French citizen kills robber

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I agree with you Anastacio. I am trained to kill and requalify every year with handgun, SMG, and rifle. I can hit what I point at. I will not have a gun in my house, as they are designed for one thing only - to kill. Not my bag of tea.

todobien

Jul 20, 2008
i have a concealed permit here in florida. i don't carry all the time, but when i do, i feel safer. i go by the motto of "i would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it." by the way, my grandmother was born in france... woo-hoo score one for frenchie!!!

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Dealing drugs and theft now deserve the death penalty?
(?)people like you are not smart enough(?)
It does not take a smart person to understand that nobody in this thread said that...

donP

I?m no fool, but as I see it that?s clearly what was said in post #16.

My guess is the Frenchman's gun was probably legal and of high quality.

The link in post #1 says he had a 9mm with the numbers filed off. Unless, they were calling the perp the victim. It also said that he had a revolver, so I guess you really can?t draw any conclusions from the article.

I?ve read elsewhere in this forum that if it takes you more than three shots to kill someone in self defense in LRD they automatically charge you with murder. Does anybody know if that?s true.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Oh Pedro puleees! With your namby-pamby-tree-hugging let's get nailed to a tree for our sins kind of crap!

The robber's gun jammed therefore he must have pulled the trigger. When you pull the trigger things called bullets leave the barrel of a gun really fast and they ruin your day if that barrel was pointed at you. The quick thinking Frenchman was able to get out his gun and fire back before the robber was able to un-jam his gun and have another go.

Mind you, by the sounds of it, you would have let him have the other cheek!

The robber is dead and you're preaching virtues of civilisation! You're an idiot!

Whhoooa there Bubba - who you calling stupid?
You should learn to read.
More power to the French guy - I was commenting on this cowboy macho attitude that all thieves are better off dead for our benefit.
That is what I disagree with.

As I say - if the French guy was being shot at then good on him for shooting the dude first - the right person died.

Again for the less sharp witted - stop being what cowboys refer to as 'all hat and no cattle'.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I think the Guy was extremely good at what he does, keeping his cool in that situation, enough to not blast a hole in his own leg is quite something. I remember when we got robbed at Xmas, a gun in my face and waved between my daughter in the pram and my lass, phwoa, the last thing on my mind was I wish I had a gun, if I had he would without a doubt shot me.
I think these guys are brilliant who can train to be so cool under such pressure. In the same breath, I think the reason so many are gunned down is because they are carrying a gun themselves. No chance if a guy has a gun at your head, you are going to draw yours before he pulls that trigger, hence carrying guns is more dangerous then not. Just hand it over and worry about it later.
I disagree with all the cowboys here who profess to have dawn and gunned down people in such situations, I just think they are lying. Having been in that position and seeing the options, the only way would be to hand it over and then shoot them in the back once they turn. If they shake you down also, as they did me, you are fkuched!!!
I'd happily buy the Frenchman a beer, just so I could tell him how lucky he was that gun failed, as this would have been a different story and everyone on DR1 would be running around weeing themselves screaming we are all doomed, we are all gunna die!!!!!!!!

What he says = all these cowboys are gonna get someone (probably themselves) blown to bits.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I agree with you Anastacio. I am trained to kill and requalify every year with handgun, SMG, and rifle. I can hit what I point at. I will not have a gun in my house, as they are designed for one thing only - to kill. Not my bag of tea.

Good sound logic.

Pete2011

Sep 2, 2011
How do you set the law on Corrupt lawyers, thieves and crooks in The Dominican Republic?
qinp1.jpg

qinp2.jpg

qinp3.jpg

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
That frenchie had angels protecting him, good he was able to turn the table on this scumbag.

I rather see in the news headline "French tourist kills robber", any time instead of robber kills a french visitor.

If I was the president I would give that guy an award for helping the country get rid of that trash.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Five Shots from Legal Gun

That frenchie had angels protecting him...
One told the Frenchman to throw the money on the ground. :bunny:
The other angel said to the criminal 'go and collect the money'. :pirate:
The next angel whispered to the French guy 'now kill the bastard'. :cool:
Angel Supervisor concluded 'well done'. :devious:

(...) I would give that guy an award for helping the country get rid of that trash.
Let's see of what the DA accuses the Las Terrenas resident.
Murder of an innocent 'joven'?

Someter?n franc?s mat? alegado atracador - ElNacional.com.do

donP

Last edited:

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
One told the Frenchman to throw the money on the ground. :bunny:
The other angel said to the criminal 'go and collect the money'. :pirate:
The next angel whispered to the French guy 'now kill the bastard'. :cool:
Angel Supervisor concluded 'well done'. :devious:

Let's see of what the DA accuses the Las Terrenas resident.
Murder of an innocent 'joven'?

Someter?n franc?s mat? alegado atracador - ElNacional.com.do

donP
`
I wonder what the accusation is, self defense?

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Petro

Pedro,

I admire your superiority. When it comes to people with a true higher consciousness level and pure brain power your in the top 2% at least. Don't be shy. Be brutally honest cause we need your wisdom and we don't want to be ignorant. Thank you so very much.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Pedro,

I admire your superiority. When it comes to people with a true higher consciousness level and pure brain power your in the top 2% at least. Don't be shy. Be brutally honest cause we need your wisdom and we don't want to be ignorant. Thank you so very much.

Bless you my son....

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
I think he is better off detained until he can organize his own safety or go back to France

You really think his two tiguere, barrio-rat buddies who got away want anything more to do with French Rambo or the Police?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Mauricio got up a few minutes before i did this morning:
"Ag?ero (the name of the piece of sh!t that was killed) killed an officer and a sergeant in 2010"

Except for the (...) that is what the headlines say.

The body of the story, for those of you who are Spanish-challenged:
The Police identified Marcos Antonio Gutierrez Ag?ero ( Marquito), who was wanted for having assassinated the Police Second Lieutenant Victor Manuel Mieses Lorenzo, when he tried to stop an assault on the (sports betting parlor) Olimpia IV on Kilometer 22 of the Duarte Highway and the sergeant Jaison Angom?s P?rez from the same institution in a crime that occurred at the entrance to Los Alcarrizos.

Gutierrez was killed when he attempted to assault the French citizen Thierre Andr? who just moments before had withdrawn the amount of RD$380,000 and US$3,000 from a bank.
Gutierrez Ag?ero, at the time of committing the assault, was accompanied by three other men and a woman who drove the vehicle in which the gang moved about.

Nonetheless, the Police reported that these persons have been identified and a large police team is after them.

Gutierrez Ag?ero had a rap sheet with several annotations.

Thierre for President!! Thierre for Chief of Police!! Thierre for the Nation's Highest Awards!! Name the capital after him!!

Arraign him my axx!! The dude really did this country and at least two grieving families a HUGE favor...

HB with a mile-wide grin this A.M.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Does anyone know HOW Gutierrez et al knew he had just withdrawn that much money from the bank?

Kind of makes me wonder if someone in the bank made a call.....

AE

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Cu?date Monsieur!

These criminals worked on a tip-off as the Frenchman felt he was being followed (before he withdrew the money).
This could even have come from his immediate surroundings (as so often) and/or as far as Las Terrenas.

donP

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
At the beginning of this thread, there were some very pertinent questions asked:
Who tipped off the assault team that the man was carrying a lot of money?
1) Someone in the bank? Kind of hard to see just how that would work, but it is doable, of course.
2) He told someone that he would be going to the bank for the money and that someone told someone else maybe innocently/maybe not.
3) Someone overheard the conversation and sent the hit team to watch out for the guy..

There are a lot more questions than answers.
The Police ballistics lab here is pretty good. They will examine the weapons...find out what happened.
Note: the only way for a weapon to jam is to fire it! Therefore, there was already an attempted murder so whatever happened next was perfectly legal...
IMO

HB

Always loved the story of the guy stopped one day by the State Police (Smokey Bears) and as a normal procedure the patrolman asks: Sir do you have any weapons in your possession or in your vehicle?
The guy answers: Yessir, Officer. I have a Glock 9mm, here in my shoulder rig, there is a S&W .357 magnum in the glovebox, over the rear window of this pickup there is a Ruger .270 Deer Rifle and in a pocket in the back of the seat there is a Ruger .50 cal revolver. Here are the permits for these weapons.

The Policeman looks at the armory with awe and asks: Sir, what are you so afraid of?

And the Good Ol' Boy looks the officer in the eye and says: "not a fuc*ing thing son."

This is post#32 of this thread. These are questions that were posted at the very beginning by some observant readers..Nobody can come up with any answers, yet.

The National Police, when they want to find out stuff, are pretty efficient. I am sure a lot of people will be looked at on this one.
Public Opinion is massively behind the Frenchman....(better publicity than the scumbag from the IMF)....

Last edited: