Dominican official warns again, regularize or you will leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I don't think 90 days is the issue... you're a visitor

but really, can't you make it $40? or $35

at least up it to US...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And I hope that they don't expect anything fancy to eat on their way back home (on the plane). It will just probably be a sandwich, fruit and a bottle of water.

No three course meals.

Unless you travel first or business class, what airline food were you talking about?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Surely you jest? This plan is not something that was thought of at the spur of the moment. It had been in the making for years and they were aware of the issue and have come up with a solution. You don't seriously believe that this is only for Haitians do you? If so, you will see that it's not.

It can't be just for Haitians or Hillary Clinton would get upset.

Of course most Haitians will not be able to afford to "regularize".

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Unless you travel first or business class, what airline food were you talking about?

Windey, it was just a joke. In other words, do not expect anything extravagant just because the airfare may be provided.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
And how would they find them to force them to "regularize" ?

thats what my friend said in his application for a Maryland DL..... they questioned him

he had an outstanding speeding ticket from Maine - on his way home to Canada form college .... so what , I'll never be back?

so, now president of Clubhouse Foods in Baltimore he needs to drive

they pull that up - in 1990 or so............. from 1965.

they could have refused him..... they had him

so, how will they find you?
you'll be the first to know........... try leaving the country

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
touche , Spicey..... already posted here about those who can'y buy a ticket home

worthy residents !!!
form a line outside............. bank statements in hand

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Right, $1600 worth of govt fees to do so plus a lawyer and that is for the retiree visa which requires an income of $1500.00 monthly. 8 years ago when I started that process in Panama it was $500.00 monthly income, but before the lawyer and I got the paperwork in it jumped to $1000, so I cancelled it.

It will be up to the person whether they can afford to come up with the money or leave. Your choice.

Then the person should not be in the country.

I did not make the rules. I am just repeating what has been said and will be done.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
in a restaurant--- dish washing helps

the gov't will find a way for you to work it off, Fishy..... AMET job or something

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I wondered if anyone in the government has realized there are many longtime expats who have no current passport and no fundsto buy a ticket if they are deported. Pretty certain the airlines will not pick up the tab. Hmmm?

this one FishMan

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If they are citizens of that country they have to accept them. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

That's not exactly the case. A citizen of a particular country, on voluntary travel, wishing to reenter their own country, cannot be denied entry.

Being officially deported from another country and returned home is governed by international convention. The steps usually involve notifying the destination country of who is being deported, why and when they will be returning. Many countries routinely deport and accept deportees without much fuss, if the deportation is not of a criminal nature. For other countries, Somalia, Miramar, most of the middle east, China, Russia etc. it is not usually a straight forward nor expedient affair.

Quickie deportations between amicable countries usually have a legal framework in place to facilitate the process. Generally, you can't drop kick someone out of one country to have them show up announced in another country, even if they are citizens of that country. Govt's always want to know who's coming and why...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Right, $1600 worth of govt fees to do so plus a lawyer and that is for the retiree visa which requires an income of $1500.00 monthly. 8 years ago when I started that process in Panama it was $500.00 monthly income, but before the lawyer and I got the paperwork in it jumped to $1000, so I cancelled it.

this is where you started -- bagging it at $1,000. for retriree visa

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I wondered if anyone in the government has realized there are many longtime expats who have no current passport and no fundsto buy a ticket if they are deported. Pretty certain the airlines will not pick up the tab. Hmmm?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but that sounds like a personal problem. What the hell are they doing here without making sure they have a valid passport. Surely they are living off some kind of income.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Bob,
I know several elderly North Coast residents who have no valid passport and live on meager funds and would have no means to exit quickly. Sad but true.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
many Haitians are in the same boat........

sad but true

maybe there'll be a refugee status... on compassionate grounds

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
So, it appears as long as you are coming and going throughout the year....nothing is changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.