HTC HD2 (poor man's iphone)

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I've had the HTCHD2 since it came out. I'm disappointed. I put the Android froyo on it and 90% of the features work but it runs hot and eats the battery.
Just installed the T mobile latest fix. Let's see if WinMO7 is able to work on it.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Install "The Battery Booster" free app, it will add 50% more life between cycles and run a bit cooler, no exaggeration!

My HTC Incredible used to a be a major battery hog, It goes strong over 12 hours now.

t'

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
The Facebook app for WinMo has issues right now. MS has promised to put out an updated version shortly on WInMo Marketplace; for which you should have an icon on your start menu.

For music, try Pandora, which gives you personalized radio station based on the artist that you select. It's big with the Apple folks.
does not stream out of USA...need hidemyass to get it.
bob

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Install "The Battery Booster" free app, it will add 50% more life between cycles and run a bit cooler, no exaggeration!

My HTC Incredible used to a be a major battery hog, It goes strong over 12 hours now.

t'
Thanks for the info

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Just pony up and buy an iPhone

Started with the iphone, but I think the Android phones have caught up. Apple is still sexy but evil. I paid for for your phone, it's mine now, why can't I do what I want with it. I understand If I modify it it will void my warranty, but to brick my phone because I want to personalized it is evil.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Started with the iphone, but I think the Android phones have caught up. Apple is still sexy but evil. I paid for for your phone, it's mine now, why can't I do what I want with it. I understand If I modify it it will void my warranty, but to brick my phone because I want to personalized it is evil.

Droid phones have WAY caught up

According to the Wall Street Journal, on a monthly basis today, they are outselling Apple and BlackBerry......... combined.

The new big deal

WW

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I-phones are OK for most people as they usually don't care how the thing works just that it's "cool". For those of us who are a little geeky and would like to have options Android and open source is the way to go (You should see how my EVO looks and runs now after I installed the Cyanogen ROM - Google it if you don't know what that means).

Apple changed the game when they came out with the I-phone and they are still going strong selling more I-phones than ever before, but I predict they will eventually be left in the dust by Android (Just like it happened with Windows vs Macs), because they are closed, proprietary and insist on controlling the whole supply chain. So while you will continue to get a new I-phone every couple of years or so (or maybe you get a different color every year) you'll get new Android phones every couple of months. In addition because of it being open source you have a virtual army of people developing all kinds of really cool stuff that will eventually make it into the core product.

Reactions: Bronxboy

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
suarez, the new HTC desire HD will kill whats left of iphone. This phone will truly change the game. I wish I had an andriod but I am not ready to cough up $500+ for a cell.
AZB

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
AZB...... you seem to be tech savvy...... will that HTC Dash S620 do the job for me in RD?
I guess I'll need a data plan from Claro

Thanks WW

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
suarez, the new HTC desire HD will kill whats left of iphone. This phone will truly change the game.
AZB

Now that's funny, hahaha.
Spoken like a true iPhone wannabe ;)

Walking round NY, all I see is people using iPhones.

The iPhone was the game changer.
The iPad was the game changer.

iPad 2 early next year along with iPhone 5 will be explosive!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Walking round NY, all I see is people using iPhones.

....and Blackberry's and Droids, and more Blackberry's!

It really is a mixed bag nowadays, stop being so Applecentric.

R U in NYC today, I'll buy you a beer!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Iphone is nice, easy to use and lots of useful apps if you compare it to windows mobile phones (example: htc hd2). Iphone/ipod work right out of the box, no advance setting is needed. It works flawlessly and smooth. But but, the game changer for me is, ipod's screen size. Too small for my eyes and i hate using itunes and not to mention the restrictions imposed by apple. My hd2 is totally modifiable by the user and does what I need to use it for. It does everything except take out my garbage but i hear the new windows 7 phone does everything and even takes out the garbage.
HD2 phone would become the king if we can NAND port 100% working andriod rom of HTC Desire HD or Z. If they can fix the small flaws in andriod port, then the HD2 owners will be all happy chappies. We need to eliminate the whole windows mobile and NAND port andriod froyo. This conversion is already in development by some russian hackers. Lets wish them luck and it should be all done and ready in a matter of a few weeks for public release.
My HTC Hd2 is so powerful, huge and impressive that I have warned robert to not put his ipod next to it. I won't take the responsibility if my HD2 would eat up the tiny girly ipod touch. hehehe
AZB

Reactions: Tamborista

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZB...... you seem to be tech savvy...... will that HTC Dash S620 do the job for me in RD?
I guess I'll need a data plan from Claro

Thanks WW

Yes, it will work as a phone in DR but its no match for the phones we are talking about. You have a tiny 2.4" screen and a slow processor. It will work but not for what we an use our hd2 for. If you have the tmobile usa version then call T mobile and tell them you travel a lot and you would like to use the local sim cards to make local calls. Ask them to give you the unlock code. You have to find out your IMEI number which is inside the cell and also printed on the sticker when you remove the battery. Give that to t mobile and they will send you the unlock code. Now if you can't get the unlock code to use different company sims cards (example: claro, orange etc), you can have someone unlock it for you through a program called unlocker. do a google research and find out.
click here:
HTC Universal first free SIM unlock tool - MobileTopSoft.

now you owe me a beer but make sure its alcohol free.
AZB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The problem is, you are in the 1% bracket. People want a phone that works, looks good, reliable and has great functionality. 99% of people don't have the time or the knowledge to port this, jailbreak that, emulate this etc etc etc.

At the end of the day, the iPhone is the better phone, has by far the best build quality, screen, ease of use, reliability, customer support, cool factor etc. This is why the iPhone dominates and will have massive sales again in 2011.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
At the end of the day, the iPhone is the better phone, has by far the best build quality, screen, ease of use, reliability, customer support, cool factor etc. This is why the iPhone dominates and will have massive sales again in 2011.

Lets hope they will come up with a bigger screen, flash player support and a perfect jailbreak so we can use whatever on it.
AZB