Are there any youngsters in here aged 17 to 35?

Johy

Sep 15, 2003
www.worldisround.com
Hey,

We study at the same university but I'm little older than you, I'm 25 and my major was Industrial Engineering.

I'm more of a lurker than a poster in the forum. Not too many are in the age range you're asking that also lives at Santo Domingo. Most of the posters live outside the country or in the North Coast

But as Amy suggested a gathering seems better to get to know the people on the forum.

Johy ;)

M

Mr.Mark

carcol said:
why is it nicer?

Well, I think that because you're accustomed to Dominican culture -you are Dominican-. You've already lived here, have family here. I think that makes you more reachable and easy-going, even if you're not an easy-going person.
Guess I won't have to break a big cultural barrier with you and I wouldn't have to give you deep explanations of simple things. I hope you get the point.
Plus, you're Santiaguera! You have a mujer-que-est?-buena background!

M

Mr.Mark

So you're not gonna pay attention to me 'cause I'm 4 years younger?

Johy said:
Hey,

We study at the same university but I'm little older than you, I'm 25 and my major was Industrial Engineering.

I'm more of a lurker than a poster in the forum. Not too many are in the age range you're asking that also lives at Santo Domingo. Most of the posters live outside the country or in the North Coast

But as Amy suggested a gathering seems better to get to know the people on the forum.

Johy ;)

"We study?" So you're still at Alma Mater? Do you live in Santo Domingo?

M

Mr.Mark

Johy said:
Sorry for the confusion, I studied at the same university as you. And yes I live in Santo Domingo

Cool man -or woman-! Talking about INTEC, those guys haven't still given me my diploma! I wanted to apply to a Madrid Business School, but I haven't been able 'cause I still don't have that little detail.
Not that you have to do so necessarily, but have you thought about going to Graduate School out of the DR?

Johy

Sep 15, 2003
www.worldisround.com
Mr.Mark said:
Cool man -or woman-! Talking about INTEC, those guys haven't still given me my diploma! I wanted to apply to a Madrid Business School, but I haven't been able 'cause I still don't have that little detail.
Not that you have to do so necessarily, but have you thought about going to Graduate School out of the DR?

I'm woman, yeah INTEC takes their time when you want certain documents right away.

Regarding Grad School, done that already in USA (Georgia Tech), came back around 9 months ago, thinking on going back to the USA not really working for me here (at least not as I expected)

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Ok

Mr.Mark said:
Taking in account what you said about other gatherings, I'm thinking you can let me know exactly when the next one will be.

Seriously Amy, if you finally don't have such a big hurry when you come here, just contact me and let's get together in some quite place. Thanks again.

Thank you and I will do so if I find myself with some unexpected free time.

Link to Sosua gathering : http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40691

I haven't posted yet but I will be at Rocky's for that if I'm in town.

Not sure about the next SD gathering but will let you know if I see anything on the board.

Stay well,
Amy

M

Mr.Mark

Johy said:
I'm woman, yeah INTEC takes their time when you want certain documents right away.

Regarding Grad School, done that already in USA (Georgia Tech), came back around 9 months ago, thinking on going back to the USA not really working for me here (at least not as I expected)

Congrats. I think that you should go back to the States and then, when you have work experience in the US, maybe you can apply to a top management job here in Zona Franca. Have you done extensive job search? If so, what has been its outcome?

Maybe applying to business school right now is not the best thing for me. I'd rather develop myself with a strong professional experience (I want to pursue an MBA degree, so I really don't have nothing to contribute from where I've gotten so far)

carcol

Mar 9, 2004
got it!

Oh, I totally get what your saying....Eventhough sometimes an accent comes out, I truly feel like more of a Dominican.....I grew up at a young age when I arrived in Santiago...and your right, I am pretty easy going.....Thanks for the compliment, they do say Santiagueras are the prettiest! I'm actually getting together with another DR1er in santiago......Maybe we can hang when I get there in December, I should be in Punta Cana for 1.5 weeks, then a few days in Sto. Dgo, then off to Stgo.....
-by the way, very impressed by the languages you speak. Nice Job!!

Mr.Mark said:
Well, I think that because you're accustomed to Dominican culture -you are Dominican-. You've already lived here, have family here. I think that makes you more reachable and easy-going, even if you're not an easy-going person.
Guess I won't have to break a big cultural barrier with you and I wouldn't have to give you deep explanations of simple things. I hope you get the point.
Plus, you're Santiaguera! You have a mujer-que-est?-buena background!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
carcol said:
Hi there,
I'm 27 y/o Female, but don't live in Santo Domingo....living in NYC now.....but will be in Santiago for a few days this week and in the Capital in December!
Maybe I can meet up with you then!
If you live in Manhattan, you have to tell me the best lounges, discos, and restaurants in Washington Heights. Tired of hanging with the Brooklyn Dominicans, hahaha. I would like to hit the Heights this summer, thanx.

carcol

Mar 9, 2004
sorry

sorry, I wasn't clear........I actually live in Brooklyn (Park Slope) and work in NYC....I'm a jersey girl, so I don't really go to the heights as believe it or not, I don't know anyone there......so, I am not the one to tell you about clubs.....Also, I wouldn't know anything about that.......I am probably the only dominican woman that can't dance and doesnt have rhythm......I have been to Jubilee...that is a great place......

Ricardo900 said:
If you live in Manhattan, you have to tell me the best lounges, discos, and restaurants in Washington Heights. Tired of hanging with the Brooklyn Dominicans, hahaha. I would like to hit the Heights this summer, thanx.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
carcol said:
sorry, I wasn't clear........I actually live in Brooklyn (Park Slope) and work in NYC....I'm a jersey girl, so I don't really go to the heights as believe it or not, I don't know anyone there......so, I am not the one to tell you about clubs.....Also, I wouldn't know anything about that.......I am probably the only dominican woman that can't dance and doesnt have rhythm......I have been to Jubilee...that is a great place......
I also live in Brooklyn (BKLYN Heights) and work in NYC, I know all the spots in Brooklyn, but one or two in the Heights. Don't want to hang out in some tough Tiguere spot like Mirage,hahaha.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Ricardo900 said:
I also live in Brooklyn (BKLYN Heights) and work in NYC, I know all the spots in Brooklyn, but one or two in the Heights. Don't want to hang out in some tough Tiguere spot like Mirage,hahaha.

You may like Umbrella on 202nd - it has less "perp" type clientel.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Chris_NJ said:
You may like Umbrella on 202nd - it has less "perp" type clientel.
Umbrella lounge sounds good, I hate to travel all the way uptown to get robbed, hahaha. Best nights are Friday or Saturday??

domenico

Jan 4, 2004
im 20 male and im living in new york, mother is dominican father is italian, would be cool to make some friends down there since my family is all here and its difficult to get down there without a coujple of cool friends to hang out with at night and have a good time, pick up nice looking chicks etc...

msn : domenicobari18@gmail.com let me know wats good

M

Mr.Mark

domenico said:
im 20 male and im living in new york, mother is dominican father is italian, would be cool to make some friends down there since my family is all here and its difficult to get down there without a coujple of cool friends to hang out with at night and have a good time, pick up nice looking chicks etc...

msn : domenicobari18@gmail.com let me know wats good

Bene Domenico. Se parli italiano sarebbe anche bello, cos? posso praticare quello che ho imparuto.
In case you don't speak Italian, that's fine also. Just a word or advice: I'm not a great nice looking chicks picker up (sadly)

M

Mr.Mark

domenico said:
jejejejje, si, parlo italiano, la prima lingua mia :D

Benissimo... dimmi qualcosa: Che fai di bello nella vita? Studi? Lavori?

gigibomb

May 31, 2005

Hi all!

I'm new on the board ;) . I'm 26, female. Originally from San Cristobal (left when i was 2) moved abroad and finally settled in the States (The Bronx) 17 years ago. I go to school and work in Manhattan.