Hot hot hot

BlondeJustice

May 28, 2014
My toes might be freezing but I'm wearing my flip flops and missing Flip Flop Falafel! Hope one of my favourite Dominican's in all of the Domincan world I know is still pumping out the falafels. Thinking of Cabarete and wishing you'd send 10 or so degrees our way here on the West Coast of Canada.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I honestly had no idea it was so hot elsewhere in the DR. As far as I can tell, it's been normal here in the East. Either that or I'm just used to the heat.
Same here, hotter than a couple of weeks ago but nothing out of the ordinary.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Problem is now, is that we are experiencing Sahara dust from Africa throughout the Caribbean. Trade winds die, and it gets hot. It is a normal thing during hurricane season, and actually helps keep hurricanes from forming as does the ash and smoke when montserrat island starts fuming. Its just a little early this year. It happens. It's the Caribbean folks, Not the mainland.. Enjoy it for what it is and carry on ..Google it..

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In today's DR1 news
Hot spell continues, temps of 40C
Spring is ending here with some of the hottest temperatures ever. Record temperatures of up to 40C are forecast for the provinces of Santiago Rodriguez, Valverde, Montecristi, Dajabon and Elias Pina, on the border with Haiti. The heatwave affecting the country has worsened with the blue skies obscured by Saharan dust clouds. A record high of 37.5C was reported in Puerto Plata, one degree higher than the previous April high of 36.5C recorded in 1963.
Onamet is forecasting a hot weekend as the high pressure continues to bring dry air over the country.
Noontime highs of 34C are forecast for Greater Santo Domingo with lows of 23l-24C in the early morning.
Onamet is advising people to stay indoors from 11am to 4pm, wear light clothing and drink plenty of liquids.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Dr1 has taught a few things I knew nothing about. Peoples ingenuity in maintaining a power supply is one of them.

May I mention that the heatwave mentioned here isn't in Sdq. 79 degrees at the moment. Barely broke a sweat, and I wore a down jacket getting on the plane..

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
It was blistering today.. in SDQ.. traffic stalled in Gazcue around the book fair...

barely got the dog to the Vet and then to the super market

felt as if I had done a marathon

hot hot hot

but sleeping from6 pm to midnight

may be the new normal

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
It was blistering today.. in SDQ.. traffic stalled in Gazcue around the book fair...

barely got the dog to the Vet and then to the super market

felt as if I had done a marathon

hot hot hot

but sleeping from6 pm to midnight

may be the new normal

My wife and I are in Anguilla and there has not been any trade winds for over a week. The dust is so bad that although you can see the islands, you can't make out the buildings over on St. Maarten which is a 15 minute boat ride. I'll post here when it cleans up and changes around. Also, Weather Forecast & Reports - Long Range & Local | Wunderground | Weather Underground has some good info on it.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
after the winter we had here in new York....it sounds like paradise...roll on august till I get back down for two weeks

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Awoke this morning to 20 knot ESE winds. I also enjoyed my coffee while looking out over a much clearer view of SXM. Looks like the winds will be coming back out of the east at a normal 25 knots by this afternoon. The trade winds are back and headed your way everybody!
Photo of this morning below..
2aeqiap.jpg