Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Quite a few people I know and myself believe the reason a second wave did not occur in nyc this summer while numerous crowds were/are congregating (protests/parties,etc) is because of widespread immunity since so many were infected from Feb to May. Is it a long lasting immunity? Herd immunity? Time will tell.
There are pockets resurfacing.
Cuomotose, DeblASSio yes...I personally add Trumptard and company to the list of imbeciles.
At least a few virologists mentioned in the NY Times think that might be possible. If it is not possible, then why would anyone think a vaccine would help?

Reactions: chico bill

SCristo

So it goes
Aug 10, 2020
Bronx NY
At least a few virologists mentioned in the NY Times think that might be possible. If it is not possible, then why would anyone think a vaccine would help?
I hope it is. I really do. I'd like nothing better than to move on from this.
A vaccine presents another problem in that not everyone will agree to get it.
I'm not sure I'd trust a vaccine that could be questioned as being rushed.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
That's right, vaccines usually just introduce small amounts of the pathogens (active or inactive) so that are bodies slowly build antibodies (immunity).
However if the vaccine is not correctly made or dosed it can actually introduce a live infection as happened to the polio vaccine manufactured by Cutter Laboratories in 1955. There were 4 other labs that did not have the same issue. Many polio cases leading to some deaths were a result of taking Cutter's vaccine
Therefore it is not always wise to be the first to volunteer for vaccine.
Caveat Emptor

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If a vaccine works and enough people do get the vaccine, then herd immunity would work. Still a lot if "ifs" to get through on this path back to actual normal.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I hope it is. I really do. I'd like nothing better than to move on from this.
A vaccine presents another problem in that not everyone will agree to get it.
I'm not sure I'd trust a vaccine that could be questioned as being rushed.
Who exactly is suggesting vaccine is being"rushed"?
Everything is open to question these days.

Lot of people refused yearly flu vaccine because one year they got sick after the shot and blamed it on the vaccine.
Unless you have an egg allergy and vaccine was egg cultured its next to impossible to make you ill.

When the vaccine arrives those that refuse it will mean more for the rest of us who trust and want the innoculation.
I am in line already.

interim888

Oct 2, 2019

Lot of people refused yearly flu vaccine because one year they got sick after the shot and blamed it on the vaccine.
Unless you have an egg allergy and vaccine was egg cultured its next to impossible to make you ill.

When the vaccine arrives those that refuse it will mean more for the rest of us who trust and want the innoculation.
I am in line already.
Let's not forget about the people who are into conspiracy vaccination theories and it is a big mistake to think that this is just a small number of weirdos. It is not. And if, for example, you check the comment section of any Bill Gates health - covid 19 - medic related posts, you will see how huge is actually the number of brainwashed.

Reactions: Tarheel

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Let's not forget about the people who are into conspiracy vaccination theories and it is a big mistake to think that this is just a small number of weirdos. It is not. And if, for example, you check the comment section of any Bill Gates health - covid 19 - medic related posts, you will see how huge is actually the number of brainwashed.
perhaps sceptical is a better definition than brainwashed.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well I shun all vaccines because I have no idea what they might do.
My cousin contracted polio from a vaccine decades ago. So go ahead and get in line. I'm sure she wishes to this day (although I haven't talked to her for years) that her parents didn't take her to get here's at 6 years old.

Reactions: nanita

SCristo

So it goes
Aug 10, 2020
Bronx NY

I am in line already.
I think it's a rush, ok? Lol.

interim888

Oct 2, 2019
Frankly speaking I didn't know that some ppl don't see any difference between being cautious with regard to the possible side effects of the vaccines which didn't have enough time for a thorough trial and those who believe in something like " a secret billionaires circle wants us to be robots-slaves for them". Seriously? . I have nothing to add here except for that " I shun these people since I have no idea what they might do".

• Love
Reactions: Africaida

SCristo

So it goes
Aug 10, 2020
Bronx NY
every article I read talk about 'the race' for a vaccine............
When I say rushed I'm referring to what I've read and heard about a vaccine could be available by the end of the year. I don't know of any vaccine that was throughly tested in that short a time. Obviously I can be wrong.
I think everyone can decide for themselves. Some people will race to be first, some will be skeptical and wait, some will never agree to be vaccinated.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
When I say rushed I'm referring to what I've read and heard about a vaccine could be available by the end of the year. I don't know of any vaccine that was throughly tested in that short a time. Obviously I can be wrong.
I think everyone can decide for themselves. Some people will race to be first, some will be skeptical and wait, some will never agree to be vaccinated.
Put me in the no vaccine category because sometimes side effects take months.
What will pregnant women have to do ? Agree to be vaccinated or prevented from being admitted to a hospital?
What about the elderly or those with already compromised immune systems? Could a vaccine be fatal to them.
I volunteer Fauci and Bill Gates to be the first to get injected, not poor African guinea pigs

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Frankly speaking I didn't know that some ppl don't see any difference between being cautious with regard to the possible side effects of the vaccines which didn't have enough time for a thorough trial and those who believe in something like " a secret billionaires circle wants us to be robots-slaves for them". Seriously? . I have nothing to add here except for that " I shun these people since I have no idea what they might do".
Robot slaves? More like population control, sterilization stuff like that.

Reactions: Celt202

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No vaccine can be thoroughly tested in that time. This is all about mitigating overall risk. Is a vaccine being rushed? Yes, there is no doubt about that.
It takes years to properly evaluate a vaccine.

Reactions: JD Jones

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
So ? People who destroy 5G (they actually so dumwit that they destroy the weather towers cause they don't even know the difference) they don't exist?
I watched all recent BG interviews - originals, not the parts, incorrectly translated parts, phrases taken out of the context to make a huge load of BS. I don't beleive these conspiracies, sorry. I can't even discuss this staff, its like discuss the flat earth.
I don't know anything about 5G. The video I posted if from BILL GATES his youtube channel. He had the video made and then put it on his channel. He is a population control progressive, like Sanger. Here is another one, he even talks about digitally tracking vaccinated Africans, and new seeds, new vaccines and digital platforms. He clearly wants to reduce population growth in Africa. So the million dollar question is why give vaccines to Africans as they are supposed to keep people alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.