canadian missionary shot 9 times in cabarete

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
I'm still in the dark, so according to latest news it was not a MOSSAD "wet man" using a .22 at point blank range?

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
That is horrific. I had to stop it before 2 min., just too gruesome. I do hope he has received the blood he needed, and that he is on the road to recovery.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Very horrible situation indeed. Hopefully hoodie boy will show up at a clinica with Louisville Slugger imprinted on his skull....

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
Wow. That guy is a hero. Is there a fundraiser Paypal account for him or something?

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Whoa! Graphic indeed.
Wonder how long before someone came to help.
Just don't understand the lack of regard for human life from these savages.
What drives someone to be such a primitive savage?

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Very distressing to watch. I thought some of the young missionaries witnessed this, so I don't understand why the dog was the only one who came on the scene. I guess they cut the video when other people would be visible, at least I hope so. Poor man but what bravery.

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
A hero in my book.
I wish him a recovery back to full health.
And let's hope they catch these two.
Mack.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i agree, it was painful to watch. especially towards the end. i also thought other people witnessed this, canadian media were all about "tha man shot in front of the students". but for no one to come out to help? i understand the students would not and as a teacher i would also not allow this (liability issues and so on) but that no one at all came?

to all who asked, last time we've heard the man was in CMC in sosua. days ago he still needed blood:
http://dr1.com/forums/living/140727-blood-needed-0-sosua-cmc.html
i am also pretty sure i saw, somewhere, that there was a collection of some sort being made to cover his costs.

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
Is he still in CMC?? Is he still need blood?? It was hard to watch the video, my best wishes to him.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Tough old bird, looks as though he was ready to go after them with his bat when first shot

He got 2 nice whacks to the hoodie lookout, looked like a TKO to me. Almost got the other guy and had hoodie boys gun for a few seconds. Would have liked to watch that video with a different ending. I am sure this man will have a big hospital bill so a paypal fund would be a good idea.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
As of now, Les in out of intensive care but still in CMC , Cabarete Medical Centre at Km 2 on the N5 towards Cabarete.

All good news so far but still a long way to go!

There are threads on Facebook that are carrying much more information.

Olly and the Team

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"There But For The Grace Of God, Go "US"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was thinking about getting a "Baseball Bat" for personal protection, I KNOW now, I'll stick with my gun!
CC