Any news? Re- members waiting for Visa to Canada

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi sherri!
Hi sherri!

Thanks for understanding my reaction....This whole thing is just so nervewrecking!

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Sangria!

And I did feel a bit better after exchanging thoughts with all of you.

It's always nice to know I'm not alone.

I do appreciate the lucky ones( Lexi, Anna C, Ellie2008, sherri laurar, etc.) for always
being on DR1 to give us to support to us who are still going nuts, loosing, etc... Needless to say, they don't have to come back on this forum but they always do.

Have a good day everyone!

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
I will come back to give support if I'm a lucky one?!! But not sure if I am....didn't win the lottery this weekend.....48 million would have been nice but I only had 2 numbers. jajaja
I hope everyone is having a good day too. Keep positive, one day closer to reunification with our loved ones!!! Take care.
Boogirl

ladiva

Dec 13, 2008
who do they doubt

just to respond to a comment by MGB and the number of visits to the DR since April 2007....it is not you and your intentions that immigration doubts...it is those of your spouse.

I know that from a conversation that I had with an immigration officer from Haiti when my husband and I were going through this process. She outright said to me that she did not doubt I was sincere, it is the intentions of the person wishing to immigrate that they doubt. No matter how many things you do to show a valid relationship - it all comes down to what proof your spouse can show and prove.

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi ladiva,

I know it's the other spouse they doubt which is why I said something when it comes to living with your spouse in DR. If I live in DR that doubt will instantly disappear...!? So if that is the case can someone confirm this quote ''MOVE TO DR and the Immigration will not doubt your spouse's intention''...When the foreigner moves, he/she is still the one making able to make efforts to be with the one already living in DR. So asking proof of relationship does not prove anything anyway no matter how any times they ask for pictures and so on....Whether our spouses have good intentions or not a picture cant' tell you that.... I know it's hard for them to make a decision. I do understand they process applications of people already living there differently, meaning quicker sometimes but what I have a hard time wit is seeing so many applications sent way after mine already done...It would make more sense tome if someone who sends the application before me or around the time I sent mine gets it before me.. Anyway thanks for your comment... I will focus on my next flight for now which is tomorrow night!

If I hear anything new I will keep you posted as always...

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
I have another comment concerning real relationships. When I think about Carlos' situation, he's a Dominican living in Montreal waiting for his Dominican wife who I think is 2 years younger than him. The Embassy could doubt his story but I don't see how....he sent his stuff since Feb.08. I have another story: someone I met has been living in DR with her significant other for the past 4 years sent the application in Nov.07, NOTHING. Last story some guy I met, got married in April 07 like me, sent his papers in May 07, got his visa in Feb.08, lives in Montreal now. Of course he has a College education, had a fairly good job in DR, speaks French, the age difference between him and his wife is 4 or 5 years (she's older) and he's not Dominican. Well he's here working and doing well. My point is he had everything on his side so that's probably why he was granted the visa so quickly. But he could not care less about his wife, she clearly doesn't know that. Now they're not together anymore. She thinks she messed up!She did but he was waiting for an opportunity to get out of the relationship. He is very happy. My husband always tells me '' if I didn't care about you I would probably already be with you''

Just wanted to share a few stories, that goes to show we can't rely on anything to help us keep our cool...

I'm always crossing my fingers, toes and eyes for all of us!

MBG

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I have another comment concerning real relationships. When I think about Carlos' situation, he's a Dominican living in Montreal waiting for his Dominican wife who I think is 2 years younger than him. The Embassy could doubt his story but I don't see how....he sent his stuff since Feb.08. I have another story: someone I met has been living in DR with her significant other for the past 4 years sent the application in Nov.07, NOTHING. Last story some guy I met, got married in April 07 like me, sent his papers in May 07, got his visa in Feb.08, lives in Montreal now. Of course he has a College education, had a fairly good job in DR, speaks French, the age difference between him and his wife is 4 or 5 years (she's older) and he's not Dominican. Well he's here working and doing well. My point is he had everything on his side so that's probably why he was granted the visa so quickly. But he could not care less about his wife, she clearly doesn't know that. Now they're not together anymore. She thinks she messed up!She did but he was waiting for an opportunity to get out of the relationship. He is very happy. My husband always tells me '' if I didn't care about you I would probably already be with you''

Just wanted to share a few stories, that goes to show we can't rely on anything to help us keep our cool...

I'm always crossing my fingers, toes and eyes for all of us!

MBG

As you imply, she gave him that opportunity to get out of the relationship.
At least, since he is working we taxpayers do not have to pay for him. Neither does she as a sponsor.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
the fact is that everybody is different and what people write here is only a small glimpse of their reality.

there is obviously a set of information that immigration is looking for. there seems to be a few that meet the criteria instantly and receive their visas quickly.

the rest of us apparently dont fit the mold and i believe it is then that they need more time to check things out.

there are only a few possible reasons why we dont hear the decision on a first come first serve basis.

1... they arent reviewing the files in order as they are supposed to be
2... the files are split and assigned to different officers that dont work at the same pace ... if they even work at all
3... our lives are more complicated than we think and the government is taking time to be sure all of our-their ducks are in a row

could be a combination of all 3 or something else completely.

its hard but we cant compare ourselves and our personal situations to someone else in this forum who has shared just enough info here to seem to have a similiar story to yourself.

logistically yes we are all married to dominicans we met in the dominican republic...besides that we are all different

age, income, frequency of travel, employment, accomodations, financial assitance etc are all playing a part in us going through this process slowly or quickly.

we cant change our history or our realities

it would really be nice to have the inside scoop as to how this process works....then maybe we could all relax and wait patiently without worry.

anyone want to volunteer to work in haiti at our embassy....jajaja

sangria

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
princesa_pineda
do what i do... i call my wife every hour... talk a lot on the phone andray every night.. i am sure everything will go well with our cases... i got my caips notes and at least it says they got the docs my wife sent last year in may... it also says she is a new worker and that we didnt state when we will see rachother again... but thanks god i went there last year for our anniversary.... the caips say more things but thats just pesonal info.... take care princesa pineda...we will be fine... i trust god

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
by the way, our caips notes say everything is expired, which is not surprising at all (medicals and criminal background check cert)

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
does it say the BF bring forward date when they will review your file again? ... something to look forward to!

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
actually, the BDF is 10-12-2008 and we havent head anything yet... i will contact them tomorrow.. see what happens

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
this is what is says: paper file sent to CMB BF file to CMB on 10-12-2008. what does this mean... anybody knowS????

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
this is what is says: paper file sent to CMB BF file to CMB on 10-12-2008. what does this mean... anybody knowS????

just a guess but could CMB be the initials of the officer assigned to your file and who knows if 10-12 is oct 12 or dec 10.

from what i have read the caips should always have updated information with the next dates they are to review your file...

the people who i have been learning about caips notes from are ordering caips notes often...they check the BF date and then wait a week to pass and reorder the caips notes to get a new update...

cared...
im not asking you to share the personal info you received but do you think the info you got is or would be helpful if you had to go to an interview?

I guess i am asking if anything they wrote would help you to prepare to answer questions or concerns they might have in an interview situation?

sangria

Last edited:

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
sangria,
in regards to your question, I could only use some of the text the agent wrote in the notes as to why they would need an interview (that is just in the file description of the case). there is no interview date set and no reason for interview obviously...i will wait another month to ask for another caips request.