Any news? Re- members waiting for Visa to Canada

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
Updates

Embassy called today when I was in the DR with my wife. Passport will be ready in a week or so

FYI

FM

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
Fireman,
I am sooooo happy for you, you have had such a difficult time. CONGRATULATIONS

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
congratulations fireman! its been a long time coming and you must be so relieved that the end is in sight!

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
My friends

Thanks everyone.

I was somewhat afraid to bring my wife to Canada with -15 so spring works for me. Last time I was picked up at the airport in Buffalo, I mentioned to my friend that is must be -20 or something of that nature today. He replied, its zero...I think you have been climatized in the DR ...

anything about 0 when she arrives I will be happy...

FYI...I fly Jet Blue alot out of Buffalo....good deals and good reward points system

Regards

FM

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
Hello all, just wanted to ask a question. Who is left waiting for a call,email? I want to see how many had gotten a call in the last 2 months. Wow there has been alot of movement with the applications. So again who hasn't heard anything other than me??
Boogirl

dominican_daisy

Apr 18, 2006
Hi Boo Girl,

I really think that maybe this should be a new thread :)

I too am still waiting and I'm also getting very FRUSTRATED!!!! It's really hard for me to be happy for my friend who just recently got 'the call' when I applied 6 weeks before her......i don't get it ...so processing the applications on a first come first serve, is complete BS.

I contacted my MP about 2 weeks ago, he told me that my application hadn't even been paper screened yet. I made a call to my MP again yesterday in a state of rage (lol) asking him to put some pressure on immigrations and find out more about my application and why people that have applied after me are get calls to drop off their passports????

I realize I am not the only person going through this....but I'm just really upset how its all turning out :(

Thanks for letting me vent!!!
DD

Johana

May 24, 2006
DD,

I would agree with you - that although once the processing starts each application can take different lengths of time. But the fact that they haven't started paper screening yours yet when others who applied after are complete....I hope you are able to get your MP to help you out and find out what they are waiting for. I know it's your second app....so that just makes it even worse!!!

Good luck with your MP!

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
I get you DD,

Not so long ago I was very disappointed when I found out that many people who applied 16 to 20 weeks before me got the call!!!
If you read my posts... You'll see that I do understand (I needed to vent to, and DR1 was there for me) ....But keep talking to your MP, mine was very helpful...The Embassy started to really work when my MP got involved.

I'm available whenever you need to vent again (ask BOO GIRL...she knows)

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
i guess i will start bothering my MP again... i called last week and they said they cannot contact them until next week

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
I'm thinking like a lot of people on DR1 said...Some MPs work quickly you don't even have to put any pressure they just do their job and seem to enjoy it ( well in my case) and some are so laid back you have to remind them what to do....Keep calling!!! I certainly will not discourage you.

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
Yah i know and I vent on MBJ all the time too! It's the way we show our love! jaja
Anyways my MP said the same thing....wait till the end of the month....before we try calling again. I think they know something we dont know!!!! cross our fingers.
peace

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
Sorry MBG I spelt your name wrong.my bad....im laying sideways reading all this on the laptop....trying to get my daughter to sleep and catching up on all our venting...jaja
peace!!!

emj_08

Feb 9, 2006
Hey DD,

Boy, do I know how you feel. I applied THREE MONTHS before one of my girlfriends, and they are a few steps AHEAD of me in the process right now. Here's the kicker. I lived with my man for two years in DR, and immigration told us there was no need to get married for the visa because we qualified as common-law at this point. QUOTE - "Common-law partners are regarded the SAME as married couples." So I'm thinking "great! one less thing to do!" All I had to do was prove we lived together for so long. Easy. Rent receipts and photos, testimonials, etc.

But my friend, who is now racing ahead of me in the process, is married. I agree with you, this is not a coincidence. They are favouring her because she got the piece of paper. Even though she has only ever visited him for two weeks at a time. My spouse and I are legitimate. We lived together, worked, paid bills, argued about what's for dinner, all the stuff real partners do in real life.

But because I didn't go for the piece of paper, my application is lagging behind. I find it unfair they advised me I didn't need to be married. If we are denied the visa, I think that's excellent grounds for appeal.

And that's it for my venting session. Know how you feel, DD!

caro

Sep 24, 2003
But because I didn't go for the piece of paper, my application is lagging behind. I find it unfair they advised me I didn't need to be married. If we are denied the visa, I think that's excellent grounds for appeal.

I don t think is the way you do it your application because my boyfriend come here on commow-law partner too and the process took only 5 month and half.that was in 2008.