Any helpful Facts...street smarts...

A

apostropheman

If she lasts 6-9 days as you suggest she has a big problem. Remember she insists on going without a return tix. She goes out to the airport and needs to contend with space being used by returning Doms from the holidays and tourists (High season). I doubt she will get a tix at any price. If she found a tix she couldn't afford it.

So is the bet how many days to leave the DR or her job? Lets get the facts of the bet right.

Miss N> Santa doesn't visit people living in a gua gua.
i say 9 days until she's actively trying to get a ticket. (she'll have quit or been fired by then...or will leave without notice as soon as she can get a flight :))

i had a look at flights, 1-way, online and they are way more than "normal" already. (not unusual for the season) the prices will likely be astronomical by mid december and you're right...probably next to no availability :D
i think we should start a pool based on when Miz N. leaves the DR...in a huff :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

since the new job apparently begins on December 12 i bet (not for money but just a "friendly" wager) that she'll be trying, desperately, to buy a ticket home before xmas...and the only reason she won't be long gone from the DR is because, against all advice, she does not have a return ticket and they'll be both scarce and incredibly expensive during the holiday season.

...but my bet is that by December 21st Miz N. will be ticket shopping (if not already on a plane home). :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
The only reason I can think why the mods haven't banned this ill-mannered, moronic little troll, is that they're mesmerised by the sight of someone digging, digging, digging themselves into oblivion.

Its like someone standing on the top of a tall building, and the crowd below chants! Jump! Jump!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I already said 6 first!!!! Check the posts!

BTW for hlywd.........

her name is Anna......she posted it in one of her very first posts talking about the sankie she went out with at Bavaro Princess.....mister attractive she called him!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Why do you people keep feeding Anna "The Troll" with the attention she is desperately seeking? I would think ignoring her would frustrate her even more.

:bunny:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here's good advice. AT first I thought it was weird, but then it made more sense.

You are generally safer in the presence of Dominicans. If you find yourself totally alone, be very very careful. Especially when out walking or something.

I was out walking with a neighbor in AUgust when I still lived in Cabrera. All of a sudden we looked at each other and realized we were totally alone. Around the next bend were two pretty creepy looking guys apparently squatting in an empty house. We picked up the pace and got out of there quick. And she was a local!

Don't go anywhere alone at night. If you go out with a group go home with the same group. If you decide to have some drinks for heavens sake order plenty of water and don't make a fool of yourself.

If you don't have the proper change for your concho, tell the guy to come back in a bit when you have made change. Don't do what I did--give him my 50 bill and asked him to return. That was my 30 peso lesson!

DON'T listen to any Dominican men who will undoubtedly start yammering away at you withing seconds of your arrival. Ignore these jerks. Also, married men will hit on you in this country. I did my best to ignore it but it is a fact of life. I was out of the single guys age bracket for my town so all I got were jerks and married guys. It can be frustrating but I knew I wasn't there to find a man so I carried on!

Be super respectful when invited to someone's home. Don't fill your plate too much with food because you will be served more at some point. Take time to listen to the elders in the home and show respect. Hand squeezing and sincere thank-yous go a long way with older folks. I have been known to say "bendicion" to people who treated me very very kindly.

Don't dress too flashy! You'll have a hard enough time disproving the "all gringas are sluts" theory. Classy not flashy! Find a classy girl in your new environs and copy her if need be! Dominicans dress nice, smell nice, look nice, have their hair and nails done. Acclimate!

People will want to know about you, and all I can say is be careful who you share information with at all times. Guard your privacy, and your personal possessions. Don't let someone in your house unless you know them. As soon as you get a phone get some reliable numbers programmed in that you can call if you need help/in case of emergency.

That's all I can say, and I am no expert. Good luck.

I wish I could have said it like this. So well put, and so clear. I do hope she reads and copies...
Thanks MG!!

BTW, I think this thread has gone downhill a bit...shame..

HB

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Also (this comes from living in the FSU, but I had forgotten about it somehow. I guess it might apply to the DR) - if you see a person you don't know on the street in some sort of trouble - be very cautious about coming closer and offering any kind of assistance. It can be a trap.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Talvez.....

The only reason I can think why the mods haven't banned this ill-mannered, moronic little troll, is that they're mesmerised by the sight of someone digging, digging, digging themselves into oblivion.
......Or maybe the mod is waiting for me to use her as my personal punching bag, wahahahahahaha.

In all my years here, I have never witnessed a CC (Chartoon Character) being "BEATEN" by so MANY members at the same time!!!.

THERE'S A GOD!!!!.

(She is so lucky I am so tired, lol).

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
thanks i dont need to practice my spanish, i htink with what i have now is just fine
mind your buisness and dont support pointless comments when you dont know me

Trust me...as a Canadian girl who has lived in the DR before, and will again...you do need to practice your Spanish. No matter how good it is...

Especially when dealing with motoconchos and other locals at colmados..etc. The more "Dominican" you sound the less they are going to try to overcharge you...

And the staff at the hotel are not really going to tell you the local rates. They want the rest of their ppl to be able to make some money off you as well. (and I am not saying this in a rude way..it's just true).

It is honestly $20RD pesos per ride, pretty much no matter where you go. If you pay a $1US you are paying too much. If you pay $30RD pesos unless you are going really reallllllly far away...it's too much.

Now...even if you find some of the members on here to be "rude" or what not...think of it this way. They have heard the same story 100's of times with the same results. Sure, you may be different, but it honestly does come across like your not listening to a word they say and just arguing with ppl who are giving you well meaning advice.

My advice would be to ignore the messages you don't like. Don't reply. It only makes you look worse unfortunately. And I am really telling u this honestly as an outsider reading the thread...

These ppl have knowledge and experience that can be invaluable to you. Even if certain comments rub you the wrong way...bite your tongue. You will find further down the road they know what they are talking about. Don't burn bridges...

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
I am amazed I actually sat through all this.
As a result I feel I must post.
Ms N. came in here seeking advice.
She got lots of good advice, But she chose not to listen and then to fight anyone and everyone when the advice was not to her liking,
She said,
"i dont need any!"
She also said
"dont worry about me ill be fine"
Well then why are you posting if you already know everything?
She also says,
"i guess i dont realy get along with the << older crowd> "
My guess is you have the same problem with the younger crowd.

Although I think Ms N. should be done here I am sure she will feel the need to attack me and then pat herself on the back , spew self congratulatory mierda and other long winded mastabatory crap just to feel like she has "won"
Well this ain't a contest honey, we are all just trying to get by here , help each other out with our expiriences and improve our quality of life.

I would like however to join one contest.
I bet she doesn't last more than 30 days.
She will hang in miserably as least a month so when she crawls back home she can say I lived in the D.R. for over a month.
It could be much quicker though even less than a week, either way in the end Ms N. will never succeed in this country Lo juro!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
i think we should start a pool based on when Miz N. leaves the DR...in a huff :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

That's not quite where I'd start, apos. First, she has to get in to the DR.........normally not difficult but.............

I just wish the management of the hotel that you will be working at were reading this..............Marlie

Shouldn't be too difficult to arrange given some of the contacts some DR1 members have................;)

Sany

Oct 2, 2007
Help me...

There are ppl like me wh've posted some quest. and would love it if I could get some more information/advice. Not trying to be selfish here; but, it's evident that your time, thoughts, energy and expetise may be appreciated elsewhere... Like me for example.

Oh... I am canadian and, well, speechless; however, laughed a few times. Looking forward to your answers.

THANK YOU!!

Sany

Oct 2, 2007
what would you like information on dear-heart

Would it be better if you read the threads I created (one in Legal and the other in Santo- Domingo) or should I repeat my questions... I'm afraid too many people may not be attracted to Miss N's posts :paranoid: and I do not really want to piggy-back.