Hot hot hot

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Even the hookers are complaining about the heat.

[video=youtube;AbQJDBQzgwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbQJDBQzgwM[/video]

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Even the hookers are complaining about the heat.

[video=youtube;AbQJDBQzgwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbQJDBQzgwM[/video]

Just remember that the ending of this episode was just that is was just dream BUT the opposite was happening. Dark days and the temps reaching in the - degrees.

Great, chilling show!!!!!!!!!!!!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Off Topic but that is why i moved back to NY in 2004. 2 years was enough.

Hate the heat all the time!!!

Such beautiful weather we are having right now in the Northeast, USA!(chilly nights) :classic: AE, I know you can't wait until you are back in Southern NJ.;)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Such beautiful weather we are having right now in the Northeast, USA! :classic: AE, I know you can't wait until you are back in Southern NJ.;)

Nice. In the 70's.

Coming soon to a NE USA state near you:

[video=youtube;Kr0tTbTbmVA]x[/video]

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I did not want to interrupt with an Off Topic Earlier in the thread.. but
Why dont some of you who live there, and OWN , invest in SOLAR..
Up here in the northeast its a total waste of $ imo, cuz the elect co only pays 33 cents on the dollar when you produce excess, so you in effect buy back your own electricity at TRIPLE the price when the sun is not shining and at night.
by my calculations its a no win situation esp when most people are at work during the day where the AC is Free, so you cant possibly enjoy the free electricity except on your days off..

fast Forward to Retirement or living as Expat in the DR...
The DR, as in FLORIDA and other Sunny Hot places, and say you are Retired or semi retired..
I would plop down the $ and never worry about Electricity again for the next 20 years or more
. Heck you could probably power 2 or 3 homes down there.
There is no way I wouls pay MORE for Elect /per KW hour in the DR than it costs here in the USA, and we average around 11 cents a KW hour.. thats just NUTS that you cant RUN your AC full blast, and live in comfort..

yes.. some folks do.. I have a friend who used to install panels in Las Terrenas.. but he said the problems were that the panelsthemselves are not, in fact, designed for tropical use and do not last that long.. plus, they are often vandalized,

It is really much better to adapt to a different schedule

as said

siesta from 2 to 4

Las Terrenas operates like that

and smart folks in Santo Domingo do as well..

if they possibly can

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
You never really get use to the heat, you just find ways to tolerate it. In the Capital, hot, hot and dusty. The thing I really do not like about the heat is that it seems to zap the energy right out of you.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i can never understand when dr1ers say they are in DR for the weather. i find it boring and quite hateful, all year round. it's way too hot. not even now, just generally. i only like it when it rains.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
The rain cools things down and gets the motoconchos off the road and out my ears.

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
Up here in the northeast its a total waste of $ imo, cuz the elect co only pays 33 cents on the dollar when you produce excess, so you in effect buy back your own electricity at TRIPLE the price when the sun is not shining and at night.
by my calculations its a no win situation esp when most people are at work during the day where the AC is Free, so you cant possibly enjoy the free electricity except on your days off..

The DR, as in FLORIDA and other Sunny Hot places, and say you are Retired or semi retired..
I would plop down the $ and never worry about Electricity again for the next 20 years or more
There is no way I wouls pay MORE for Elect /per KW hour in the DR than it costs here in the USA, and we average around 11 cents a KW hour.. thats just NUTS that you cant RUN your AC full blast, and live in comfort..

Dominicans like to steal solar panels. Everyone I knew that had Solar panels had them stolen - probably by the company that installed them too.
But remember that is part of the charm of living there.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Please show me the payback period for the price of the panels/charge controllers/batteries/inverter system that will provide me with 700 kWh a month versus the DR rates for electricity.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
jd426 - There is virtually no one here running air conditioners from the energy supplied by their solar panels.
There is virtually no one here paying less than what you are paying for electricity (11 cents per kWh) in Florida.

Personal comments: I was just in Florida for 10 days and I hated living with AC 24/7 as it is used in FL. I also dislike Florida in general. Give me the west coast of the USA any time over the east coast.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
The east coast of Florida is a staging area for zombies created in Haiti.

The Haitian zombies are neurologically engineered to destroy solar panels and attack Canadian tourists. Last week some news managed to leak out when it was reported that Canadians were jumping out of tour buses west of Puerto Plata after shouting "they're coming to kill me!"

Some experts say the Canadians were carrying small solar chargers which give off vibrations that attract the zombies.

At this point, who knows.

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
The east coast of Florida is a staging area for zombies created in Haiti.

The Haitian zombies are neurologically engineered to destroy solar panels and attack Canadian tourists. Last week some news managed to leak out when it was reported that Canadians were jumping out of tour buses west of Puerto Plata after shouting "they're coming to kill me!"

Some experts say the Canadians were carrying small solar chargers which give off vibrations that attract the zombies.

At this point, who knows.

Source please.

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
Are you questioning me? Sounds like you're one of them, maybe contracted by them.

I don't have to tell you anything.

Very defensive. I'm still not quite convinced of this story. When I googled it your post came up, so I guess it is true. Who knows.