Eats Sosua and Cabarete - good news bad news.....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I tip sporadically

I find that if you tip regularly - they take you for granted
Tipping irregularly keeps them 'On Their Toes'
Waitresses everywhere have confirmed this.... many countries

Another thing that ticks me is tipping on the amount of the bill rather than the service rendered.

Many moons ago - as a single- I ate out a lot and developed this theory.

In those days my numbers were-
$5 for dinner for 2
$10 for 4

The girls were confused.... and they had the manger query me (I was a regular customer)

Once explained - they got it.

Why a bigger tip lobster than a hot dog/hamburger ???

Think about it -
$30 wine vs $60 ?? same game....a bottle is a bottle , a plate is a plate
Distance to/from the kitchen is the same

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The Cucu bar on Pedro Clisante is bad for that, they tack on extra items on your bar bill oping you are Boracho enough to just pay and walk out.

Make them work for their money. Pay each drink separately. Easy Peasy.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I used to go to a Provocon near my work almost on a daily basis.
We like the Provocon chicken places. Their wasakaka sauce is outstanding! We often stop at the one at the outskirts of Puerto Plata when we pick up guests at POP. It's their first taste of Dominican food and plays well.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Make them work for their money. Pay each drink separately. Easy Peasy.
We instruct our guests to never run a tad it a bar, even in good resorts, because of the shenanigans these math geniuses will play.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
We like the Provocon chicken places. Their wasakaka sauce is outstanding! We often stop at the one at the outskirts of Puerto Plata when we pick up guests at POP. It's their first taste of Dominican food and plays well.

Where is their location in or near Puerto Plata... !?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

The one near my work not only has chicken, but they have a steam table full of a great selection of food.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
To far away from OP for my taste..... (Eats Sosua and Cabarete - good news bad news.....) :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Resurrecting an older thread. The guy who owns Rockys Agua is still having legal issues:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Resurrecting an older thread. The guy who owns Rockys Agua is still having legal issues:

And Rocky's Aqua is literally falling apart. Anyway it was horribly bad decision to put that "aqua" plastic material for the roof.
How many more years before that gets resolved in the courts?