Another Gringo Strikes Out To Make It In the DR - Coming 12/27/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I have been told that I look Dominican. i am sure I will fit in without a problem.

Every black person with halfway decent facial features "looks Dominican". I'm African-American and stopped trying to convince some Dominicans that I have no Dominican heritage that I know of even though they proceeded to tell me that my ancestors couldn't possibly have been just African as "yo tengo la nariz fina"

So don't get all hyped up about that.

BTW....no one here will say it but I will. You are in for a rude awakening, my brother. Outside of the obvious putas and undercover hoes.....the actual middle class, decent, wife material Dominicanas aren't gonna give you the time of day.

But go, have fun, get laid. And stop acting so desperate.

SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Come on now, give the brotha some hope.

OK, I'll make an assessment... I'll be in Santiago in Feb.....come on down, let's go have a drink with some of the other DR1 Cibae?os and let me assess your situation.
:)

SHALENA

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Dominicans with US passports instantly become gringos. There are Canadian gringos, British ones and all the rest. And then all the East Asians are Chinos, like chino japonese.

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Every black person with halfway decent facial features "looks Dominican". I'm African-American and stopped trying to convince some Dominicans that I have no Dominican heritage that I know of even though they proceeded to tell me that my ancestors couldn't possibly have been just African as "yo tengo la nariz fina"

BTW....no one here will say it but I will. You are in for a rude awakening, my brother. Outside of the obvious putas and undercover hoes.....the actual middle class, decent, wife material Dominicanas aren't gonna give you the time of day.

SHALENA

I have know quite of few upstanding, upper middle class Dominican women date and marry African American men in the US and the same as far as darker complected Dominican men in the DR with medium or lighter skinned women. If this guy speaks Spanish, doesn't chase the putas, learns the Dominican way of doing things,hangs out with AZB and all his friends, he can see the real side of the DR. None of that beach nonsense, just on the weekends. It takes a bit of time, but if you can figure it out, believe me, life in the DR is pretty good. Check the other threads, but US$3,000-4,000 a month to do it right. If you have a heart, you will find a lot of good people along the way. You will help them, but in the end, you will end up with much more. Just don't "loan" money to anyone.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

SHALENA

I do not understand the first line of your statement, are saying AA brothas and sistas who have decent features they are mistaken for Dominicans WHY? Dominicans are pretty, but have you seen Sistas from DC, Atlanta, Dallas and LA. FLY as hell. I have a Dominican wife and have seen the best of DR, and DR women can't hold a candle to the elite African American women. The bodies, brains MANNN!!!! My favorite sista is Draya Michele on Basketball Wives.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I do not understand the first line of your statement, are saying AA brothas and sistas who have decent features they are mistaken for Dominicans WHY? Dominicans are pretty, but have you seen Sistas from DC, Atlanta, Dallas and LA. FLY as hell. I have a Dominican wife and have seen the best of DR, and DR women can't hold a candle to the elite African American women. The bodies, brains MANNN!!!! My favorite sista is Draya Michele on Basketball Wives.

I meant "according to Dominicans"

SHALENA

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I meant "according to Dominicans"

SHALENA
Oh my bad! I hear a lot of dominicans talking bad about black americans like we are not just as pretty. I LOVE AA sistas I wish I had a chance to be with one. I have a friend who went to FIT in NYC, and she told me so many Dominicans thought she was Dominican and the they would say some S**T like" your pretty for a black woman" thats why to this day she thinks something is wrong with Dominicans.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
Whats weird is that - even tho I am relatively attractive, and still a young 31 years old, I have never been good at the chatting-up thing. I met my now ex (wife I am separated from ) online in 2003. Before that I was with a girl since 1996. So I have been in continuous relationships since 1996 when I was 16 yrs old. My Spanish is cool - just gotta learn the game some.

Now it sounds that you need to learn how to live by yourself with yourself. That means to appreciate the peace of mind you get without having to compromise. You can live alone without being lonely and do it successfully.

I hope I explained it correctly.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Dominicans with US passports instantly become gringos. There are Canadian gringos, British ones and all the rest. And then all the East Asians are Chinos, like chino japonese.

actually us Canadians are referred to as "Canukingos"... its in the Dominican dictionary...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

SHALENA
Hmm, are you sure about that?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CRcex9NEJZE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just saying? :)

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Whew...i don't know where to start here. First, a big welcome to you Alex, brother! Let me start by telling you that i'm half dominican and spent my youth growing up between here and Ohio. I'm basically a Dominican Hillbilly. During the 70's, my family and i squatted down in the back of our house daily and burried our poop like feral cats--covering it back up with dirt while we competed with neighborhood stray cats; we bathed in nearby rivers, such as "Juno" and "Blanco," and we tapped into the main power grid for 25 years before we ever saw an electricity bill make an appearance at our front door. So, allow me to give you the lowdown about relationships on this island in what i like to call the TEN DOMINICAN COMMANDMENTS:

1.) do not think that the girls you are chatting with online are good, innocent girls. Most are working girls (Prostitutes); some of them are probably my cousins trying to get a new, fresh, ripe Gringo--moving down here for the first time with a pocket full of cash and little, if any, kryptonite, wooden stakes, or garlic in his or her pocket to ward them off.

2.) Do not believe a Dominican woman (whom you have never met) when she tells you that they "Love you", and only you! lying here is learned at an early age and condoned by the village elders. My granfather taught me and my cousins the pantomines of lying. it's an art. trust me. A man has 7 pantomines, a woman has 25. This makes women far superior than men; it also makes them totally unbeatable! Listen to me, i'm a professional.

3.) Whenever a Dominican says these words to you: "You can trust me!" be weary. Be very weary. Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction and do not look back!! This warning also applies for any dominican electrician, plumber, carpenter, investor, real-estate broker, attorney, and basically, any dominican professional who says to you: "Yes, you can trust me!"

4.) Whenever a Dominican asks you for these things: New hair, new nails, new clothes, new shoes, money for a sick relative, money for a relative who just died (for the third time), money for the cow or donkey who needs medical attention, money for medicine, money for phone minutes on their chip, money for the roof that needs repairing (again), etc. run as fast as your feet will carry you in the opposite direction.

5.) Whenever a Dominican (Who you've met at a bar or nightclub or online) asks to move in with you, be weary. be very weary. Be paronoid. Be suspicious, and then be in shape to run a marathon to the opposite side of the island. You might want to begin taking swimming lessons before you move down here. Also, start running for the conditioning that you'll be needing.

If you want the second five commandments, i'll be more than happy to provide them to you. but let these first five sink before you ask me. Invest in a good pair of running shoes!!

Sincarely Frank (Dominican, grew up in Bonao)

This is EXCELLENT advice and I hope the OP really thinks about these warnings. My years of being an English teacher can't be denied - the OP should be wary as well as weary of these stories. :)

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Oh yes and this also lets me make two more posts that have a point and that are not just completely trivial - please don't be insulted Frank I just have a problem posting something unless it has a reason to be written so I used your post as an excuse to post in my quest for achieving the magic 500 post total.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Well, I'm sure I'm somewhat of an Oreo but I will not allow Dominicans to assume that my beauty can only be directly linked to some Dominican ancestry. My features that I am most proud of are from Africans.

My point to the OP is that Dominicans claim any black person who looks halfway decent, he is not special in that regard....they love the black color with European features. I wore grey contacts the very first time I went to DR and it was outrageous, bordering ridiculous the amount of "attention" I received

Now back to his desperation and desire to be sankified asap.:)

SHALENA

May 29, 2006
Is it just me or isn't gringo a word used for white people!? I mean, dude saying he's African American yet refers himself as a gringo?!?!

:confused:

Gringo means any foreigner and it's thought to be derived from the word "Greek." There are many other stories about how it came about, but none have anything to do with race.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Is it just me or isn't gringo a word used for white people!? I mean, dude saying he's African American yet refers himself as a gringo?!?!

Yep, been called that in DR plenty of times!!!!!

For us, it's usually "Bori", short for Boriqua. But they always ask first to make sure.

I just had a instant messenger spat 10 minutes ago with an "amiga." She is a really cute girl. We have chatted on video and on the phone and I have seen pics. she asked me to buy her some fake human hair and mail it asap as she is having a hair emergency. She offered to send me the money to pay for it. I jokingly said Ok - then you will owe me a favor. She responds in a sarcastic tone that men never ask women for a favor. This is after the same chica tried to get smart the other day on other petty ish.

I admit - I thought she was cool. She's a mom, but owns her own clothing shop and is pretty independent. She even has a car and lives in Punta Cana.

You need to get off the internet and stop chatting with these hefers. Asking for fake hair is a common practice for chicas looking to see how far you'll go. You start falling for crap like this before you even set foot on the island and guaranteed it will lead you down the wrong path.

If you think she'll pay you back just do it and see what happens. But that's besides the point. She has kids-RUN!!! She's trying to reel you in to some drama that will involve the father of the children somewhere down the road. With so many eligible single women in the DR with no kids, why do this to yourself?

By the way, when you stopped chatting with her she was online with another sucker asking him the same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.