush. Sorry, XR, didn't realize you guys were frat brothers back at ole Yale.

And, finally, there's LT. Well, LT, since both Criss and I used the "N" word, and since you made quite clear in your post that you will not associate with anyone who uses the "N" word IN ANY CONTEXT (I know how you feel, I hate it when Seinfeld calls that restaurant cook a "soup nazi", or when Rush Limbaugh says "feminazi". I am deeply, deeply offended and have broken off my - ala XR - close personal relationships with both of them), then you had better run far, far away from this forum. Think of your reputation, son!

I think Criss deserves plenty of credit for being human and admitting it (something difficult for me - being human, that is). Otherwise, I'll let Chiri's last response stand. And I'll definitely be more niggardly in my contributions to this forum in the future.

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
And I could mention how XR apparently (his post was rather confused) decided that the "N" word somehow derides the skin color ...
I neither said, nor implied any such thing.

It may be confusing to you, but as always it was quite concise and quite clear, your reading and comprehension skills or lack thereof notwithstanding.

I object to the use of the term. Nothing more, nothing less. It has no place here in this discussion except as cover to keep others from focusing on the vacuousness of your original post. I have no need of you putting words in my mouth, or care what you 'feel' I think. My simple little one paragraph stands for itself.

Tom aka XR There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Chirimoya said:
Great work, Moderator. Never was there such a misnomer.

The 'Invitation to a public meeting on Haiti' thread has been deleted in its entirety, even though it contained some useful information and interesting DR-related debate, marred only by the offensive comments I mentioned. The meeting has already happened, but the thread also contained contact information and other details.

It might interest you to hear that the 'invitation' was posted with Robert's blessing.

Thank you very much, Cris, for showing your true colours, and Larry, for your contribution to that thread.

Chiri

Could you post contact info for any Dominican or Canadian organizations working to help Haitians in the DR?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Your all so lucky we have other forums on DR1.
And DR1 is so lucky that we have such great moderators!

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Gabriela said:
Could you post contact info for any Dominican or Canadian organizations working to help Haitians in the DR?

Feel free to PM or e-mail me.

Chiri

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
I would use a trite little line on Tony, like: "This is a perfect example of why people hate Americans." But I won't, because that would be a cheap personal attach mischaracterizing the speaker rather than addressing the message. Luckily, we're all above that kind of thing.

Thank you for proving my point!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Robert's British ...

Criss Colon said:
There is only so much "****" I can clean up!!! "Chiri" I deleted your "Haitian Rally" post for you,what more do you want??? Although Haitians seem to be a rather uneducated group,and they do "Smell",they too are "God's Children" and deserve to be treated with the same respect we all deserve!CC

PS,After reading "Chiri's" post. As I read through all the posts of the "Haitian Meeting" thread(Per your "PM" request!) I found it impossible to take the time to "Delete" all the personaL INSULTS YOU COMPLAINED ABOUT(INCLUDING YOURS,AS YOU REQUESTED!)They were too numerous! It was more efficient to delete the entire thread! If you wish to re-post any references,or information,please do so.Sometimes the "Baby is thrown out along with the bath water"!
Just another example of how a Moderator is "Damned if we do,and damned if we don,t"!!!!

Luckily Robert has a medical bio-potentiometer,to measure "skin thickness"before we can be hired!!!No thick skin,no job!!!

Normally I don't feel the need to justify my "Moderationing",you should feel blessed!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :tired:
I think next year we should have a 'Boxing Day' where all the whiner's and complainers about how the moderators moderate would get a chance to switch places with the moderators for 24 hours. Boy! Am I waiting for that one! I've saved up some great stuff I can't post! Let's see if they can keep up with me! :: evil grin ::

Tom aka XR ANIMAL LOVER ON BOARD. They're delicious.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Gabriela said:

Oh yes! That shouldn't be much of a problem to find out, here's one of those helping organizations:

P.N. as in Policia Nacional Dominicana, celebrating their 68th anniversary kicking the Haitian and Dominican rear ends just for the he.k of it!

In a more real note:
The church is very involved in helping the Haitian community inside the RD as well as offering medical and monetary support to those on the other side of the border, just pay a visit to any local church and have a chat with the chap there, they'll be more than happy to guide your help towards those who need it the most.

Also you can contact the local Human Rights Watch center in the DR for any information on how to lend a hand to help ease some of the burden the haitian immigrant faces in the DR.

:chinese:

Status
Not open for further replies.