Current Taxi Rates from POP Airport

oakboy

Dec 20, 2010
Just wondering are Rocio and JJ still in buisness and are they still and really as good as the old posts make them sound ? If so can some one post an email for them . Are they in buisness together or are they separate taxi drivers . I'm looking for someone who can show me around for a few days and more . We will be based in Cabarete . Thanks

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Just wondering are Rocio and JJ still in buisness and are they still and really as good as the old posts make them sound ? If so can some one post an email for them . Are they in buisness together or are they separate taxi drivers . I'm looking for someone who can show me around for a few days and more . We will be based in Cabarete . Thanks
They are husband and wife and currently living in the US. You can PM JJ under his screen-name bachata. He probably has contacts in the DR that he can recommend.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Oakboy
Reliable English speaking Taxi, newer van, very good. Elias 809-842-5557. He can help you go anywhere.

oakboy

Dec 20, 2010
Thanks guys this should help. Would like to start using one taxi service only if possible.

Aug 31, 2011
From what I've read of the most recent visits to POP, the rates have gone up about ten dollars, at least to Playa Dorada. The last report was that they were charging $35.

From POP airport to:

Cabarete - US$30
Cabrera - US$110
Costambar - US$40
Sosua - US$20
Puerto Plata - US$30
Luperon - US$80
Playa Dorada - US$25
Rio San Juan - US$45

There are 2 huge signs put where they can be easily seen by people leaving the terminal after passing through Customs. Listed are all the places in the country a traveler arriving in Puerto Plata airport might want to go.

Can anyone update this list? I need a taxi from POP to Rio San Juan. I called Elias from the US and he quoted me $100 for 5 of us in a taxi. 11/3/2011

Aug 31, 2011
That's good to know. I believe that it was taxissousa that I called. They said they would hold up a sign with my name on it and our destination.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Can anyone update this list? I need a taxi from POP to Rio San Juan. I called Elias from the US and he quoted me $100 for 5 of us in a taxi. 11/3/2011

The price on the board yesterday was $90 for a cab. So Elias at $100 for a nice van that will hold you all comfortably is not a bad price.

Bob K

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
My last two trips, I walked up and said I have $20 to get to Sosua and they took it. The driver is usually cool so I end up adding a tip anyway.

Aug 31, 2011
Where do you "walk up to?"

I'm curious, where did you walk up to, and how do you know who has the vans available for a family of 5?

t410g

Nov 9, 2011
Transport from POP to Las Terrenas

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced, good, and comfortable taxi service from POP to Las Terrenas for two people? We will be arriving in POP on Sunday 11/27.

miggy99

May 4, 2011
Is it still $20 from POP Airport to Sosua?[/QU Yea 20-25 But if you want to be adventurous and travel light --the "MOTOCOACHOS" are at the top of the hill on the left by the entrance with the orange vests on for $5-6 bucs----I love it--sometimes even less--short ride-----miggy

Guch

Jun 17, 2006
Question on taxi by Elias

The price on the board yesterday was $90 for a cab. So Elias at $100 for a nice van that will hold you all comfortably is not a bad price.

Bob K

Does anyone know how many people Elias can accommodate in his van?
Thanks!