Another Gringo Strikes Out To Make It In the DR - Coming 12/27/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
DR Class Wife material

Every black person with halfway decent facial features "looks Dominican". I'm African-American and stopped trying to convince some Dominicans that I have no Dominican heritage that I know of even though they proceeded to tell me that my ancestors couldn't possibly have been just African as "yo tengo la nariz fina"

So don't get all hyped up about that.

BTW....no one here will say it but I will. You are in for a rude awakening, my brother. Outside of the obvious putas and undercover hoes.....the actual middle class, decent, wife material Dominicanas aren't gonna give you the time of day.

But go, have fun, get laid. And stop acting so desperate.

SHALENA

ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE !!!

(what is true is that you probably wont find the middle class decent wife material Dominicanas in Sosua or boca Chica)

what is funny though, is that every person whose has every voiced this opinion to me has been either an African American woman or A non obviously black Dominican male. I often wonder if people make these statements in the hope that saying it makes it true

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Every black person with halfway decent facial features "looks Dominican". I'm African-American and stopped trying to convince some Dominicans that I have no Dominican heritage that I know of even though they proceeded to tell me that my ancestors couldn't possibly have been just African as "yo tengo la nariz fina"

So don't get all hyped up about that.

SHALENA

Your ancestors could be pure Black African, but unless you've had a DND test to prove it, they may have included Arab, Spanish, Native American, Irish, Italian...etc. There isn't really a Dominican look. My wife can tell as soon as they open their mouth but not by looks alone. You are guilty of sterotyping.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE !!!

(what is true is that you probably wont find the middle class decent wife material Dominicanas in Sosua or boca Chica)

what is funny though, is that every person whose has every voiced this opinion to me has been either an African American woman or A non obviously black Dominican male. I often wonder if people make these statements in the hope that saying it makes it true

Voiced what opinion?

SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
. There isn't really a Dominican look. My wife can tell as soon as they open their mouth but not by looks alone. You are guilty of sterotyping.

Duh.

That's basically what I'm saying. My whole post is about Dominicans stereotyping black Americans.

(sometimes I wonder about you guys)

SHALENA

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Duh.

That's basically what I'm saying. My whole post is about Dominicans stereotyping black Americans.

(sometimes I wonder about you guys)

SHALENA

I remember you saying in other posts that all Dominicans were Black, and I'm sure it wasn't tonque in cheek.

Packman

Jan 16, 2006
Good luck Alex. Though I haven't been to the D.R. in about six years I think you should have a good time. I used to work in the merchant marine and traveled all over the world. I have seen guys marry women from various countries over the years.
Given your description if I were you I'd go to Cebu, Philappine Islands. I'll be up front about this, they prefer black men.
Being from the U.S. they know to travel you have a job. I'd use the same be wary advice given here. Don't marry a bar fly, even though at times you'll be tempted to. If you want the girl to hold onto her body shape the asian looking gals do pretty good. Lonely Planet travel guides have served me well over the years, usually paying for themselves within the first day of travel. Sleeveless shirts or tank tops out of a ventilated material are the one thing I'd wished brought more of last time I visited the D.R. If you meet a gal that you think may be serious material I'd consider the no marriage, no sex approach.
Use common sense, don't use drugs, treat the locals with respect, always be polite with the ladies and you will do fine.

P.K.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I remember you saying in other posts that all Dominicans were Black, and I'm sure it wasn't tonque in cheek.

I meant black in ancestry, not black in skin color. Why don't you just print out everything that I write and save it for future reference so you don't make yourself go crazy trying to remember how and in what context that I said something.
Your problem is that you take bits and pieces of what someone writes and then try to make sense out of it without remembering the whole conversation.

BTW, this thread is about this gentleman. If you wanna debate the blackness of Dominican people, you can PM me and we can go toe to toe. Unlike others, I am the same in the dark as I am in the light and I never mince my words.

SHALENA

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I meant black in ancestry, not black in skin color. Why don't you just print out everything that I write and save it for future reference so you don't make yourself go crazy trying to remember how and in what context that I said something.
Your problem is that you take bits and pieces of what someone writes and then try to make sense out of it without remembering the whole conversation.

BTW, this thread is about this gentleman. If you wanna debate the blackness of Dominican people, you can PM me and we can go toe to toe. Unlike others, I am the same in the dark as I am in the light and I never mince my words.

SHALENA

We all bleed red and when the lights are out we are all colourless. The OP will do fine if he keeps his wits about him and treats Dominicans with respect and goes slow.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I meant black in ancestry, not black in skin color.

SHALENA
Not true. 15% of Dominicans are Caucasian, 15% black and the rest different shades of mixed.

It's surprising how many Dominicans in the mountain areas have blue eyes...

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2yN_YoOCwf0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

By popular demand!!!!!

CLOSED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.