Are there any youngsters in here aged 17 to 35?

M

Mr.Mark

Robert said:
Only in the past 18 years....

I think we should all then consider giving you an award for your longevous permanence in the Club.

M

Mr.Mark

This is getting good, Cory. Sure, I can teach what I know about life here -although I really can't orient you about living as a tourist here since I live as a normal citizen-. When you come to Santo Domingo PM me, ok?

Johy

Sep 15, 2003
www.worldisround.com
Marcus said:
I read the message boards almost daily, but rarely contribute. It would be nice to see someone organize a get-togehter in Santo Domingo like they do on the north coast. My time is limited because of my job, but I would be willing to help someone organize something if they want to take the lead. Just a thought.

Info on me: 35, single male living in Santo Domingo. I have been here for three plus years. I work in one of the free zones for an American company.

Definitely a get together will be great but I have a feeling that there are only a couple of us in Sto. Dgo.: MrMark, Robert, you, FarOut and me (anyone else in SD area?????)

M

Mr.Mark

amy2761 said:
haha! it's not the first time I've heard that!

Stay well,
Amy ;)

Now I want to see you, Amy. All these Escott's comments have made me curious about you.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Oh Jeez

Mr.Mark said:
Now I want to see you, Amy. All these Escott's comments have made me curious about you.

I really hate disappointing people ..... just don't expect anything too special when you do see me! ;)

Stay well,
Amy

May 31, 2005
I just joined DR!. I'm 21 but I do not live in DR. I do visit Santo Domingo once in a while. I was just there in April 2005 and am planning my next trip for October 2005.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Well well well

I've asked that question in the past but to no avail. Anyways, I'm 23 and I used to live in Sto Dgo, very familiar with the city. When I get back from Iraq I'll go to DR later on this year. My family and girlfriend await me. Maybe then, we can do somewhat of a get-together..........hey Dragonfly, are you going in the middle of the month???

FarOut

Jul 26, 2004
Let's meet next Saturday...

in the Zona Colonial. I would suggest to meet at the Venus Bar, there is a good BBQ every Saturday here and the drinks are affordable. After we can still make a Pup-Crawl, there are many good places around?

The BBQ cost RD$185,- per person and a small Presidente is RD$ 50,-. If you tell me who is coming I can make a reservation.

Also if anyone has a better idea I?m open for almost anything ;)

M

Mr.Mark

Let's keep this thread alive!

FarOut and I have made plans to get together next Saturday at Venus bar. Does anyone of you wants join us? Marcus, Johy, women?

gigibomb

May 31, 2005
I agree

Brazie said:
Hi,
<P> I'm 27, Dominican and I live in the Bronx...I will be in Santo Domingo in August, maybe we can hang out then, I'm all about making new friends.

<p> In the meantime, I could start making friends with those of us who r here in nyc, if you guys want to of course ;) .

<P> Yes, there r many dominicans in the Bronx.

We should plan a NYC get together. All in favor say .....something :D

I'll send you a PM, Brazie.

Johy

Sep 15, 2003
www.worldisround.com
Mr.Mark said:
Let's keep this thread alive!

FarOut and I have made plans to get together next Saturday at Venus bar. Does anyone of you wants join us? Marcus, Johy, women?

Count me in, but to get more responses you should post a new thread about the get together and all the details.

Just my 2 cents.

carcol

Mar 9, 2004
I'm in!

I'm in for meeting in NYC........also, I will be in Santo Domingo in December, so Johy, Mark and anyone else-maybe we can get together!

Nov 5, 2004
All you 17-35ers..come up to the North Coast!!!

Hey...all 17-35ers who live on the south coast..you guys should all take a trip up North to Rocky's on August 5th.

There are quite a few 20-26 age range DR1 girls from Canada who will be there, and we want to meet as many other DR1ers as possible.

(Plus Robert, who is a special member of the "17-35er club") ;)

We would all love it if any of you guys wanted to make a trip up to the North Coast to meet us.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40691

If you can make it add your name on this thread above, PM me...or just show up!

If you can't make it, :cry: I willl be down in Santiago and Santo Domingo within the next few months anyways. So I will have to keep in touch with some of you. PM me if you'd like to try an link up anyways.

Hasta pronto

Cuidate

magdalena21

Jun 7, 2005
hi mark,

i saw your thread and i thought that it is very nice to meet more people.
i am not living in dr right now, but i go there every 6 month to visit my parents. i am from puerto plata, i am 21 years old. when i was in dr i was studying in O&M. my major was Modern Language for about 2 years. I have proficient in english, french, italian and german. right now i am living in USA with my boyfriend and i am studying in university here.

it is very nice for me to here that there are young people like you interesting in having a good future.
ps continue working hard and studying is the same thing that i say to my brothers.

bye

Mr.Mark said:
Hi people,

I'm interested in meeting new people that are between the ages of 17 and 35 years. It's not an obligatory requirement for getting to know me, I'm just thinking that if we have close ages then we can share more things.

Here's a little bit about myself:
Dominican male, 21 years old, graduated with a Bachelors in Business Administration from Intec, proficient in 4 languages (Spanish, English, Italian, Portuguese) and have basic knowledge of German. I work as a Media Analyst at an advertising agency (but I don't think I will last long working here).

I live in Santo Domingo and I will really like to meet people who live here (in the capital city) so that we can hang out.

I'll be waiting for your replies,

Thanks

M

Mr.Mark

Well... thank you, Magdalena. What can I tell you about my professional future? Right now I'm mystified since I've been experiencing some downfalls while interviewing for good jobs and also having an underexpected -if that word exists- performance in my current job. So the thing is that I'm reevaluating my competencies to see if they really match those generally required for Business Management. In this light, I'm considering the study of Foreign Affairs, Languages... things that will connect me with the world in a more consistent basis.
What are you doing in the States besides living there? Are you at the Uni? I hope you come soon and hopefully we'll meet each other.

magdalena21 said:
hi mark,

i saw your thread and i thought that it is very nice to meet more people.
i am not living in dr right now, but i go there every 6 month to visit my parents. i am from puerto plata, i am 21 years old. when i was in dr i was studying in O&M. my major was Modern Language for about 2 years. I have proficient in english, french, italian and german. right now i am living in USA with my boyfriend and i am studying in university here.

it is very nice for me to here that there are young people like you interesting in having a good future.
ps continue working hard and studying is the same thing that i say to my brothers.

bye

Last edited: