Break-Ins at Casa Linda

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Just a head's up to any homeowners in Casa Linda that may not be aware,there have been 8 break-ins in Casa Linda in the past month. I've been told but can not verify that they all have the same MO,pry safes off of the walls and go,no other items stolen. How's the huge reduction in security officers up there paying off now?

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
Not the smartest move with all the expanding and selling they are doing in Encuentro. Why cheap out now?

Reactions: Independent Man

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
One would think that both Casa Linda and its residents would have security cameras installed everywhere and these criminals wouldn't be hard to catch. They should be in jail already.

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
I wonder if this is foreshadowing what to expect this fall. I remember when Encuentro used to have nightly break ins before all the development

arete92

Jul 5, 2018
When you buy a safety deposit box here don't tell anyone. When they make chit-chat with you at the counter say you live in the capital or colina de un culo - una chica linda asked when we were checking out ours about the urbanization bla bla and for the love of god put it in the vehicles not in the back of your pick-up every motococonch on this island will know where you live be friendly to security guards but keep your distance, inside jobs are common here with everything . Install yourself; I highly doubt there would be random break-ins they need to have some knowledge first otherwise your efforts can be wasted along with your life. The most dangerous weapon in this country is people's mouths - specifically Dominicans I kid you not the neighbor pays attention to how many shoes I have and what time I go to the gym. They have all the time in the world. Stop. Talking. Please. I'm on the paranoid side of things but I have never been robbed and have had zero bad things happen to me here and want to see everyone not have issues as well.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
When you buy a safety deposit box here don't tell anyone. When they make chit-chat with you at the counter say you live in the capital or colina de un culo - una chica linda asked when we were checking out ours about the urbanization bla bla and for the love of god put it in the vehicles not in the back of your pick-up every motococonch on this island will know where you live be friendly to security guards but keep your distance, inside jobs are common here with everything . Install yourself; I highly doubt there would be random break-ins they need to have some knowledge first otherwise your efforts can be wasted along with your life. The most dangerous weapon in this country is people's mouths - specifically Dominicans I kid you not the neighbor pays attention to how many shoes I have and what time I go to the gym. They have all the time in the world. Stop. Talking. Please. I'm on the paranoid side of things but I have never been robbed and have had zero bad things happen to me here and want to see everyone not have issues as well.
OMG, if I am the victim of a break in, they better not touch my Ferragamo or Christian Louboutin shoes!

Reactions: windeguy

arete92

Jul 5, 2018
OMG, if I am the victim of a break in, they better not touch my Ferragamo or Christian Louboutin shoes!
Just decoy them with the fake LV and Gucci ( Chucci ) and you should be fine, perhaps some blown speakers and they will probably forget there is a safe inside..

• Haha
Reactions: Big