Any news? Re- members waiting for Visa to Canada

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi bjnissa!

I called my MP's office on Friday (late morning) ans she replied on Monday morning.

MBG

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
MBG - Congrats!!!!!!!! I am very happy for you. I found this part of the waiting game the hardest to do. It is so close you can almost taste it. I felt sick everyday worrying about it. I hope that call comes very quickly for you!!!!!

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi Lexi! (Thanks ! I know you're with me on this!)

Hi caredbl84!

The MP in the (Pointe-aux-Trembles area). Her name is Francine Lalonde but someone else is doing the job for the moment.

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
caredbl84

By the way on the CAIPS form (IMM5563) do you know where I can find the ATIP file number?

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
MBG

I believe you leave the reference # & ATIP file number box empty.

I have learned ATIP means Acess to Information & Privacy and we would not have a file number for that.

I dont know exactly what its for but the reference number is for people applying within Canada & doesn't apply in our situations.

Im sorry I don't know much more than that but I will be leaving both boxes empty when I send in my form.

Sangria

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
Questions about the forms

On the IMM 5563 form, It says request for CAIPS (information Abroad) or Overseas Visa File(CAIPS included)..im going to send them in next month when i am in Canada..which should I check off. Also the Visa File #...should be the Client # or B #?

On the IMM 5475 it ask for the office where the application was submitted...is that the Mississauga office or the embassy location?

Sorry the the questions but if anyone can let me know that would be great im going to Canada in a few days.

Thanks

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
On the IMM 5563 form, It says request for CAIPS (information Abroad) or Overseas Visa File(CAIPS included)..im going to send them in next month when i am in Canada..which should I check off.

you choose request for caips...this is just the printout

if you choose visa file including caips you will get a copy of your entire application and that means that haiti has to stop working to make a copy to send you....eeks! nobody wants that!!

Also the Visa File #...should be the Client # or B #?

i would use the B file number.

On the IMM 5475 it ask for the office where the application was submitted...is that the Mississauga office or the embassy location?

i would choose Port au Prince Haiti

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
Here's what our useless MP got for us:

File was received overseas on June 24, 2008.

It has gone through initial review and there is no additional information required at this time. An officer will be reviewing to determine if interview required. If waived, the next step would be background checks.

Medicals are good until April 4 2009. Should the application not be completed by the time the medicals expire, your wife would be required to submit new medicals. Given that she is pregnant and unable to submit to xray, she would not be able to submit medicals until after the birth.

Processing times for Port-au-Prince are 16-20 months. For this file, you would count the time since June 24, 2008.

While I regret that I was not able to give you the response that you were hoping for, I will follow up on this file in mid-March.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
are you going to order the caips notes? maybe that will tell you more than the MP...at least you will know the next time they are reviewing your file.

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
are you going to order the caips notes? maybe that will tell you more than the MP...at least you will know the next time they are reviewing your file.

Not going to order the CAIPS notes no, not really a point for us to do that. Her medilcals will expire in a short period of time here, and she's not able to re-do them until after the birth of our child. Which will unfortuneately be not be in Canada.

After she's finally able to re-do the medicals ( September - October ) we'll have to get at the back of the line again and continue our application which I am told will take " on average 16-20 months ". That will mean that we're now looking at 2010 - 2011 as a timline to be all said and done......

I'm pretty confident that after we've been forced to go through all of this, I won't have any interest to have my family in Canada. Which I'm starting to believe is the goal of the office in Port-au-Prince.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
why would you have to get to the back of the line...i think they would just hold things until the new medicals are recieved after the baby is born. congratulations to you and your wife

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi bjnissa!

I think I agree with you. Which part of Canada are you from?

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
why would you have to get to the back of the line...i think they would just hold things until the new medicals are recieved after the baby is born. congratulations to you and your wife

Thanks for the congratulations, we're VERY excited! Wish I had an answer to your other question though. Wish that they had an answer for me, but not really counting on one.

Johana

May 24, 2006
bjnissa,

have you sent in proof of your wife's pregnancy to be added to your file? There's still time for them to finish processing and issue the visa prior to the medicals expiring. There was another poster from several years ago that had their file move very quickly after they sent in the proof that she was pregnant (congrats by the way!!) and it was her husband that was being sponsored.

Maybe your MP can help move this along....it's worth a try!

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
bjnissa,

have you sent in proof of your wife's pregnancy to be added to your file? There's still time for them to finish processing and issue the visa prior to the medicals expiring. There was another poster from several years ago that had their file move very quickly after they sent in the proof that she was pregnant (congrats by the way!!) and it was her husband that was being sponsored.

Maybe your MP can help move this along....it's worth a try!

They are aware of the pregnancy, but will not speed up our process because of it. In fact for others reading here and to know what type of people your dealing with, here is another situation that is applicable to our application:

The reason why I am back in Canada right now is to help and support a family member who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and has a short period to live.

I as well as the family member who has the condition have contacted the embassy in Haiti. Informing them that it is one of his last wishes to meet my wife and to have us by his side during his last days.

You would think that a special condition like this may help speed our process up as a priority ( it has been close to a year now and our application is a pretty straight forward one) ? But to their kind hearts in that office, that situation is not even worth a reply! Nice people we're dealing with hey ???