Haiti is not DR's Responsibility

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Actually the border to the North is the only border that's closed..the one to the south is open as usual.. I have someone who went thru yesterday.. ;)

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Nal0whs said:
Actually, Haiti's closing of its borders has nothing to do with whether or not those people fit in their own lands.

It was simply an act of the Haitian government to keep the rhetoric flowing.

If Haitians are deported from the DR enmasse, that means that there won't be many Haitians left in DR for the Haitian government to scapegoat the DR. Every time there is a political desintegration, crisis, chaos in Haiti the first things that comes out of the mouths of the politicians there is "Dominican Republic had something to do with this".

I have been to Haiti on a few occasions and have some very educated haitians friends and they could not care less about the DR. They are very consience that there problems are internal and unlike the dominicans they do not look for escape goats( except for the US). To them, most dominicans are cowards that would run away at the first sign of trouble.Actually, I have found that Haitians have a lot of luv for dominicans, particularly dominican women, since most prostitutes in Haiti are from the DR...
Nao, you have no idea what you are talking about this time, I can tell that you have never been any where near Haiti and that you problably have no Haitian accouintances other then maybe your gardener. I am very disapointed in you. I use to respect you so much. How could such a smart man be so ignorant? Has racisim blinded you???

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
ronaldobklyn said:

This link is from a Haitian website .This article is just as biased as any Dominican source .The article just establishes the reason behind Anti-Haitianismo .It also has a anti-Dominican slant to it ,claiming that we have a false national consciousness ,as if never had a reason to become independant .It just trys to discredit Dominican authors ,as if only Haitian authors state the truth. Its another ploy to get Dominicans to turn on thier elite and believe that they are being lied to .This is exactly what Haitian authors and intellectuals would want .This is thier chance to make a mockery of Dominican national pride.This is also a way to have Dominicans forget about the past think that Haiti has always been our friend,when its been the opposite.

Last edited:

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
It takes a liar to know one!

FuegoAzul21 said:
This link is from a Haitian website .This article is just as biased as any Dominican source .The article just establishes the reason behind Anti-Haitianismo .It also has a anti-Dominican slant to it ,claiming that we have a false national consciousness ,as if never had a reason to become independant .It just trys to discredit Dominican authors as if only Haitian authors state the truth.Not very helpful to poving you point

Did you even read the references behind the article???
They are mostly from Dominican authors. This article as been carefully research.the author is not even Haitian. here are is references:

Ernesto Sag?s is Assistant Professor of Political Science in the School of Liberal Arts. He teaches introductory courses in politics and comparative politics, as well as upper-level courses in Latin American and Caribbean politics, U.S. foreign policy, and Latinos in the United States.

If you don't like it, it can't be true! Right Mr. Fuego...

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
iluvdr said:
They are mostly from Dominican authors. This article as been carefully research.the author is not even Haitian. here are is references:

Ernesto Sag?s is Assistant Professor of Political Science in the School of Liberal Arts. He teaches introductory courses in politics and comparative politics, as well as upper-level courses in Latin American and Caribbean politics, U.S. foreign policy, and Latinos in the United States.

Fuego,

BTW, Enersto Sagas is professor, Latin American studies, at Rutgers University...Why don't you stop by his office and re-learn your history...and the rest of L. America....damn, u didn't even bother to look at the references..What are we teaching our children in school...that's the first thing u do when picking up a book or article...Keep learning you're bound to get it right...much success Bluefire...

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
iluvdr said:

although you responed before the post was fully edited, its message is still the same.He sites thier writings and claims them to be false.Never exactly countering them with other claims ,just claiming them to be lies.He also has an anti-upper class ,conspiracy freak,almost communist tone to his writtings , which makes me suspect that he would blame the upper class for all ills that plague mankind, hence making his writtings suspect and biased.He also writes with the intention of disrespecting Dr's national pride.It has nothing to do with me liking it or not, i ,like anyone else on the planet,regarding any issue, do not like to be lied to with the intention of having me to think a certain way.I dont just read the works of Dominican writers ,i also look at Haitian sources,as well as international ones,especailly regarding this issue.The way i see it is that Haiti performed acts against the Dominican people(spanish speakers of the east) that any other nation would have done in response to having a suspected enemy as a neighbor.Truth is the inhabitants of dr and Haiti were culturally different from the start,so obviously there is gonna be a "we are better than you" mentallity between both groups.Everyone knows that war is evil and armys will do evil things.Admitting it and saying "we did what he had to do" , is fine with me as long as its the truth.Changing the story around becuase the tables are now turned is very cowardly , demeaning to their cuase,and shows weakness.

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
Quisqueya said:
Fuego,

BTW, Enersto Sagas is professor, Latin American studies, at Rutgers University...Why don't you stop by his office and re-learn your history...and the rest of L. America....damn, u didn't even bother to look at the references..What are we teaching our children in school...that's the first thing u do when picking up a book or article...Keep learning you're bound to get it right...much success Bluefire...

I did look at the referances .Its on article on his opinion , he only sites thier writings to show the anti-haitianismo sentiment that they contain and also uses them to site historical facts (yes,he uses Dominican authors to claim his facts) the rest is beliefs.

P.S you should do your research,The author is a Professor at Southern New Hampshire University.

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
Quisqueya said:
Fuego,

I did look at the referances .Its on article on his opinion , he only sites thier writings to show the anti-haitianismo sentiment that they contain and also uses them to site historical facts (yes,he uses Dominican authors to claim his facts) the rest is beliefs.He constantly writes on this topic and is one of the prime promoters of the issue.

P.S you should do your research,The author is a Professor at Southern New Hampshire University.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Igh! Apparently, I have to explain everything to people...

Readytogo said:
Actually, Haiti's closing of its borders has nothing to do with whether or not those people fit in their own lands.

It was simply an act of the Dominican government to keep the rhetoric flowing.

If Dominicans are deported from the Haiti enmasse, that means that there won't be many Dominicans left in Haiti for the Dominicans government to scapegoat Haiti. Every time there is a political desintegration, crisis, chaos in the DR the first things that comes out of the mouths of the politicians there is "Haiti had something to do with this".

For them, every problem was created by the "Haitians". Many will tell you that we "stole" their tourist, their money, their land, everything.

Whenever the Dominicans people begin to demand change from the same old bolony in Santo Domingo, the Haitian Dominicans starts its rhetoric once again.

You know, the usual "Haitians had something to do with this problem" or "Haiti will invade The Dominicans Republic if the instability continues", or simply that Haitians are planning the destruction of The Dominicans Republic

You know how long the Dominicans government has been with this scapegoating rhetoric?! Hint: A very very long time.

Notice the next time The DR flares up, one of the first words coming out of Dominicans officials will be "Haitians had something to do with this" or "Haitians are ready to invade" all to simply divert the Dominicans attention from the real problem being a defuncted government that nobody knows how it keeps going day in, day out.

You see, when the Dominicans government says that the Haitian presence has increased certain disease like Malaria and Terbuculosis and that economic deprivation soon follows under their heavy presence is based on actual evidence that can be clearly seen with the naked eye.

Even the expats know that where ever you find large numbers of Dominicans in Haiti you have a better chance of catching Malaria, Terbuculosis, of seeing the worst type of poverty in existence in this country, of further demise of forests, etc.

But, the Dominicans government simply use their diaspora for their rhetoric machine. And when there is no major problem brewing in The DR, all the Dominican government does is complain about the treatment Dominicans get in Haiti, which by the way, is a lot better than what they were getting in The DRi. Otherwise, why don't they leave????

And, I might add, the Dominicans government specifically wants the diaspora in Haiti to increase because they are still feeling bad that they lost this territory!

Their dream of ruling the island is still alive. That is cut and clear.

Also, for non-Haitians claiming that we should just unite, um how would you like it if your country unites with the people that once controlled you.

ie. Panama gives in the Colombia, United States gives in to Britain, Ghana gives in to the French, India gives in to the US, or Japan gives in to Korea to see how you would like it...

People here talking about "being citizens of the world" bolony. Why don't you simply move with the poorest of the poor in India, since you are a "citizen of the world" rather than feeling sympathetic from the comfort of the first world?!

Now that I think of it, maybe we should start lobbying France so they can come and take over The DR?! Hey, that sounds good!!

This was not meant to support either ?side,? I just hoped NALWAL would see how silly his rhetoric appears and how easily it applies to both sides
In case you have not notice (which is obvious), my intention was to bring light as to how anti-Dominican many foreigners have become over the years.

Haitians officials are constantly blaming the DR and even putting fear into their own people with falsified information of "Dominicans are going to invade". However, the media only sparks protests and alarms when the Dominicans are the one at this, when its the Haitians, nobody but the Haitians themselves notice it. And of course, why would Haitians bring this to light??

The usual Haitian rhetoric is that the DR and US are both uniting to plot an invasion of Haiti.

Just wait for the next revolt (it won't be long, these people seem to love revolting), and next time FOCUS on the Haitian officials.

You will see what I have been seeing for a long time, but the media chooses to ignore.

A good example of people ignoring the Haitians with this respect, but not the Dominicans is your very own posts.

How come nobody ever mentions "it goes both ways" when a Haitian like Quisqueya comes and bashes Dominicans or when some of the Haitian posters are the one's telling us to "start talking Creole" as if to imply that there is an invasion and they know it, but won't admit it vocally.

Or how about when the Haitian government was quickly to blame the DR for their uprising in 2004, quickly stating that the US and DR were training the rebels in the DR site, when in fact neither government had anything to do with that.

Oh, there nobody says anything, but when a Dominican says the samething, suddenly people turns against him.

Here they go with "It can go both ways", "you are so racist", blah blah blah.

I am sick and tired of being put "en plato de suganda mano" just because I am a Dominican doing the exact samething the Haitians are doing and yet, Haitians get away with it!

This is exactly why even high official Dominicans are begining to believe that to the world Dominicans are not even human. That's why a Haitian can come here and kill a Dominican women with a machete, almost kill her husband in front of their three under age children just so they can steal money and food, and in the international media, the one's who are evil are the Dominicans, not the "Saint" Haitians!

I am even beginning to believe that it's because of Foreigner butting in problems that they have no business in, why this Dominican-Haitian issue still exist today!

Last edited:

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
FuegoAzul21 said:
although you responed before the post was fully edited, its message is still the same.He sites thier writings and claims them to be false.Never exactly countering them with other claims ,just claiming them to be lies.He also has an anti-upper class ,conspiracy freak,almost communist tone to his writtings , which makes me suspect that he would blame the upper class for all ills that plague mankind, hence making his writtings suspect and biased.He also writes with the intention of disrespecting Dr's national pride.It has nothing to do with me liking it or not, i ,like anyone else on the planet,regarding any issue, do not like to be lied to with the intention of having me to think a certain way.I dont just read the works of Dominican writers ,i also look at Haitian sources,as well as international ones,especailly regarding this issue.The way i see it is that Haiti performed acts against the Dominican people(spanish speakers of the east) that any other nation would have done in response to having a suspected enemy as a neighbor.Truth is the inhabitants of dr and Haiti were culturally different from the start,so obviously there is gonna be a "we are better than you" mentallity between both groups.Everyone knows that war is evil and armys will do evil things.Admitting it and saying "we did what he had to do" , is fine with me as long as its the truth.Changing the story around becuase the tables are now turned is very cowardly , demeaning to their cuase,and shows weakness.

Fuego,

Again your are reading but confusing alot of things and Ur bewilderement has clouded your brain.. Its funny you never cry me a river about the Spaniards raping ur great great grandmother humiliating your great great grandfather and made ur great great mother turn tricks.. I am not trying to be condescending but trying to make you see the whole picture.. Have your asked urself why do u speak spanish and dance to merengue and can't relate to Alejandro Sanz.. I guess the haitans are to blame for that too...If you ever go to spain even if ur living in the USA with 1st world money you're still considered inferior although they may not tell u directly but its true...

I am not hear to convince you to love haitians and tell you that ur not white and related to Zapato...That's ur perogative but imagine if the black american wanted you out of N. Newark and wanted you to stop playing loud bachata in Branchbrook park...Better yet wanted ur behind to go back to ur poor country and eat yuca for breakfast lunch and dinner..and prohibited ur parents from speaking spanish...Just because of some misinterpreted history..That would be so messed up..

Again I like you, and I know ur a bright kid and hopefully muture to probably be a good abiding citizen and help ur people. Now put urself in a poor haitian living in the DR...I hope u r starting to have some compassion and understand that most of the poor haitians living in the DR are like you but u happen to be lucky to be (migrated to)in a 1st world country and they settled for the easiest place to migrate to.

Now again if its so much about all haitians how come the DR gov't won't deport or go after haitian lawyers, doctors businessmen. I myself speak creole loud as hell on el conde and not once have the dominican people harassed me and throwing me in a truck and slinging my behind across the border. You guys stereotyped haitians so much as being pure black that you dont even notice haitians of other hues and ethnicities living in the DR...to the point ur deporting ur own BLACK dominicans...

Another consejo we are suppose to learn from history and the mistakes we've made so that we as human beings can move forward and advance in life...Its our given right... Unfortunately, migrating to a 1st world country and living here for yrs can not change a poor migrate from 3rd world countries such Haiti and DR unless u were already privileged back home....I hope one day u can think outside of ur realm and also see urself and family as a poor migrate who also was looking for a better life that ur country didn't provide..

God bless you and keep learning...

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
He used to be a professor at Rutgers. This tenured track position at SNH seems to be new...the fate of our peeps struggling for legitimacy.

That in itself is an interesting mix given that the first Republican Dominican-American (black at that) was elected into politics in Manchester, NH.

FuegoAzul21 said:
I did look at the referances .Its on article on his opinion , he only sites thier writings to show the anti-haitianismo sentiment that they contain and also uses them to site historical facts (yes,he uses Dominican authors to claim his facts) the rest is beliefs.He constantly writes on this topic and is one of the prime promoters of the issue.

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
Politics and Religion!!!!

These are the 2 subjects you cant talk about people with even if what you are saying makes sense you will never get that person to admit it, they are narrow minded and closed minded you have to be able to think out the box and most people dont do that. We are seeing ignoranace at its best, a but it is not your fault because that is what you have been taught since birth alot of people are walking around with their eyes closed and dont see what is going on.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
To understand how I come to my conclusion, read this...

ronaldobklyn said:
These are the 2 subjects you cant talk about people with even if what you are saying makes sense you will never get that person to admit it, they are narrow minded and closed minded you have to be able to think out the box and most people dont do that. We are seeing ignoranace at its best, a but it is not your fault because that is what you have been taught since birth alot of people are walking around with their eyes closed and dont see what is going on.
Ronaldobklyn (from now on, I will refer to you as Ronaldo, unless you say otherwise), I don't know if you were indirectly responding towards my comments or my comments along with everybody else's.

I'll assume the later to be safe, but in either case I'll mention the following:

I am not as closed minded as I may appear to be on these forums. I can very easily stand on either side of the rail and begin to make a point on either case.

I clearly understand what most people (I will say 8 out of 10 times) are saying on this board, whether they are posting against me, with me or against/with other people. I am very open minded and I do indulge myself in sources, books, reports, and sorround myself with different types of people who at any given time be at odds with me.

Of course, I also sorround myself with supportive people of my ideas, but I like to balance my understanding of the world.

Having said that, just because I balance my views in my mind does not mean that I will give an overall balance views in subjects that either asks or I feel I should put forth what's my personal opinion about a particular subject.

I can clearly debate and very strongly with a very balance pro-Haitian and pro-Dominican view at any given time, even mutually. However, doing so will not give the effect I want, since my ultimate debate in all these Haitian threads is my discontent with illegal immigration.

It has nothing to do with the Haitians or anybody else, its simply pure economics and the effect illegal immigration has on the economy, which by the way is a cursed blessing.

Thus, I will appear extremely anti-haitian in these threads because I often debate against illegal immigration and on Haitian oriented threads I may appear to be very anti-haitian when in fact, all I am is anti those Haitians who are here illegally as much as I am anti those expats, Cubans, Colombians and whoever who is here illegally. The point is, I will not speak of Cubans or Colombians in Haitian oriented threads and since Haitian oriented threads appear more than cuban or Colombian in this site, I may appear to be anti-haitian when I am not.

However, I do confess to sometimes steppings out of lines, usually perpetuated by other people who have ingraved in their heads that I am against their people when in reality I am not, but aside from that, you will see my anti-illegal immigration to be very consistent through out.

As I mentioned earlier, I can and do understand how people and why people would make a case supporting illegal immigration (either they use moral reasons or such), and I myself could very easily create a pro-illegal immigration posts. In fact, this will alienate those Dominicans who are against illegal immigration but will bring me closer to those Haitians and sympathysers who are pro-illegal immigration despite the economic consequences.

Why do I chose to be anti-illegal immigration instead as pro-illegal immigration?

Because of simple economics. That is the deciding factors in most of my points of views, and I suppose its only natural since that my chosen vocation.

Economic theory is impressive, it gives reasons for why people do things at any given time given a particular situation and blending Economic theory with other factors gives a decision that may not be the most moral of all, but will ensure the economic survival of the people being affected.

We live in a world where economic necessity forces people to leave the land they love not by choice, but by force, given such reality of life, I will always base my opinions on economic theory that will give Dominicans the upper hand, economically speaking.

Hopefully this will clear up any misconceptions people might have about me here on DR1, but most importantly, this will give people an insight into how I analyze things.

Being extremely simpathetic and basing decision on morals alone while ignoring the economic consequences will result in more misery to a degree not seen before. Of course, such action simply calls for more simpathy and more morality when in fact, what is needed is a touch of economic theory to make the economics part work and economic theory is not always very simpathetic or very moral, but it works and in the end, its the one thing that lies in a decision to either stick through the times in your home land or get up and go to somebody else's and become a destituted person in either country.

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
Whos to blame?

The Dominican Goevrnment has a big hand to play in the illegal immigration of Haitians to DR and they are not doing anything about it just like here in the US with illegal Mexicans. The majority of illegal's around the world are hard working but than you have a small precentage of them who f*** things up and giving the hard working ones a bad name. I my self am against illegal immigration but when you have a government not giving a f**** about protecting the borders who is to blame?

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
ronaldobklyn said:
The Dominican Goevrnment has a big hand to play in the illegal immigration of Haitians to DR and they are not doing anything about it just like here in the US with illegal Mexicans. The majority of illegal's around the world are hard working but than you have a small precentage of them who f*** things up and giving the hard working ones a bad name. I my self am against illegal immigration but when you have a government not giving a f**** about protecting the borders who is to blame?
Exactly my point! as I was explaining to Mr.D.R. it goes alot deeper then that
way deep in the heart of the the D.R. government somebody or Bodies are profiting big time, by having Haitians cross the border in large numbers, D.R. doesn't even have a major task force to even specialize and combat the problem...businessmen are using these immigrants for profits, and then they tell them, we don't need you anymore, you are now on your own.or when there finished with them like in my last neighborhood in San Isidro, when the main contractor finished his project, he called the authorities, and they came with guns blazing rounded up truck loads of them and took them away,
having Haitians in the island is a major business for the hard labor businesses, most of those business are runned by politicians or there family members, the politicians need these business because they give political contributions.
which politicians need so very much (you know... you scratch my back, I will scratch yours,) you don't bother my Haitian workers and my business, and come election time I see what I can do for you ;)do you see police officers or immigration official's shaking down businesses asking them for documents for there illegal workers, or do you see them shaking down farms, and construction project all over the island, we all know they down have a single document on them, but these companies don't want to respect or follow there own labor laws, so they work around them with the President's and the Goverment's blessing.
When it comes to Haitian's working for Dominican's there is NO LAW!!! that's why there the biggest civil and human right's violators in the Carribean, not even Cuba commmit's these selfish acts, Dominican's have forgotten that right in there "democratic" constitution. right's for all citizen's and not just there own.Thank the good Lord up above..that where Dominican's dwell all around the world this treatment has not been excercised on them as immigrant's. not judged by there color, lack of skill or education, but to only be given the right's and respect, and the opportunity as everyone else.
But.. again I will repeat! don't waste your time trying to hate and get rid of them... Haitian's are not in the island in large numbers by mistake, the Government needs them, just as much as military officials and politicians need there jeepeta's.. again you are going to find out.. that you are in the MINOR$ITY, in D.R. with this issue.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
iluvdr said:
escape goats( QUOTE]
Hey iluvdr, is that the only word you know?
And while you are at it stop trying to persuade Dominicans in changing the way they would feel because we are the ones that went through hell and back at the hands of the Haitians and just because us dominican have not want to invade their country does not mean that we are cowards.

Our independence was not won by our people by just throwing roses at the haitians....But if you want to believe your friend about us beeing cowards, that just depicts your true ignorance and lack of knowledge about the dominican people and it's history and fight for freedom.

It is a fact that DR is what has kept Haiti from completely going under especially when the international community have turned their backs on them but I doubt you would understand that, since I am debating with a person that believes Dominicans are cowards because his Haitian friend told him so.

That your Haitian friend don't use DR as Haiti's escapegoats is right and should give you the clues that they can't blame us because we have not done anything to them but to fight them for our independence which resulted in our freedom. So that we would have a country so that Dominicans can be proud of, as well as so that people like yourself can come and enjoy the perfect taste of freedom in one of the best vacationing peaceful country in the caribbean today.

Haitians don't fear about dominicans moving in because DR is not interested in Haiti at all but won't turn its back to them like the international community.
But to tell you the truth, It would be a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel for the Haitian people if DR was to govern them.

It is true that DR has had it's share of corrupt leaders but integrity and peace to us means much more than just turning ourselves into salvages of our own land.

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
Mr_DR said:
iluvdr said:
escape goats( QUOTE]
And while you are at it stop trying to persuade Dominicans in changing the way they would feel because we are the ones that went through hell and back at the hands of the Haitians and just because us dominican have not want to invade their country does not mean that we are cowards.

Our independence was not won by our people by just throwing roses at the haitians....But if you want to believe your friend about us beeing cowards, that just depicts your true ignorance and lack of knowledge about the dominican people and it's history and fight for freedom.

It is a fact that DR is what has kept Haiti from completely going under especially when the international community have turned their backs on them but I doubt you would understand that, since I am debating with a person that believes Dominicans are cowards because his Haitian friend told him so.

That your Haitian friend don't use DR as Haiti's escapegoats is right and should give you the clues that they can't blame us because we have not done anything to them but to fight them for our independence which resulted in our freedom. So that we would have a country so that Dominicans can be proud of, as well as so that people like yourself can come and enjoy the perfect taste of freedom in one of the best vacationing peaceful country in the caribbean today.

Haitians don't fear about dominicans moving in because DR is not interested in Haiti at all but won't turn its back to them like the international community.
But to tell you the truth, It would be a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel for the Haitian people if DR was to govern them.

It is true that DR has had it's share of corrupt leaders but integrity and peace to us means much more than just turning ourselves into salvages of our own land.
Mr DR you are a prime example of brain wahsing by the Trujillo, Balaguer propaganda over the 80 years or so thery where in power that Haitians enslaved the Dominicans( keep in in mind I am a not Haitian saying this, I am Latino as your self). Mr DR its not your fault you believe this way it has been instilled in you since birth.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Haitians made the Colons Pay; French and Spanish alike!

Mr_DR said:
iluvdr said:
escape goats( QUOTE]

Mr DR. I see that the article by Ernesto sagas at http://haitiforever.com/windowsonhaiti/esagas1.shtml
as tought you nothing? and others such as Nalowhs that claim to enjoy research, want even bother to read or to comment on it!
Sometimes words are stronger then a sword...
Please understand that you never truly defeated any Haitian army!
Your own twisted history reminds you that Boyer never send the Haitians troops to storm the rebellion in East Haiti, He was to preoccupied over an attemtep coup. Had he done so, we would not be having this discussion today. So stop lying to yourself, the dominicans never seriously whip any one ***!
We both know how strong the haitian army was at the time , they had just been victorious over the unfamous French army , Spanish haiti would have never stood a chance!
Just for the record, I said I was from both Haitian and Dominican descent, but I am actually Canadian. My position is purely biais, beleive me.
I am just a man who enjoys the truth.
Actually, lately I have done some extensive research and discovered that you might be right, when the Haitians took over, they showed no mercy to there ex masters :French and Spanish alike, maybe that is where the claim comes that the dominicans where mistreated. After the liberation of Haiti the former slaves killed and burned the colons who had rape, murder and enslaved them. When you talk about your spanish heritage, don't forget that your Spanish great grand father raped your ancestors and later rejected and enslaved your fathers wich truly was there own sons. The Haitians when they freed you from Spain, did brutalize that ' great grand father " of yours
and made him pay for his crimes. I guess this is the thank you they got today!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
ronaldobklyn said:
Mr DR you are a prime example of brain wahsing by the Trujillo, Balaguer propaganda over the 80 years or so thery where in power that Haitians enslaved the Dominicans( keep in in mind I am a not Haitian saying this, I am Latino as your self). Mr DR its not your fault you believe this way it has been instilled in you since birth.
FYI, I never heard such propaganda until now that you said it.
And it was never taught in school.

Nobody has to convince me or brain wash any dominicans because we all know what we went through in our history.

Now tell me or share the sources of our history that would teach dominicans that we were enslaved other than books written by Balaguer or Trujillo which the majority of Dominicans don't care much about reading because you don't have to tell dominicans how those two were because we know exactly how power hungry those two were and all the atrocities they would commit for the sake of power.

IMO, Although I don't agree with what they did, corruption, tyranny and all, those are the only two that so far have done something for our country and much to what DR is today is owed to them.

We don't go by what a worthless book may say, we go back to history.
Just as any other countries. ie Irish and Brits, Jewish and Arabs and Panama and Colombia, if Colombia was still strongly insisting in recapturing Panama and Colombians were crowding Panama and committing crimes killing innocent Panamanians.

Luckly you don't have that problem because Colombians are not invading Panama in masses because Panama is just as poor as Colombia is and Colombians choose to migrate to much greener pastures.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Mr_DR said:
FYI, I never heard such propaganda until now that you said it.
And it was never taught in school.

Nobody has to convince me or brain wash any dominicans because we all know what we went through in our history.

Now tell me or share the sources of our history that would teach dominicans that we were enslaved other than books written by Balaguer or Trujillo which the majority of Dominicans don't care much about reading because you don't have to tell dominicans how those two were because we know exactly how power hungry those two were and all the atrocities they would commit for the sake of power.

IMO, Although I don't agree with what they did, corruption, tyranny and all, those are the only two that so far have done something for our country and much to what DR is today is owed to them.

We don't go by what a worthless book may say, we go back to history.
Just as any other countries. ie Irish and Brits, Jewish and Arabs and Panama and Colombia, if Colombia was still strongly insisting in recapturing Panama and Colombians were crowding Panama and committing crimes killing innocent Panamanians.

Luckly you don't have that problem because Colombians are not invading Panama in masses because Panama is just as poor as Colombia is and Colombians choose to migrate to much greener pastures.

Mr DR,

Damn, you really need a reality check because you have no clue to what your talking about...If antihaitianismo did not exist "still exist" how come that was the only tactic Balaguer used to steal the election from the DOMINICAN Pena Gomez. If you really are not aware of this than ur crazier than I thought(no disrespect intended). On the otherhand, Nals is a very intelligent dominican(rare) but he knows the truth but simply keeps the propaganda flowing for the next generation...But guess what the typical dominican on the island, see with their own eyes that haitians are hard workers and honest people and that their are alot of middle class other ethnic haitians also living in DR which looks down on them because of racism(darker hue dominicans and lower economic status).

Dominicans are the only Latin American country that begged their masters (Spaniards) to re-annex them allowing their mothers to be raped again and thier men, servants fetching "Cervantes" and crew their chancletas. Smells and looks like a "coward" to me. Even those little Aztec indians from Mejico got more heart than u domincans. The only thing that made sense in ur post is that domincans don't go by worthless books that's because half the population are un-educated and the ones that can read are on like a 4 grade level and can't comprehend what they read to begin with. No disrespected intended to my dominican viewers but its the truth.

And your assessment of Panama is way off..stick to keeping stats on baseball. The largest illegal immigrant population in Panama are colombians. BTW, Panama's economy can not be compared with DR. Are u insane do you know how beautiful Panama is? Majority of their expats are Americans and most left because of the turn over of the Panama Canal to the Panamanians and on top of that its expensive. Wait until the expats in DR can't stretch their dollar they will be gone and DR will be back to the way it was. The little order that exist in the DR is due to the fact the expats couldn't deal with all that chaotic mess dominicans are u to thus the gov't curtailed their un-organized way. Those same xpats will drop their concubines and their mulatto children and move on the next island that can meet their needs.. Panama poor...LOL..I almost pissed in my pants.. and alot of the crimes are committed by colombians in Panama..

FYI, Colombia lost Panama because Roosevelt wanted it....Dude, when u get ur own history right..then u should go learn the Panamian history...

Last edited: