Another Gringo Strikes Out To Make It In the DR - Coming 12/27/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If the REASON for relocating to the DR is to fulfill some emotional emptiness created by your recent "single" status, you're much better off coming a few times to fulfill that Pimp Daddy fantasy.

It's hard to "make it" here. Living 24/7/365 in the DR is no different than where you are today: you don't club it and date 10 beautiful women in the states, don't think you'll do it here. That stuff always bites your butt eventually there, it'll be MUCH worse here.

You can't run away from yourself. You'll be the same mundane guy here you are at home. I say that because if your a ballin' Pimp Daddy at home, you wouldn't be needing the DR.

Post break-up, it's best to spend time alone to reorganize your priorities, think clearly again and learn to like the unattached "you." That gets lost in a relationship. And if you have kids, you owe it to them to learn to become a World Class single dad before you focus on the little head fantasies...

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
Alex let me help you I am about to give you some REAL advice you sound like a really cool trustworthy brother, and I can tell because you are 31yrs old and have zero kids and run your own business that takes smarts.
1st: Tell no one this is your first time in DR on EL Conde or Malecon, say something like you spend all your time in Sanitago or PP. You will see why this is number 1.
2nd: Do not let these women know you are single, and PLEASE do not ever tell them you have a thing for Dominican women. Tell them you have a girl back in the States and you are open to having a friend, but otherwise I'm COOL. The women on the net some are cool, but they all have an agenda. FINDING A HUSBAND from outside DR.
3rd Whatever you do please do not make DR your one and only. You are right spend a month in DR. Spend a month in Panama City because if you like beautiful women Panama City is Heaven. Go to Costa Rica, PR, Colombia, then if you still love DR now you are ready to find a wife and have kids. Please go to Panama City after DR and you will see why I said. You are young, black, no kids, no wife with MONEY you GOLDEN right now a Dominican womans dream. LOOK OUT they are out to get you. Good Luck & DUECES!!!

This just SOUNDS like great advice. I have already begun putting it into practice. THANKS BRO!!!

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
OK, I'll make an assessment... I'll be in Santiago in Feb.....come on down, let's go have a drink with some of the other DR1 Cibae?os and let me assess your situation.
:)

SHALENA

PM me. We can make it happen. I cant say I am looking for a wife, but I tend to attract long term relationships. The wife is in law school so Im doing aiite for myself.....

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
Now it sounds that you need to learn how to live by yourself with yourself. That means to appreciate the peace of mind you get without having to compromise. You can live alone without being lonely and do it successfully.

I hope I explained it correctly.

yea. Im not trying to shack up by any means.

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
If the REASON for relocating to the DR is to fulfill some emotional emptiness created by your recent "single" status, you're much better off coming a few times to fulfill that Pimp Daddy fantasy.

It's hard to "make it" here. Living 24/7/365 in the DR is no different than where you are today: you don't club it and date 10 beautiful women in the states, don't think you'll do it here. That stuff always bites your butt eventually there, it'll be MUCH worse here.

You can't run away from yourself. You'll be the same mundane guy here you are at home. I say that because if your a ballin' Pimp Daddy at home, you wouldn't be needing the DR.

Post break-up, it's best to spend time alone to reorganize your priorities, think clearly again and learn to like the unattached "you." That gets lost in a relationship. And if you have kids, you owe it to them to learn to become a World Class single dad before you focus on the little head fantasies...

thanks for the advice. Coming to the DR is like dreams deferred. I dont have any kids. traveling the world IS my priority.

Of course Im not ballin pimp daddy because I was recently married and quite faithful. However, I cant say i have a problem meeting ladies here stateside.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Pay attention to what Cobraboy says. If you choose to enjoy the fantasy, then remember it is just a fantasy and never let your ego convince you that it is reality. You pay for that fantasy and as you can read on this board it becomes even more expensive when you try to make that fantasy a reality. Both financially and emotionally.

thanks for the advice. Coming to the DR is like dreams deferred. I dont have any kids. traveling the world IS my priority.

Of course Im not ballin pimp daddy because I was recently married and quite faithful. However, I cant say i have a problem meeting ladies here stateside.

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
Thanks all. I love the dating advice. I created thread for that under the Men are from Mars Sub-forum too. Lets not limit the advice to dating tho.

Thanks again

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Curious, why the Dominican? I understand the part about wanting to see the world but why the need to base your trip solely on coming here to date the local women, this is what your posts imply. I do not know many people who brag about meeting women online. I can see if your coming here to experience the culture and all that but based on your posts your coming here for the women. Is it just me or is something just not clicking here??? I do not think your looking for true and honest advice, you seem to want to let everyone know your plans to conquer the local women. Somehow putting your plan out here seems a bit on the disrespectful side. This is just my take on all this. But by all means continue to enlighten us.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Oh my bad! I hear a lot of dominicans talking bad about black americans like we are not just as pretty. <b>I LOVE AA sistas I wish I had a chance to be with one</b>. I have a friend who went to FIT in NYC, and she told me so many Dominicans thought she was Dominican and the they would say some S**T like" your pretty for a black woman" thats why to this day she thinks something is wrong with Dominicans.

It sounds like you are suffering from very low self esteem when you can't even hook up a girl of your own ethnicity or culture and have to settle for an outsider. That is soooo sad.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Sorry JMB773, but to me you really don't qualify for trying to boost someone's self esteem when you need help with your own.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Sorry JMB773, but to me you really don't qualify for trying to boost someone's self esteem when you need help with your own.

Mr DR I was asking SKing a question about her post, and what I meant was I never came close to marrying a sista. I have a wife and little girl in SD, and I have a 8yrs old daughter with a Mexicana here in Chicago, and between the two them they drive me crazy I mean the women. I must say 90 percent of the women I dated in my past were Boriqua or Mexican something I'm not proud of, but what no change it for the world. Also Mr DR no need to bash you, or insult you thats not my style, but don't form a strong opinion about someone until you see them in action. Do me a favor fly here to Chicago- Ohare I will pick you up and we can hit the town.BTW I will be the one in the Pearl White 2010 Cadillac Escalade.

Last edited:

AlexMitchell

Dec 6, 2011
Curious, why the Dominican? I understand the part about wanting to see the world but why the need to base your trip solely on coming here to date the local women, this is what your posts imply. I do not know many people who brag about meeting women online. I can see if your coming here to experience the culture and all that but based on your posts your coming here for the women. Is it just me or is something just not clicking here??? I do not think your looking for true and honest advice, you seem to want to let everyone know your plans to conquer the local women. Somehow putting your plan out here seems a bit on the disrespectful side. This is just my take on all this. But by all means continue to enlighten us.

Ya. That is not my intention -to brag. I actually dont consider myself a promiscuous type. However, I do enjoy the company of a beautiful woman. Im sorry I have focused too much on the meeting women piece. I am really looking for all kinds of dos and donts.

Why DR? Let see. 1) It is cheap 2) They look like me 3) Perfect my Spanish 4) Natural beauty of the country 4) Not too far from home. 5) I have been there once and I stayed on the resort - I want to get to see more of the country 6) There is the element of the unknown/danger 7) Chicas 8) Not a long or expensive flight 9) You guys! This forum was a big help in deciding to go

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Ok number 3, 4, 2 and maybe 8 and then number 9 you have me with this but I really believe that you should come here discover what is here. Forget the women for a minute, see the Island, experience the people, take it all in, and then see what the local women have to offer. We have so much history ( ask Sr. Hillbilly), beautiful beaches and wonderful people, food, that I would hate for you to loose out on this.

Last edited:

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
Whew...i don't know where to start here. First, a big welcome to you Alex, brother! Let me start by telling you that i'm half dominican and spent my youth growing up between here and Ohio. I'm basically a Dominican Hillbilly. During the 70's, my family and i squatted down in the back of our house daily and burried our poop like feral cats--covering it back up with dirt while we competed with neighborhood stray cats; we bathed in nearby rivers, such as "Juno" and "Blanco," and we tapped into the main power grid for 25 years before we ever saw an electricity bill make an appearance at our front door. So, allow me to give you the lowdown about relationships on this island in what i like to call the TEN DOMINICAN COMMANDMENTS:

1.) do not think that the girls you are chatting with online are good, innocent girls. Most are working girls (Prostitutes); some of them are probably my cousins trying to get a new, fresh, ripe Gringo--moving down here for the first time with a pocket full of cash and little, if any, kryptonite, wooden stakes, or garlic in his or her pocket to ward them off.

2.) Do not believe a Dominican woman (whom you have never met) when she tells you that they "Love you", and only you! lying here is learned at an early age and condoned by the village elders. My granfather taught me and my cousins the pantomines of lying. it's an art. trust me. A man has 7 pantomines, a woman has 25. This makes women far superior than men; it also makes them totally unbeatable! Listen to me, i'm a professional.

3.) Whenever a Dominican says these words to you: "You can trust me!" be weary. Be very weary. Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction and do not look back!! This warning also applies for any dominican electrician, plumber, carpenter, investor, real-estate broker, attorney, and basically, any dominican professional who says to you: "Yes, you can trust me!"

4.) Whenever a Dominican asks you for these things: New hair, new nails, new clothes, new shoes, money for a sick relative, money for a relative who just died (for the third time), money for the cow or donkey who needs medical attention, money for medicine, money for phone minutes on their chip, money for the roof that needs repairing (again), etc. run as fast as your feet will carry you in the opposite direction.

5.) Whenever a Dominican (Who you've met at a bar or nightclub or online) asks to move in with you, be weary. be very weary. Be paronoid. Be suspicious, and then be in shape to run a marathon to the opposite side of the island. You might want to begin taking swimming lessons before you move down here. Also, start running for the conditioning that you'll be needing.

If you want the second five commandments, i'll be more than happy to provide them to you. but let these first five sink before you ask me. Invest in a good pair of running shoes!!

Sincarely Frank (Dominican, grew up in Bonao)

Golden..

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
Alex let me help you I am about to give you some REAL advice you sound like a really cool trustworthy brother, and I can tell because you are 31yrs old and have zero kids and run your own business that takes smarts.
1st: Tell no one this is your first time in DR on EL Conde or Malecon, say something like you spend all your time in Sanitago or PP. You will see why this is number 1.
2nd: Do not let these women know you are single, and PLEASE do not ever tell them you have a thing for Dominican women. Tell them you have a girl back in the States and you are open to having a friend, but otherwise I'm COOL. The women on the net some are cool, but they all have an agenda. FINDING A HUSBAND from outside DR.
3rd Whatever you do please do not make DR your one and only. You are right spend a month in DR. Spend a month in Panama City because if you like beautiful women Panama City is Heaven. Go to Costa Rica, PR, Colombia, then if you still love DR now you are ready to find a wife and have kids. Please go to Panama City after DR and you will see why I said. You are young, black, no kids, no wife with MONEY you GOLDEN right now a Dominican womans dream. LOOK OUT they are out to get you. Good Luck & DUECES!!!

VERY VERY WISE WORDS..

I'm in the exact same boat except 33 been here 3 years already (sheesh)..single, never married, no kids and handsome lol the girls face light up..dominican woman dreams hell you should see the american women especially AA its like scrooge mcduck $$ in their eyes like JACKPOT!!!!

Also agree don't make DR your one and only its a big world out here...

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
BTW....no one here will say it but I will. You are in for a rude awakening, my brother. Outside of the obvious putas and undercover hoes.....the actual middle class, decent, wife material Dominicanas aren't gonna give you the time of day.

SHALENA

I disagree 200%, it has more to do with him then the women I've dated all kinds from models, radio show host, lawyers, business women, women who did not need me for $$ or a visa to usa, from all over the country the capital, santiago etc almost white, to darker ones and had no problems but then again I'm handsome and charming lol.

But my #1 rule is as soon as they ask for money for anything!!!! it's a wrap..

The putas are obvious and so are the undercover hoes, now I agree meeting them online is not the best way especially if your spanish is pretty good, nothing beats in person during everyday life.

But saying he is not gonna get the time a day is a bit harsh...

SNH

Jul 24, 2010

I agree to a point once you live here you don't go out 7 days a week, its just like living in the states you have a routine, and typical boring stuff grocery shop, pay electric bills (in person lol)
buy gas etc, its not living on a permanent vacation also like he said if you are a lame duck in the states you will be the same lame here,

But I've done "ballin pimp daddy" in the states too and its waaay more fun here and cheaper and the girls look so much better, in the states partying and going out and traveling used to cost me $10k a month, here to do the same is more like $3000-$4000 so you can save alot of money with same if not better lifestyle

Ballin pimp daddy example - I go to a club here and can get bottle service for 3000-7000 pesos or less than $200 ish USD, in LA or MIA its $850 a bottle of grey goose for table & $450 in Dallas

Or on a more typical note the cleaning lady who comes 3 times a week cost 4000 pesos a month ($100 USD) where as in states it was $50 per hour 2 hr min. so more like $100-$150 per cleaning

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.