Any news? Re- members waiting for Visa to Canada

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The reason why I am back in Canada right now is to help and support a family member who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and has a short period to live.

I as well as the family member who has the condition have contacted the embassy in Haiti. Informing them that it is one of his last wishes to meet my wife and to have us by his side during his last days.

You would think that a special condition like this may help speed our process up as a priority ( it has been close to a year now and our application is a pretty straight forward one) ? But to their kind hearts in that office, that situation is not even worth a reply! Nice people we're dealing with hey ???

First of all, I'm so sorry about your relative with terminal cancer.

I'm not sure how you contacted the embassy to inform them of this but you have to understand that they've heard it all before and would need a ton of paper work as proof.

Here is a thread on how a Canadian girl got her boyfriend a visitor visa to see her dying mother. http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/77176-how-my-boyfriend-got-his-canada-visitors-visa-hope-helps.html

Sorry to say that others have reported in the last few years that being pregnant never speeds up the process.

Wishing you the best

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
Thanks Anna for your kind words, and I have considered their perspective that it may be a hoax in order to put us to the front on the line. That's why we included his file / reference number at the cross cancer clinic here in Edmonton in case they wanted to have a look into the details.

Still nothing, and unfortuneately we don't have the time to wait for a visitors visa to be issued. Not that I am even .01 percent confident that they would even issue her one under the circumstances.

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
Is it just me or does it seem if its a Canadian man sponsoring his wife the process seems to take forever..they ask for things that are just crazy..just a comment..seems us ladies have it a little easier! ;)

Thanks for your comment there :ermm:, but sadly this seems to be true. I'm going a bit further than most would to confirm if that is true. If and when the
statistician I'm having look into it finds it to be true, I'll be launching a class action law suit against this visa office on grounds of racism / prejustice.

I've been doing allot of research this past while and the injustices people have endured direct to these clowns actions. I was very happy to learn today that some of the records processed from that office over the years are available to the public if requested. Needless to say the statistician working for me is going to be a busy man the next week or two.....

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
First of all, I'm so sorry about your relative with terminal cancer.

I'm not sure how you contacted the embassy to inform them of this but you have to understand that they've heard it all before and would need a ton of paper work as proof.

Here is a thread on how a Canadian girl got her boyfriend a visitor visa to see her dying mother. http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/77176-how-my-boyfriend-got-his-canada-visitors-visa-hope-helps.html

Sorry to say that others have reported in the last few years that being pregnant never speeds up the process.

Wishing you the best

This case was about a visitor visa not sponsorship

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Thanks for your comment there :ermm:, but sadly this seems to be true. I'm going a bit further than most would to confirm if that is true. If and when the
statistician I'm having look into it finds it to be true, I'll be launching a class action law suit against this visa office on grounds of racism / prejustice.

I've been doing allot of research this past while and the injustices people have endured direct to these clowns actions. I was very happy to learn today that some of the records processed from that office over the years are available to the public if requested. Needless to say the statistician working for me is going to be a busy man the next week or two.....

Well good luck and tell us the results when the Canadian Supreme Court will be done with it in about 10 if no 15 years

bjnissa

Sep 15, 2008
Thanks for your helpfull post there, glad you took a minute of your life to contribute.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This case was about a visitor visa not sponsorship

I guess it didn't come across as well as it did in my own head.;)

I was trying to show that one would need a lot of documentation when one wants to convince immigration Canada to speed up the process because a loved one is dying. A file number isn't going to do it.

bjnissa
may I suggest you wait till your wife is in Canada before you start any lawsuits. Just a thought.

I think you know about the CAIPS notes right? http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/84374-ordering-caips-notes.html

Last edited:

princesa_pineda

May 13, 2008
I am with bjnissa on this one, immigration officers don't care about us, it seems like all they want to do is make our live miserable. My brother and his wife had a baby in Sept and my hubby and I are the godparents and they are being forced to wait to baptise their baby just because immigration is taking forever to process our case. We have been waiting for 13 months now and to me it seems like our papers ended up in the hands of the slowest officer there. Our case is sooo straight forward, no previous marriages no kids, just 2 peoople who love eachother and are dying to start their live together. It breaks my heart to see that people who applied in JULY 2008 are already getting calls to take in passports and getting calls for interviews, I mean don't get me wrong I am happy for everyone who is having progress, it just makes me wonder WTF did I do wrong for our papers not to be done yet.

bjnissa although I am happy that you are looking into immigration stats and are planning on sueing them, I must agree with AnnaC and wait til your wife is here before you sue them.

I am truly hoping that everyone who has been waiting a long time ie Fireman and Carlos and anyone else who has been left behind like we have will get the call soon! We have all been waiting far too long to have our loved ones here with us and it is not fair how immigration does things.

Sorry if anyone gets offended by this post but I am just very frustrated and I don't want people who applied after us to think I am not happy for them because I truly am happy that they had more luck then we did. I just had to let out my frustration.

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
Princess Pineda,
You should not feel sorry for expressing how you feel. All of the emotions and frustrations you are going through are completely normal. Of course you will feel frustrated when you have been waiting over 6 months LONGER than some of the ppl who are already getting calls to drop off their passports, etc. It must be a very strange feeling... you're happy for your friends who are getting answers and are finally bringing their loved ones to Canada, but you wonder, why not you? But your time will come! It's coming soon and then you and your husband will begin a long and wonderful life together. You have to fight for what you love but in the end it will be more than worth it.
But again, don't feel bad for the emotions and frustration you are feeling. ANYONE in your position would be feeling the exact same thing!

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi princesa pineda!

You wrote exactly what I was thinking when I found out about sherri, ellie2008 and laurar I think. I was sincerly happy for them but extremely upset with the immigration...I was especially hurt because 2 of those ladies I think live with their spouses in DR... Imagine: living in DR w/ your spouse (so not suffering while waiting) and getting the call less than 3 months after the CIC website says ''IN PROCESS''(so it seems like you have not waited at all which is great).And wouldn't it make more sense to reunite the ones apart as soon as possible because they actually ARE apart?! Seriously if we could wait with our spouses in DR we would. And this might sound crazy but I was thinking a few days ago that we could send a collective e-mail to inquire about this...( putting all our file numbers as the title of our e-mail).

I e-mailed the IMM. in December to request a copy of receipt of documents. They replied almost instantly saying ?they got everything and they will contact my husband as soon as possible...There's a high volume of applications..They have to process on a 1ST COME 1ST SERVED basis...? Really!!!

Anyway I did not say my idea was a good one but I'm sure Carlos, bjnissa, you and others who applied around the end of 07 or the beginning of 08 understand me. Of course I wouldn't want anything to backfire... You know when you don't know where to turn anymore, what to do, to think, you come up with stuff (good or not so good).At least I will be visiting my husband for few days next week but still....Knowing he probably won't come back with me sometimes kills the spirit...)

Patiently waiting for your comments

MBG

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Hi princesa pineda!

You wrote exactly what I was thinking when I found out about sherri, ellie2008 and laurar I think. I was sincerly happy for them but extremely upset with the immigration...I was especially hurt because 2 of those ladies I think live with their spouses in DR... Imagine: living in DR w/ your spouse (so not suffering while waiting) and getting the call less than 3 months after the CIC website says ''IN PROCESS''(so it seems like you have not waited at all which is great).Seriously if we could wait with our spouses in DR we would. And this might sound crazy but I was thinking a few days ago that we could send a collective e-mail to inquire about this...( putting all our file numbers as the title of our e-mail).

I e-mailed the IMM. in December to request a copy of receipt of documents. They replied almost instantly saying ?they got everything and they will contact my husband as soon as possible...There's a high volume of applications..They have to process on a 1ST COME 1ST SERVED basis...? Really!!!

Anyway I did not say my idea was a good one but I'm sure Carlos, bjnissa, you and others who applied around the end of 07 or the beginning of 08 understand me. Of course I wouldn't want anything to backfire... You know when you don't know where to turn anymore, what to do, to think, you come up with stuff (good or not so good).At least I will be visiting my husband for few days next week but still....Knowing he probably won't come back with me sometimes kills the spirit...)

Patiently waiting for your comments

MBG

Maybe the fact that some are living in the D.R. with their spouses while waiting for the Canadian immigration answer helped convince the immigration officer about the seriousness of their relationship. I said MAYBE, so Don't conclude that I mean that those who are living apart are not as serious as the others.

And wouldn't it make more sense to reunite the ones apart as soon as possible because they actually ARE apart?!
That would be discrimination.

And for those that are waiting for more than one year, there must be something wrong with your case what ??? I don't know, some documents missing, officer not convinced about seriousness of the relationship or not convinced about the applicant ability $$ to sponsor ?????

I don't think that the applicants are the better judges to answer those questions cause they cannot be impartial about their case and it is normal though.

Seriously if we could wait with our spouses in DR we would.
I don't doubt you would be in the D.R. If you could but Iwould like to know from those that are in the D.R. with their spouses what sacrifices they made to be there??(job, career,family)

princesa_pineda

May 13, 2008
No I am not living in the DR with my husband, but that should not be used as a reason for immigration to doubt our relationship because that is discrimination. They say their number one goal is to reunite family that are separted, well we are TRYING to wait patiently, but our patients are wearing thin. I don't think there is a need to tell us people who have been so unfortunate to have to wait such a long time that there is something wrong with our papers because I know of a couple who have been waiting since Nov 2007 for her husband to be approved and she has been living in the DR for 5 plus years, so why are they taking so long?

I have been waiting for 13 months for immigration to make a decision so I can finally start my life with my husband. I was approved as a sponsor in Canada so why would the immigration officer in Haiti be questioning if I could support my husband, not to mention my husband already has a guareented job waiting for him when he get's to Canada and we sent a letter from his futur employer with our papers so immigration is aware of this. As for missing documents we have only ever been asked for 4 things: orginal marriage certificate and birth certificate in April of 2008 when our papers went into processing and then a new police clearance certificate as the original had expired and a declaration form that my hubby does not have any kids in Nov of 2008. So I seem to think that they are not missing any documents and are just taking their sweet ass time processing our papers.

MBG although it is very apealing the idea of sending immigration a group email asking them what is going on, right now I just want my hubby here and don't want to stir up any trouble. I am waiting until my hubby is here and then immigration will be getting a piece of my mind.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
i think we are all at the point when the frustration starts to begin. we have to stay patient and it will be worth it in the end. it is definitely hard to read that people who applied after you are recieving the visas.

i have said it many times but the process is not going to change by the time our spouses are with us and the best thing to do is try to stay positive.

our baby is now 3 months old and immigration didn?t care. i am so lucky to spend my mat leave in the DR. we have been here for almost a week now and i will admit that life is almost perfect for the moment...all that is missing is the visa.

when we have to go home life will return to its incomplete self but the end is in sight for all of us.

i send my best wishes to all that have waited longer than me and i hope we will all have our good news delivered shortly.

sangria

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
No I am not living in the DR with my husband, but that should not be used as a reason for immigration to doubt our relationship because that is discrimination. They say their number one goal is to reunite family that are separted, well we are TRYING to wait patiently, but our patients are wearing thin. I don't think there is a need to tell us people who have been so unfortunate to have to wait such a long time that there is something wrong with our papers because I know of a couple who have been waiting since Nov 2007 for her husband to be approved and she has been living in the DR for 5 plus years, so why are they taking so long?

I have been waiting for 13 months for immigration to make a decision so I can finally start my life with my husband. I was approved as a sponsor in Canada so why would the immigration officer in Haiti be questioning if I could support my husband, not to mention my husband already has a guareented job waiting for him when he get's to Canada and we sent a letter from his futur employer with our papers so immigration is aware of this. As for missing documents we have only ever been asked for 4 things: orginal marriage certificate and birth certificate in April of 2008 when our papers went into processing and then a new police clearance certificate as the original had expired and a declaration form that my hubby does not have any kids in Nov of 2008. So I seem to think that they are not missing any documents and are just taking their sweet ass time processing our papers.

MBG although it is very apealing the idea of sending immigration a group email asking them what is going on, right now I just want my hubby here and don't want to stir up any trouble. I am waiting until my hubby is here and then immigration will be getting a piece of my mind.

Read my post, I did not say that the officer doubt your relationship because you live apart. I said maybe the fact that they live together in the D.R....

In a few words, let's say that you are all paying for those that defrauded some canadian men and women and at the same time the Canadian immigration system. Are you aware that some still defraud ? Have you heard about that dominican guy that arrived at the Toronto Pearson airport about 2 years ago (maybe 3) his canadian wife waiting for him. He went to her and as a hola told her: Lo siento, adios. and went the meet his dominican wife (common law wife) that was also waiting for him y se fue con la dominicana. I could write a book about horror stories that happened to some canadian men and women. I'm talking about facts, real facts y no cuentos.

Have you noticed that now they say it will take about 2 years when before it was about 9 months. Do you have an idea why ???

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
i think we are all at the point when the frustration starts to begin. we have to stay patient and it will be worth it in the end. it is definitely hard to read that people who applied after you are recieving the visas.

i have said it many times but the process is not going to change by the time our spouses are with us and the best thing to do is try to stay positive.

our baby is now 3 months old and immigration didn?t care. i am so lucky to spend my mat leave in the DR. we have been here for almost a week now and i will admit that life is almost perfect for the moment...all that is missing is the visa.

when we have to go home life will return to its incomplete self but the end is in sight for all of us.

i send my best wishes to all that have waited longer than me and i hope we will all have our good news delivered shortly.

sangria

I think you have the right attitude.

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
You guys are right!

La Mariposa: I saw and heard similar horror stories and I know we're paying for those who took advantage. And I know you're probably right about the Imm. believing that spouses who live together in DR seem more real...( some are so not..) but anyway it must be hard for them to guess what's real and what isn't. In my case, I don't live there but ever since I got married I went there more then 10 times ( April 07 'till now)...Doesn't this count for something? I mean I could sacrifice my job I guess and stay there for awhile 'till the visa comes but what if I get there give up on my job here for a year and as soon as I do that I get the visa...My point is the not knowing drives us all insane... (I'm already making plans for next year in case he's not here by this Summer). Our minds are never @ ease, trying to make decisions according to the lenght of the process is hard precisely because we don't know how long it will take. I know my collective e-mail idea wasn't a very smart one but I guess I was thinking or better yet writing ''out loud''. I wasn't gonna blur out all of this but when I saw your post I just had to share my thoughts. With the Imm., I hear no news is good news, mine must be excellent!

Anyway, La Mariposa and sangria, thank you for sharing your thoughts.
And to everyone, sorry for letting it out like this!
To La Mariposa: thanks to your post I expressed what was boiling inside of me for over 2 weeks.

Thanks for the usual support everyone!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
mbg...sometimes you have to write your thoughts out loud to get rid of the bad feelings that we are all sharing right now.

its hard to feel so happy for the others when you want what they have for yourself.

they are lucky now and we will be lucky too soon enough.

congratulations to those who are getting the visa and to everyone for having alot of patience...

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
I just wanted to make a few quick comments.

1. I do believe that because I indeed do live with my husband really did speed up the process. However , leaving my family(went for a 10 month period without seeing anyone), job and one last year of university was difficult. I sacrificed alot to be with him there.

2. People who live apart and ones who live together should be handled equally. I believe that anyone who "could" be with their loved one would be. Hopefully the officers have the ability to tell when a relationship is fake. Im sure people could live together and it could all be a fraud. Who know!

However I dont take the comments made personally because I know that its frustrating to be without the person you love.