E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Is there a time requirement to fill it out....i.e....must be filled out no sooner than 48 hours before the flight? I usually have flights booked well in advance of departure.

Two lines, one from a movie and another from a commercial, come to mind here

E-ticket. We don't need no stinking e-ticket.

Crow {Beef}........Its whats for dinner.

Carry on.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
I did my arrival E-ticket 3 weeks before entering. My departure E-ticket was done the day b 4 I left due to date changes because of the original flight being cancelled. As I said earlier in this thread, the change of date for departure was uploaded in the immigration system that I saw at the counter.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I do my online boarding pass and e-ticket pretty well together

I do the e-ticket..... and wait for the boarding pass

No point in RD - kiosk check-in is a must.... no if's , and's or but's

Reactions: Riva_31

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If you think about it --

OLD SYSTEM
check-in --- go fill out forms --- pass thru Migracion

NEW SYSTEM
fill out form electronically - check-in - pass thru Migracion

Only the sequence s different... same game - same results
But you get thru faster - no form writing ... !!!

Hard to argue with...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If I read it right... POP had some problems
I find that surprising given the number of resident foreigners ....

But , then again, perhaps they have less respect for the rules...

Seems to be rolling out as smoothly as it can...
Have to expect some hiccups....

100 people missed out of 15,000...... not bad, good in fact

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Indeed, news spread it very fast so people leaving later got their e-ticket. That means there is not go back to papers, who didnt believe it now is forced to fill it.
It looks like we don't have to worry about the predicted collapse in tourism over the E-Ticket.

Reactions: Riva_31

HarpB

Aug 31, 2012
Well I believe mentioned earlier if you arrive 2 hours in advance and have an issue. No internet or phone you could easily fix the problem at POP airport. The guys at the cigar shop would lend a phone for small fee. The take a photo of the code and return. It will be in the migration system. Problem solved.

I would guess most of the 100 who missed at POP were a little older and for sure have not seen DR1. Or language barriers not English or Spanish speaking.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Not exactly sure that 100 people missing their flights is a big win for anybody. It does open up a business plan for a company to take care of the paperwork for international passengers who struggle with the technology. Not sure how many people are aware of it, but there is a company who charges passengers a modest fee to book their return flight from a country who makes tourists prove they have a return ticket. After the passenger arrives, the company cancels the return ticket for the traveler.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Why does anyone here even care if 100 people missed flights? The number of people missing their flights over the E-Ticket will be steadily dropping.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Being a math guy and a sceptic, numbers are very important to me. Any idea if the 100 were departures and arrivals together or 100 each way? The number 100 is in itself not believable, but to some here, it would be a drop in the bucket even if the number were 1000. After all, it's not like computer and cellphone literate people will have trouble flying now and into the future. Somebody else's problem if they don't understand QR codes and PDF files or for that matter, even own an active cell phone.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The article quotes Aerodom, so those would have to be the number of passengers that missed flights boarding here in the DR. Also, PUJ was not included in the list of airports in the article.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Boarded in Canada this morning and was asked to show the E ticket. They called me to the gate and asked me if I had it. They didn’t know what it said, but they were happy when I showed them my screen shot of the QR code.