Call center jobs,, what do they pay? (In Santiago)

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I trusted them fully, my life was in there hands most of the time. I also trusted their honesty. We had a great times even went to Cuba and travelled from Santiago to Havana first time any of then had flown, it was a priviledge to give them that experience

And here I would think you would choose a yola to travel.
You know, for the sake of environmental conservation, and not leaving a carbon footprint upon this Earth we share.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
And here I would think you would choose a yola to travel.
You know, for the sake of environmental conservation, and not leaving a carbon footprint upon this Earth we share.
Nah save that for the Peurto Rico route

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I can only imagine what this subject of "environmental " would look like on the old Off Topic forum. LOL

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
And how exactly could they steal from you in Environmental conservation? What goods and/or services did you provide? Would they pad their hours? add miles driven? which some probably did anyway.

The largest flow of money was on the purchase, running and maintenance of the trucks and the terrain meant they needed a lot of maintenance

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Simple - you can pay your emploees a decent living wage, or are you just here to exploit peoples desperation
50 posts ago somebody with knowledge of the industry gave some practical and helpful answers to an inquiring posting. Why are you picking fights ? Nobody here could ever change the reality on the ground

Reactions: jd426 and Caonabo

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
50 posts ago somebody with knowledge of the industry gave some practical and helpful answers to an inquiring posting. Why are you picking fights ? Nobody here could ever change the reality on the ground

LOL you can change the reality on the ground. History proves that to us

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It seems to me scot that you are basing all your ideas on what was a one time project. Not, on-going, day to day or for years. If I'm right that is not a standard or a barometer of what the real deal is. Yours is like someone walking into a bar and announcing "All the drinks are on me!" Make a lot of friends but can you substain it? No, the friends are gone. Am I right? For what length of time was this work performed HERE in the DR?

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
It seems to me scot that you are basing all your ideas on what was a one time project. Not, on-going, day to day or for years. If I'm right that is not a standard or a barometer of what the real deal is. Yours is like someone walking into a bar and announcing "All the drinks are on me!" Make a lot of friends but can you substain it? No, the friends are gone. Am I right? For what length of time was this work performed HERE in the DR?

You assume wrongly. 5 years the project ran for and still in touch with the friends I made. I come for 3/4 months every winter apart form this year

Reactions: johne

Castro156

Oct 9, 2011
NEW YORK
wow ok.... This post has been pretty entertaining to say the least. Thanks for all the info, feedback and even the fun remarks..

Love DR1!

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
and when may we ask will your New Call Center be opening ? ... So we may join in on the Ribbon Cutting Festivities , and see all the smiling faces of the Employees who you plan on paying a " far living wage". very much looking forward to seeing this new place .

Reactions: rfp and Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Call centers in Santiago pay between 125 - 150 pesos PER HOUR for bi-lingual agents.
Depends on the center, the campaign (sales, customer service, collections, ect.) and the
amount of call center experience the applicant has.
WOW !! I would rather be a moto driver in Sosua , they probably make the same and get bennies from the chicas

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
WOW !! I would rather be a moto driver in Sosua , they probably make the same and get bennies from the chicas
Moto drivers in Sosua make around 400 pesos a day after gas and maintenance if they're lucky.
The Call Center Industry in this country provides thousands of jobs to
those who are willing to work. Yes, when compared to jobs up north
they earn peanuts but we ain't up north. I don't know a single Dominican
owner/ operator who did not start out as an agent working the phones.
Some who stick with it open their own Centers and go on to earn thousands
of USD a week.... I've worked with a few of them.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Moto drivers in Sosua make around 400 pesos a day after gas and maintenance if they're lucky.
The Call Center Industry in this country provides thousands of jobs to
those who are willing to work. Yes, when compared to jobs up north
they earn peanuts but we ain't up north. I don't know a single Dominican
owner/ operator who did not start out as an agent working the phones.
Some who stick with it open their own Centers and go on to earn thousands
of USD a week.... I've worked with a few of them.
400 pesos a day, wow, no wonder they stalk me. I give them that much to take me a few blocks up to the next bar. I dont like to walk in Sosua, it gets my shoes dirty.

Reactions: CristoRey