Getting rid of the live in maid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Reason for alarm in my bedroom

If you really want your house robbed,...tell your neighbors you';; be out of town for a week!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"No Fui YO"!!!!!!!!!!!

These safety devices are very common and as I am in advanced years and have a serious health issue , I can get help very quickly. My neighbours in Zona Colonial are delightfully kind people, also of advanced years and would do anything to help me as I would for them.
I really think that the situation on the northern side of the island must be very different to where I am ..I feel sorry for you that you can not trust your neighbours . Are you representative of foreigners living there ??

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I assume that rollout has no knowledge of saftey devices that emit an emergency sound to a hospital , security centre or neighbour or relation..

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
These safety devices are very common and as I am in advanced years and have a serious health issue , I can get help very quickly. My neighbours in Zona Colonial are delightfully kind people, also of advanced years and would do anything to help me as I would for them.
I really think that the situation on the northern side of the island must be very different to where I am ..I feel sorry for you that you can not trust your neighbours . Are you representative of foreigners living there ??

Great point!!! The Dominicans in Santo Domingo are much friendlier and are truly your fren, unlike the other parts. You have your hand on the pulse of the nation. Although the crime goes way up and the north becomes much more dangerous come holiday season when all the people from Santo Domingo visit, but those must be exceptions that prove the rule.
As an experiment to prove how wrong these fools are, like CC and HarleysRock, why don't you tell all your friends that you are tight on money for the next couple of months, and have to suspend any jobs for that period. Even let them know you will make up for it in a few months. I'm sure your friends will help you out and stand by you because they are just such kind people.

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
Kip, Tell me you didn't mean to like my previous post. You're in even more trouble then I originally thought. You have Dominicanized yourself completely as Dominicans have no comprehension of sarcasm.

My g'ma in Canada had the same kinda thing. If something happened to us, I would run to the Doms in the Barrio not go to the gringos next to us. I think you are taking things a bit too seriously on dr1. Remember most gringos on the Nc are in gated communities so it is different to the Capital.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Why would i be bothered with sarcasm

Kip, Tell me you didn't mean to like my previous post. You're in even more trouble then I originally thought. You have Dominicanized yourself completely as Dominicans have no comprehension of sarcasm.
I hope that I have never been sarcastic to any one...it is a most unworthy method of speaking or writing . If the Dominicans likewise do not engage in this witless wordage, then full marks to them.. I speak spanish 90% of the time and their language is full of delightful slang rather than hurtful sarcasm ..so I hope I will never recognise it ..or would ignore it . Sorry to lead such a relatively decent life ...maybe just the way I was brought up

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
I hope that I have never been sarcastic to any one...it is a most unworthy method of speaking or writing . If the Dominicans likewise do not engage in this witless wordage, then full marks to them.. I speak spanish 90% of the time and their language is full of delightful slang rather than hurtful sarcasm ..so I hope I will never recognise it ..or would ignore it . Sorry to lead such a relatively decent life ...maybe just the way I was brought up

Sarcasm is also called joking. Just be careful, sometimes people are not telling the truth, and don't get worked up over DR1 posters. It is a place to let off steam.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

I know many sarcastic Dominicans, including my wife.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
DRDone..that is a nvel definition of sarcasm which is usually defined as trying to insult, vut, ot hurt someone by using words in an opposite way . Ok I see that you and the north coasters think that this is a place to let of steam...my error ..I thought it was a vehicle to exchange views on particular issues in a respectful way . I hope you will not mind if I do not compete in the way others do

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I hope you will not mind if I do not compete in the way others do

here, here.

15nx9i0.jpg

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
DRDone..that is a nvel definition of sarcasm which is usually defined as trying to insult, vut, ot hurt someone by using words in an opposite way . Ok I see that you and the north coasters think that this is a place to let of steam...my error ..I thought it was a vehicle to exchange views on particular issues in a respectful way . I hope you will not mind if I do not compete in the way others do

At least you admit when you are wrong. I respect that.
Hold on a second when you are saying "my error" I hope you are not being sarcastic ;)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I'm seeing all the time people saying 'here, here'. Is that an inside joke? I know the expression "hear, hear", used in UK. I first thought that it was just a mistake, but now I saw it at least three times on this forum alone.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I don't know if it is considered sarcasm when you're caught lying and then just claim it is sarcasm.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....
This has happaned to me...
Use sarcasm at your own risk with Dominicans, cuz eventually they will use it to their advantage and do exactly this when caught lying Red handed.. " oh i was just making fun, like you do with your sarcasm"...
and you are sitting there like "but , but ..i just caught you lying" ..and they just smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.