Annoying Dominican Habits

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I didn't read everyone's posts but mine is the extremely loud music coming from someone's car that's parked on the beach while we're trying to relax and unwind.

But I get it. I was once young, too
I don't think the habit is limited to young people.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well the one with hat is my wife and she is 63 years young, and the one with the large breasts is in her mid-fifties with four adult children. I am guessing you must be a fit slim guy to be making comments like that, or you just don't think before commenting.
No I'm an old fat guy with sparse hair. Sorry for the insinsitive comment

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Well the one with hat is my wife and she is 63 years young, and the one with the large breasts is in her mid-fifties with four adult children. I am guessing you must be a fit slim guy to be making comments like that, or you just don't think before commenting.
Everyone is rambo in the www.

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Here's another annoying Dominican habbit I dislike.
Grown men turning kids into mother's and leaving them by themselves to deal with the pregnancy and child care afterwards. It's far more common than I think most people are aware of.

Reactions: Auryn

Facepalm Supreme

Dec 29, 2022
Santo Domingo
Here's another annoying Dominican habbit I dislike.
Grown men turning kids into mother's and leaving them by themselves to deal with the pregnancy and child care afterwards. It's far more common than I think most people are aware of.

Very few people here are going to want to hear it but there is a reason for that.

First off, some men are just no good. Immature, selfish, motivated by things other than legacy or duty or "honor". That is a fact.

What is also a fact is that outside of situations that aren't consensual, which statistically are low compared to consensual situations, women here there and everyone choose those exact men to father their children. The guys who already have 5 kids by 6 different women. The guys who have a lot of tigueraje and a cool hair cut but don't have any highschool or college diplomas. The guys who sit in front of the colmado all day drinking or who ride around on motors robbing. Women choose those men. It ain't Steve Urkel out here impregnating all these girls and "leaving them" to their own devices. It's the guys with tattoos on their neck and face.

Gotta call a spade a spade. If that's who you choose, you get what you get.

On the other hand, this is a country that is passing through a cultural change. DR has for a long time been a very traditional country. The men work, the women take care of the house. That's the way it was for forever. Men take care of the kids because when those kids grow up they further that man's lineage and belong to that man. Women have 1-3-5 parters their entire lives and marry when/around when they start having sex/kids. The menfolk then dedicate themselves to that woman/those children. That is no longer the way it is. Many of the policies and customs that cause that situation to work have changed, and the men have changed with it.

I could write a book on this, but I won't, and it would be a pointless endeavor here anyway. That said, it's a very deep subject that warrants proper treatment and understanding. At the end of the day it really deserves amelioration because the kids don't deserve any of it. They are innocent.

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
I find it kinda annoying (and funny) how when they wanna try to sound honest they drag the words out and start to speak slowly. Pero ven aaaacaaaaa hoooombeeeeeee, yo no toy asiiiiiiiii.

Reactions: Auryn

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
A person talking on a phone that you can hear from 8 miles away and speaking the worst Spanish you ever heard in your life

Reactions: PCMike

MsGreenEyez

Jul 21, 2013
To each his own , but I really really Enjoy that part of the Flight , when those wheels touch down and happy people Clap ... My Vacation time has officially Started . And Its not just Dominicans doing it any more . I have personally started that Clap myself .
So I respectfully disagree with you on this one ... lol
Me too!! I clap every time the plane lands!!!

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Dominicans clap hands when airplane lands.

JJ

I have always understood this applause to be mostly, if not completely, relegated to charter airline flights.
Charter airlines came and went at an alarming rate.
Money was tight.
Their aircrafts were often old re-treads.
Their reputations were not always stellar.
Bargain basement stuff...
Every charter airline flight I have taken out of Montreal the passengers clapped on landing.
It is akin to suggesting to the captain and crew that there had been some doubt about the safety of the flight in the first place.
I cringe every time.
So annoying.
lol.
If you are a worrier or a nervous flyer...Don't book with "Air Never Come Back" in the first place.

Reactions: bachata

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've flown dozens of international flights over the last 20 years from USA to EU to Asia. I've never been on one where the passengers didn't clap upon landing.

Not sure why anyone would consider this an annoying Dominican habbit? They clap for lots of things, I'd say birthdays are the most common followed by couples dancing in a public place.

Reactions: Facepalm Supreme