canadian missionary shot 9 times in cabarete

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
head is kinda small and hard. personally, i would aim for the torso: bigger target and just one bullet can be deadly.

but in this case i think the attackers shot in his general direction rather than aimed at a specific point. unless they deliberately shot the knee, the guy refused to cooperate, they shot the hand, he still refused and so on. but then why bother with dialogue when you can kill first and then rob the body?

Shooting someone in the head depends on the distance. At close range he would not miss. I do agree that one bullet would be enough. Believe me, even when the head is small and hard, the
bullet will penetrate.

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
Shooting someone in the head depends on the distance. At close range he would not miss. I do agree that one bullet would be enough. Believe me, even when the head is small and hard, the
bullet will penetrate.

Many times people obtain all their firearms ?knowledge? from television and movies (No criticism of the quoted poster, there are several making same assumptions) Hitting an exact sport with a hand held firearm (I am assuming it was this?) is quite difficult for the trained professional and near impossible for the untrained and inexperienced shooter I once had a friend, a seasoned Police Officer who was involved in a chase of an armed man. Bother suddenly rounded the corner of a building and discharged their revolvers (It was a few years back) at one another until empty. At the range of approximately 6 feet, not only was no one hit but crime scene technicians couldn?t find most of the spent bullets
Could it have been one of the notoriously inaccurate weapons such as a MAC 10 or Pro Tec 9 that just spray lead? Maybe there was more in the article but I can not read Spanish :disappoin

You ?believe? a head shot would be sufficient? There was a popular story in the 80?s of a high ranking police official who decided to commit suicide at a major gala. He went upstairs and placed is ?back up? .25 Beretta in his ear and pulled the trigger. Apparently stunned and nothing else by the huge explosion in his ear he shot in exact same spot for second time. He then went downstairs and someone noted blood draining from his ear and took him to the hospital where they found the first shot had penetrated and was stopped by bone, the second was stopped when it hit the first piece of lead. This of course is using the notoriously underpowered .25 ACP round but who really knows? Truthfully your assertion that the bullet would penetrate the head is most often valid and I would not personally care to prove otherwise

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Many times people obtain all their firearms “knowledge” from television and movies (No criticism of the quoted poster, there are several making same assumptions) Hitting an exact sport with a hand held firearm (I am assuming it was this?) is quite difficult for the trained professional and near impossible for the untrained and inexperienced shooter I once had a friend, a seasoned Police Officer who was involved in a chase of an armed man. Bother suddenly rounded the corner of a building and discharged their revolvers (It was a few years back) at one another until empty. At the range of approximately 6 feet, not only was no one hit but crime scene technicians couldn’t find most of the spent bullets
Could it have been one of the notoriously inaccurate weapons such as a MAC 10 or Pro Tec 9 that just spray lead? Maybe there was more in the article but I can not read Spanish :disappoin

You “believe” a head shot would be sufficient? There was a popular story in the 80’s of a high ranking police official who decided to commit suicide at a major gala. He went upstairs and placed is “back up” .25 Beretta in his ear and pulled the trigger. Apparently stunned and nothing else by the huge explosion in his ear he shot in exact same spot for second time. He then went downstairs and someone noted blood draining from his ear and took him to the hospital where they found the first shot had penetrated and was stopped by bone, the second was stopped when it hit the first piece of lead. This of course is using the notoriously underpowered .25 ACP round but who really knows? Truthfully your assertion that the bullet would penetrate the head is most often valid and I would not personally care to prove otherwise

http://www.tactical-life.com/magazines/tactical-weapons/israeli-mossad-22-lrs/

Historical Firearms

JAMES BOND GUNS

Smaller caliber handguns are actually the weapon of choice for many whose job routines involve close-in wet work. Sound and flash suppression can be accomplished using as readily available objects as a dress glove or a baby bottle nipple, they are easier to conceal and as in the case of Bobby Kennedy there is often no exit wound and the slug ricochets around inside the victim's skull, maximizing soft tissue damage.

Your "seasoned police officer" emptying his clip at 6' and hitting nothing? I can assure you that is the exception and not the rule. At a range of 6' most peace officers can incapacitate a prepetrator by throwing their pistol at them. Your Guy must have been off duty, coming out of the bar at 3am.

The shooters in the OP story? Think about it. Knee, arm, chest, 9 nonlethal shots hitting their mark? That sounds like some pretty fancy shooting to me. Something a bookie or loan shark's button man would use as a final warning.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Israeli Mossad .22 LRS | Tactical Life

Historical Firearms

JAMES BOND GUNS

Smaller caliber handguns are actually the weapon of choice for many whose job routines involve close-in wet work. Sound and flash suppression can be accomplished using as readily available objects as a dress glove or a baby bottle nipple, they are easier to conceal and as in the case of Bobby Kennedy there is often no exit wound and the slug ricochets around inside the victim's skull, maximizing soft tissue damage.

Your "seasoned police officer" emptying his clip at 6' and hitting nothing? I can assure you that is the exception and not the rule. At a range of 6' most peace officers can incapacitate a prepetrator by throwing their pistol at them. Your Guy must have been off duty, coming out of the bar at 3am.

The shooters in the OP story? Think about it. Knee, arm, chest, 9 nonlethal shots hitting their mark? That sounds like some pretty fancy shooting to me. Something a bookie or loan shark's button man would use as a final warning.

He was or is a missionary, religion is business BIG business.
Maybe the local pastors didn't want gringo competition. ;)

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Maybe the guy whose apartment caught fire and was asking for money to go back is getting more proactive...

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
Israeli Mossad .22 LRS | Tactical Life

Historical Firearms

JAMES BOND GUNS

It was a 16 year Patrol Sgt who yearly shot Expert on his qualifications. There was no “clip” to empty as I stated “they each emptied their revolvers”

Panic, stress and the fear of having another weapon pointed at you can only appropriately be explained by someone who has had it happen to them. Most Police Officers in small towns (This was) go their entire careers without discharging their weapons

As far as being the “Exception rather than the rule” what are you talking about? Fact that two men face one another and shoot, or that they both miss entirely. Personally I know of no studies where two men, one a police Officer and the other an armed felon surprised one another at 6 feet and completely discharged their weapons. Very odd that both are such terrible shots, especially when one qualifies as one of his departments top marksmen each year As far as the other man being prepared, he obviously shot poorly also

There is no need to make childish remarks about a man who is serving and protecting his town

There is a very large difference in the destructive power and penetration of a 800fps .25 ACP and a 1500 plus fps .22

As for MOSSAD using a .22, in the method they employ it (Contact or near) a knife would perform the same function The “normal” weapon for field operatives is listed as the 9mm
The 9 non lethal shots hitting their mark could have been just that or the result of 30+ shots only hitting 9 times. I do not read or understand spanish so the only details I have are what I read in english, the man suffered 9 wounds On the face it would appear as you say, someone accurately and deliberately tortured the man at close range

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
It was a 16 year Patrol Sgt who yearly shot Expert on his qualifications. There was no ?clip? to empty as I stated ?they each emptied their revolvers?

Panic, stress and the fear of having another weapon pointed at you can only appropriately be explained by someone who has had it happen to them. Most Police Officers in small towns (This was) go their entire careers without discharging their weapons

As far as being the ?Exception rather than the rule? what are you talking about? Fact that two men face one another and shoot, or that they both miss entirely. Personally I know of no studies where two men, one a police Officer and the other an armed felon surprised one another at 6 feet and completely discharged their weapons. Very odd that both are such terrible shots, especially when one qualifies as one of his departments top marksmen each year As far as the other man being prepared, he obviously shot poorly also

There is no need to make childish remarks about a man who is serving and protecting his town

There is a very large difference in the destructive power and penetration of a 800fps .25 ACP and a 1500 plus fps .22

As for MOSSAD using a .22, in the method they employ it (Contact or near) a knife would perform the same function The ?normal? weapon for field operatives is listed as the 9mm
The 9 non lethal shots hitting their mark could have been just that or the result of 30+ shots only hitting 9 times. I do not read or understand spanish so the only details I have are what I read in english, the man suffered 9 wounds On the face it would appear as you say, someone accurately and deliberately tortured the man at close range

You are waay too sensitive today. I didn't make any "childish" remarks. I merely stated that it is almost impossible for a trained professional to miss a target at 6'. Who in the heck is he protecting if the mere sight of an armed criminal makes him forget all the hundreds of hours of training he's had and fly into a state of panic? He'd be a better service to his community bagging groceries or shovelling snow.

You cite "Panic, Stress, Fear" as excuses I say they are all trumped by TRAINING. Combat troops and law enforcement officers are trained waay past the point of procedure replacing instinct and that training continues throughout their entire career. Heck around Washington DC even the private contract security forces are trained well beyond the military police training which most of them start out their careers with. If you were talking about Barney Fife, you should have just said Barney Fife and not describe him like he was some super experienced law enforcement professional.

The problem with you knife theory is that it creates a bloody mess if you slash an artery and if you simply stab it may take dozens of stab wounds to kill a fully grown man. I had a cousin who got into a disagreement with a gang on the subway en route to Coney Island and he was stabbed 43 times and lived. He died a couple years later from unrelated heat stroke. Stabbing is not a very efficient killing technique unless you can keep the victim away from medical attention for a few hours and let them die from internal bleeding. A .25 ACP slug is a monster up against someone's temple.

I own a North American Arms .22 Magnum derringer that my hunting buddies howl at, referring to it as the "suicide pistol" and my last resort to turn on myself in case the dear attack me and my rifle is out of bullets. LOL. One day one of those buddies asked me to finish a buck that he'd downed with his 30-30 but didn't kill it so I stuck the .22 under its jaw hinge and capped twice. The laughing stopped.

HiThere

Jan 31, 2014
The weekly fleamarket ("la pulga") is going to take place tomorrow, saturday 1.feb. from 8 to 12 at Lester?s place ("Vecinos").

Friends of him are going to open at eight in the morning, trying to gather some money to pay the employees, buy dog?s food, etc., while it is still unclear how things are developping.

We are hoping for his recovery.
Karin and Franz

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Someone got shot or was it?

Students return early after home invasion in Dominican Republic

A humanitarian mission by two Francophone schools in Ste. Anne and St. Jean Baptiste has ended abruptly after a home invasion of the house in which they were staying in the Dominican Republic overnight.

Alain Laberge, superintendent of the Division Scolaire Franco-Manitobaine, said that none of the 26 students, staff, and parent chaperones was injured.

The trip to help a girls’ orphanage school in Puerto Plata began Thursday and was to run until Feb. 6, said Laberge, who said teachers contacted him within minutes of the incident. Laberge in turn contacted school board chair Bernard Lesage, and the decision was soon made to bring the students home early.

They will be back in Manitoba sometime this weekend

Students return early after home invasion in Dominican Republic - Winnipeg Free Press

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
Mack - according to the article in the Manitoba newspaper, the students were in the home where the shooting of the Canadian took place.
Okay got it. The link had me all confused showing a "file photo" from Aguas Negra in Puerto Plata.:confused:
Mack.