Demonic Males: Apes and the Origins of Human Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]mobrouser[/b] said:
1) suicide is an act of selfish cowardice.
Allow me to disagree. Being that the strongest instinct in any living creature is the instinct of survival I fail to see how going against one's very nature is cowardice. I think of it as an incredible act of desperation, the recognition that one's is beyond help, that life is unbearable.

Of course ours is just differing opinions. We'd need to walk a mile in those shoes, at least I haven't but that is the only rationalization for that act that I can come up with.

i believe that Tony C deserves an apology.
From that site: "for his mastery of the art of narrative, most recently demonstrated in The Old Man and the Sea, and for the influence that he has exerted on contemporary style"

I think not.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
"I can't live anymore!"
"I can't Live with this pain!"
"I can't Live without her!"
"Life sucks..I don't want to live!"

All are cases of somebody not wanting to deal with life.
Sounds like a coward to me!

There are rare instances of a person taking their own life for selfless acts. Most notably to save another person!

Pib,
You just can't admit when your wrong can't ya?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I am still scratching my head

about all this big talk by feminists on the subject of protecting women from getting killed by their husbands. It seems that as the number of dead women increases, they clamor for tougher laws and actions against the "predators".

Now can someone explain to me how do you stop a man who is ready to kill his wife and himself after the act, if not thru education or some other preventive intervention? Threatening with more laws and punishment is going to do zilch.

Yesterday a man was savage enough to kill his two month old son by striking him several times against a tree until his brains were severed from his skull. Another boy was saved miraculously. How could a person enraged like this with his ex-wife be stopped with talk of action, jail, electrocution, or any other punishment?

These guys have already taken capital punishment to the extreme. They apply it to themselves. I heard this guy hung himself.

I said before and I say it again. If Dominican women do not understand the psyche of some Dominican men, they will end up in a ditch no matter who intervenes.

TW

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
TW I agree with you (god have mercy of my soul) in that education is better than threats of punishment. Treatment is also part of the solution. In this particular case I've heard that the mand that killed the child had been arrested 14 times previously. That is a case for somebody who should have been either put away where he couldn't do any more harm or under treatment.

Tony:

I have admitted many times when I have been found in error. This is not the case.
"The Nobel Prize for Literature is awarded to an individual based on the body of their published work." From: http://www.powells.com/prizes/nobel.html

If I had suggested that you stuffed a certain male body part in your mouth to prevent you from talking, as somebody you and I know told me, I would definitely have to apologize to you. As it stands you are the last person on DR1 I would apologize to.

That's all I will say on the subject. Have a nice day.

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
Tony C...

E.H. a coward? WWI? Suicide? Okay, Tony C.

On the war front...how do you think he came up with material for
For Whom the Bells Toll ?

On his suicide...never mind, you don't get it. And be glad.

Jose?to

Last edited:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Pib said:
TW
Tony:

I have admitted many times when I have been found in error. This is not the case.
"The Nobel Prize for Literature is awarded to an individual based on the body of their published work." From: http://www.powells.com/prizes/nobel.html

If I had suggested that you stuffed a certain male body part in your mouth to prevent you from talking, as somebody you and I know told me, I would definitely have to apologize to you. As it stands you are the last person on DR1 I would apologize to.

That's all I will say on the subject. Have a nice day.

Pibby,

Don't be such a Chick! Get a sense of humor.

BTW I guess the "No Balls" Prize website isn't good enough for you!

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
There is no humor in violence against women even if it is over the internet. - See the violence, you won't see the humor.
It offends this chick's sensibilities...
mk

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
mkohn said:
There is no humor in violence against women even if it is over the internet. - See the violence, you won't see the humor.
It offends this chick's sensibilities...
mk

There is humor in everything! I'll prove my point.

What do you say to a woman with 2 black eyes?
Nothing! You already told her twice.

See? Funny Stuff. I despise violence against women but to deny humor because of its subject just shows intolerance!

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
Tony C., how come you didn't see the humor on that 'Jesus-slaps-Shrub-over-and-over-proving-that-Shrub-is-so-dumb-to-go-for-more' picture?

-Jose?to

Dec 9, 2002
If I had suggested that you stuffed a certain male body part in your mouth to prevent you from talking, as somebody you and I know told me, I would definitely have to apologize to you.
No fears there Pib - I very much doubt Tony's is anywhere near big enough to fill that big mouth of his :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
Cleef...

Thank you. The 26 sample pages are interesting enough to buy the book.

-Jose?to

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This once health thread is back on "Life Support"!

The "Two Black eyes" is something that brings out the worst in us.It is "BLACK' humor. Insensitive to half the human race on face value,and to most of the rest just for "Poor Taste"!

"Joseito" take it to "PM" or I'll take care of you!Last chance.You have nothing to say,except personal assaults.To anyone else,"If the shoe fits,wear it"!

Back on thread or it's gone!

Ladies,the Thread you are bring back to comment on was Deleted!

CC Modeator

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
jose?to said:
Tony C., how come you didn't see the humor on that 'Jesus-slaps-Shrub-over-and-over-proving-that-Shrub-is-so-dumb-to-go-for-more' picture?

-Jose?to

Why?
I was not offended at all by the photo. I just found it Stupid!

Why was it stupid?

First if you think that pres. Bush is dumb then you have much to learn.
2nd. If you know your bible you would know that Jesus believed in Violence to punish evildoers. Don't you remember the Money Lenders at the temple?

I enjoy a good laugh about the president as much as anybody but that pic was just plain dumb!

Remember that it is the Liberals that aways seem to get offended and outraged over political incorrectness!

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
Tony C...

Shrub...smart...OK, if you say so..

DR suicide?

Hmmm...I see another attempt at proving your Cuban superiority. If you have to prove yourself...

Tony, did you know that people with high IQs don't ever see those "Magic Eye" drawings? I know, I see 'em all the time.

-Jose?to
Haven't read the christian bible yet. Don't think I will.

Last edited:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
that is almost 3 out of every 1000 Dominicans. Of course that is not counting all of the Suicides that go unreported. between by forensics and family coverups i am sure the rate is much higher

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
kjdrga:

Just a few days ago the papers here reported that of the recorded suicides in the DR the overwhelming majority were males. I can't remember if they gave the reasons but I notice that when suicides are reported the usual reasons given are financial difficulties as well as depression or unrequited love.

BTW I think that is common to most places (males outnumbering females) and it raises some interesting questions don't you agree?

I'll see if I can find the report and post the details.

Chiri

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I by far am no professional in this area but one reason could be is women tend to express their emotions openly and in the public arena as opposed to males, whether is be happy or dissatified. Add machismo on top of it, and you end up with alcoholics, drug abusers, and corruption trying to overcome their problems.

I can remember various stories where we could sit around drinking cafecito and chat about how their husbands would once again bet the money left over from xyz or when you ask someone how they are and they come out with "ahhhh me duele la espalda, y ayer rompio mis chancletas y tengo un dolor de cabeza sobre un ojo"

Men on the other hand like to talk about their gallos, or the latest in baseball, or how fulano is screwing fulana, but rarely unless their 85 would they start talking about their aches and pains...or problems in their household.

Status
Not open for further replies.