Getting rid of the live in maid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What do you people Iron? I think I have ironed 1 thing while living here!

Is this business stuff or what?

I hire a woman about one every month/ 6 weeks. She irons all my short sleeve shirts, some long sleeve shirts ( for special occasions) and my dress pants, chinos...etc. I pay her 500 pesos and it takes her about 4 hours. I prefer to have neat clothing while working at the school and I also prefer to fit in, rather than looking like I don't care about my appearance. If I run short I will iron them myself. I ironed my military uniforms for many years- it isn't rocket science.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Most people can do things for themselves ...but why not give Dominicans a job and pay them a decent wage .that to Harleyrock may be attitude ,,,to me is only the decent thing to do

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Over Paying" is not a blessing, it's a curse!!!!!
Your help thinks you are a "Pendejo" and think they can steal MORE, because you have so much and won't miss it!
So do the rest of us who read your smug postings!

It IS YOUR MONEY, so we don't really care, but no "Brownie Points" from the rest of us who live in the "Real DR"!!!!!!

20 years ago, I used to give "Left Overs/Extras, and Cheap Stuff" to the help.
NO MAS!!!!
They think that means they can help themselves after that!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Most people can do things for themselves ...but why not give Dominicans a job and pay them a decent wage .that to Harleyrock may be attitude ,,,to me is only the decent thing to do

Why would I live to make others happy? I don't like people in my house, I like being naked and I like my wife being naked!!

I also don't have to go on and on to others about what I do for my workers, my barrio or the community to make myself feel better.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we would not mind to have your wife naked round the house either :laugh:

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
cris Colon so you think that 10 or 12 000 pesos a month or about US $250 a month is too much ?? We are different people, I can see so , although you and Harleys rock do not like my attitude , I am also not impressed with either that of yours or Harleyrocks.. but I doubt if we will ever meet , so that is that

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
I cannot believe what I have been reading in this thread..paying 400o to 6000 pesos a month to a maid , worrying about a few hours and not ironing clothes and not having someone live in at night is this the life of gringos in the north??
I have a maid who cleans my home in zona colonial and washes and irons my clothes that are all cotton or linen and I pay her 12,000 pesos with all the legal add ons. I also have a gardener who keeps the small garden and the windows clean and does small repairs and I pay him 12000 mensual with more add ons and I have a cook for my lunch and dinner who receives a little less. . When I have people in for dinner , my gardener is my camarero for just propinas. My arrangements at night are easy . I have an alarm that is close to my bed and connects to two neighbours. All are Dominicans .If I am ill one of my staff or one of their family will stay the night. All this comes to less than just less than US $1000 per month .. AS I am now getting old I envisage soon that I will need a driver part time or a good hire car at my disposal ... The entire joy of living here is in giving people employment and having them look after you .

You new here? I think we went through this before.

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
Why would I live to make others happy? I don't like people in my house, I like being naked and I like my wife being naked!!

I also don't have to go on and on to others about what I do for my workers, my barrio or the community to make myself feel better.

Have to agree with Harleysrock on this, I like his wife naked too ;)

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Paying a decent wage in my mind is the correct way to go. Paying more it would seem I was flaunting my "wealth" which in the end can be dangerous. I have come to learn that more you give the more they want / take. Plus my trust level is just not there to totally depend on neighbors, workers, etc...to do the right thing if I am in an "emergency situation". But to each his own...

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
i cannot believe what i have been reading in this thread..paying 400o to 6000 pesos a month to a maid , worrying about a few hours and not ironing clothes and not having someone live in at night is this the life of gringos in the north??
I have a maid who cleans my home in zona colonial and washes and irons my clothes that are all cotton or linen and i pay her 12,000 pesos with all the legal add ons. I also have a gardener who keeps the small garden and the windows clean and does small repairs and i pay him 12000 mensual with more add ons and i have a cook for my lunch and dinner who receives a little less. . When i have people in for dinner , my gardener is my camarero for just propinas. My arrangements at night are easy . i have an alarm that is close to my bed and connects to two neighbours. all are dominicans .if i am ill one of my staff or one of their family will stay the night. All this comes to less than just less than us $1000 per month .. As i am now getting old i envisage soon that i will need a driver part time or a good hire car at my disposal ... The entire joy of living here is in giving people employment and having them look after you .

wtf??

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
Compared to ME he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All this talk of "HR's" wife naked made me think about something!!!
Back in 15!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

15!!! Stop bragging. Or maybe you're insulting his wife. I just took a 10 second break.

Status
Not open for further replies.