Dominican official warns again, regularize or you will leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
That's not exactly the case. A citizen of a particular country, on voluntary travel, wishing to reenter their own country, cannot be denied entry.

Being officially deported from another country and returned home is governed by international convention. The steps usually involve notifying the destination country of who is being deported, why and when they will be returning. Many countries routinely deport and accept deportees without much fuss, if the deportation is not of a criminal nature. For other countries, Somalia, Miramar, most of the middle east, China, Russia etc. it is not usually a straight forward nor expedient affair.

Quickie deportations between amicable countries usually have a legal framework in place to facilitate the process. Generally, you can't drop kick someone out of one country to have them show up announced in another country, even if they are citizens of that country. Govt's always want to know who's coming and why...

Of course they have to notify the officials of said country of the deportees. I am not saying that they
are just going to drop kick them. Countries accept deportees(citizens) of criminal nature too.

The US deports criminals (Hispanics and other nationalities) on a monthly basis back to their
countries of origin. In the same way that the DR has and does deport criminals who've been hiding in the country back to their country.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Surely you jest? This plan is not something that was thought of at the spur of the moment. It had been in the making for years and they were aware of the issue and have come up with a solution. You don't seriously believe that this is only for Haitians do you? If so, you will see that it's not.

You are correct. A friend of mine who is a lawyer for the Govt in Santo Domingo, has told me that they will make an example out of expats as to not seem they are targeting Haitians. Expats will be the first to feel the wrath of the new law.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Who is it that will pick up these Gringo illegals? Will it be the police? This is without the usual payoffs and corruption...yeah, this is going to be great. It's like the are giving them a licence to blackmail.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
airline, air fare???????? This is aimed at Haitians. They will be sent back via trucks and dumped at the border. No airline needed. Expats and criminals with money have nothing to worry about, as usual.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Then the law will have no teeth.

They cannot force you to regularize. If a person wants to stay in the country then they will
abide by the rules and regulations. If not, then the person will do like most are doing right
now, making excuses about how it cannot possibly be accomplished and are simply not
going to do anything about it(when the time comes) because they are in denial or disbelief.

Then when they see for themselves their mistakes, it will be too late. The process must be
started as soon as it is announced in June because it does take time. This is something that
should not be left for the last moment.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I can see it now, immigration set up at Playero, Rocky's, Check Point and Spanky's, checking passports of all gringos.

[video=youtube;ZQpTNuLiA8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQpTNuLiA8k[/video]

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Ofcourse they will enforce this new law. Just like they are enforcing the place and revista of vehicles, motorcycles without helmets, noise polluters, traffic fines, the me Yeepetas rule for government officials, etc., etc.

This law has only one objective and it's not kicking out pensionados.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Do you guys really think the govt of the DR is going to deport every illegal alien in the country? Aside from the fact they cant afford it they could never pull off a complex operation involving several different agencies with international relations involved. LOLOLOLOLOL

This law is being written so there will not be public outcry when they are deporting Hatians en masse. Theoretically it applies to all but reality is always alot different from theory.

Lets be serious here. the cops come for you and you give a couple of hundred pesos and youre free. If you are a poor Hatian you are deported. If you are a junky crackhead from NY you will be deported. If you are under the radar you will be safe. If you have a connection you are safe. If you are someones maid you are safe.
Unfortunately if your boss doesnt want to pay you the thousand pesos he promised the police may come for five hundred. It is taking away what little safety the Hatians have been afforded since the earthquake
They will lighten up when the Doms start having to wash thier own floors and the sugar cane is ready for harvest

Or I could be wrong.

Bronzie you were sounding like Pichardo.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They cannot force you to regularize. If a person wants to stay in the country then they will
abide by the rules and regulations. If not, then the person will do like most are doing right
now, making excuses about how it cannot possibly be accomplished and are simply not
going to do anything about it(when the time comes) because they are in denial or disbelief.

Then when they see for themselves their mistakes, it will be too late. The process must be
started as soon as it is announced in June because it does take time. This is something that
should not be left for the last moment.

Then we just have different definitions of "force". To be clear, if one does not become a legal resident or a citizen, then they will deport you. To me that is "force".

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Okay everybody, listen to Johnnyboy and in June do absolutely nothing.:classic:

Yes, I have noticed that when some people do not want to hear something they
always say that person sounds like Picardo.

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My Temporary ( RT-1) doesn't expire until 15 November so I will be contacting them to see if I require the new one or can wait until November.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Then we just have different definitions of "force". To be clear, if one does not become a legal resident or a citizen, then they will deport you. To me that is "force".

Well, when someone is residing illegally in a country they have every right to expell that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.