HTC HD2 (poor man's iphone)

pas

Jun 7, 2004
azb ..how did you installed it...

1.i placed the android folder on the root of my sd card
2.turn on the phone ...opend file explorer..
3.when the keypas light are on i selected clrcad.exe(nothing really happend)
4 i then selected haret.ex..(i installed got i black screen with some really small leters on it..

waited a 1/2 hour but nothing happend..

what am i doing wrong

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
azb ..how did you installed it...

1.i placed the android folder on the root of my sd card
2.turn on the phone ...opend file explorer..
3.when the keypas light are on i selected clrcad.exe(nothing really happend)
4 i then selected haret.ex..(i installed got i black screen with some really small leters on it..

waited a 1/2 hour but nothing happend..

what am i doing wrong
First of all, you must have a custom windows rom which is fine tunes to run andriod as an app. I use Kumar's latest premium rom. Its close to the stock without all the flashing bells and whistles. I have updated my radio to the latest. Its all there in xda page. Then when everything is fine and running in windows mobile, now take your sd card and format it. I formatted it via windows mobile, in the cell. The SD card could be stock but it needs to be a ast one, like class 4. Some people have used the slow cards and it worked but why take chances? I have a fast SD card which was taken out from a droid motorola (16 gig).
Now I would download MJD's
[UPD][BUILD][13.11.10] MDJ FroYo Sense Revolution v.1.6 [kernel: MDJ S3.1]

but before you put it on the root of Sd card. change the kernel to the latest (s4).
Instructions are there, just read and its easy to do.

[KERNEL][14.11.10] -=For MDJ's builds=- S4 [OC-UV-HAVS-SMARTASS]

now place the andriod folder on the SD card. Do what you did to execute andriod and it should start just fine. Once you have this going, contact me so I can tell you how to fine tune it and make everything work on it. This is the most perfect andriod rom with the best battery life (24 hrs on light to moderate use), stable and almost everything works, even the zoom on the camera and video. This rom is fast and cell works as if its a native andriod.
Good luck.

AZB

pas

Jun 7, 2004
well i worked finally for me...
a had to intal only a newer radio rom...
keeping the original windows..
using your recomended MDJ FroYo Sense Revolution v.1.6
it takes a while to start..

did you find a better android rom??

or you stuil using the MDJ FroYo Sense Revolution v.1.6

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
No sir, I have moved on to NAND version. The best nand version is in this thread.
[Jan 11][DL DesireZ v2.1][SD/NAND][PPP/RMNET][Base 1.72.466.4][SquashFS][UTF8&Arabic] - xda-developers

This guy is a genius and he came up with roms for SD that were perfect. Now he has come out with a nand version of the same roms. Now I do not have windows mobile on my hd2. I have installed the nand version of android on my hd2. Now Its not even an HD2 anymore. Its a real android phone. Try it but do read up on how to install the nand roms. click below:

[Jan 11][DL DesireZ v2.1][SD/NAND][PPP/RMNET][Base 1.72.466.4][SquashFS][UTF8&Arabic] - xda-developers

if you like the froyo 1.6 revolution then you would love the MDJ FroYo Revolution v.2.3 rom in nand version:
click below for that:
[10 JAN] MDJ FroYo Revolution v.2.3 [A2SD+][RMNET][Kernel: MDJ S10.2 OC] - xda-developers

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
So anyone can buy an hd2 windows mobile from craigslist with the 16gb sd card and I can help change it to a desire Z android phone with american and dominican gps installed. This phone is just great and I can't live without it. Windows will be wiped out and android will be installed in the internal; memory of the phone. It will become a real android 2.2 phone with latest softwares and even custom elements and features.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Update on my hd2 super dooper smartphone:
I was able to wipe off the wondows 6.5 and now have android in the internal memory. Now the hd2 is a real android phone which works flawlessly.
Last week I took a vacation to the western part of USA and of course, I took along my htc hd2 smartphone. I installed copilot live GPS system on the device which would guide me in USA. The moment I landed in las vegas, the gps took over and took me to exact locations as I had programmed it to take me. The HD2 worked like a real gps showing me maps and routes on it's huge 4.3 inch screen. I was able to go from las vegas to grand canyons to sedona to pheonix to all the way to los angeles. I drove all over los angeles and my android took care of me 24/7. I watched my news on live channels and even let my girlfriend watch dominican channel CDN. It took pictures and let me connect to ATT network. This one phone added another star to my already excellent vacation.
AZB

k-bull

Jun 28, 2005
Htc hd2 3g

I would like to know if its possible to get 3G service in DR with the T-Mobile version of the HD2. If so, with which sevice provider (Claro, Viva, Orange).

Feb 7, 2007
I would like to know if its possible to get 3G service in DR with the T-Mobile version of the HD2. If so, with which sevice provider (Claro, Viva, Orange).

3G:

T-mobile uses 1700 frequency for DL and 2100 MHz for UL. Orange uses 900 Mhz frequency for DL/UL.

http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/Non-T-Mobile-Phones/3g-2100-mhz-compatible/td-p/127667

"T-mobile is using what is known as AWS which means the phone talks to the towers on the 1700 Mhz Band and listens to the towers on the 2100 Mhz band for 3g. Most unlocked 3g phones from North American carriers as well as international carriers are not using AWS so they will be stuck using EDGE or GPRS which is the older slower network. Most of them do have a 2100 radio in them but not the 1700 so the phone can hear the 3g but can't talk to it. Kinda lame but if you read the articles below you'll see why T-mobile had to go this way and why they had to wait to roll out their 3g network. "

AT&T Uses 850 Mhz for UL/DL, Claro uses 850 MHz for UL/DL.

If T-mobile phone has 900 Mhz for UL/Dl then yes it will work. The only equipment guaranteed to work on 3G in the Dr is AT&T equipment and that on Claro only.

Feb 7, 2007
Also, T-mobile's 1700 and 2100 frequencies are slightly off the 1700/2100 Mhz band. The phone needs to be able to use AWS Band IV, as per manufacturer's specs. AWS IV is highly specific to Tmobile USA and may not work 3G on other networks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UMTS_frequency_bands

As you can see, the "1700" Mhz band actually belongs to several different AWS bands which among themselves are not compatible. therefore, a phone saying it's capable of 1700 Mhz may not be necessarily working on all "1700 Mhz supporting" wireless networks if those are different AWS bands, while all using the stated 1700 Mhz frequency.

If the phone states 900 Mhz, there is only AWS band (Band VIII) that uses 900 Mhz, the one used by orange. Make sure phone is capable of AWS VIII in order to be able to use it with Orange. You should call MANUFACTURER for detailed info and checkup.

Also, AWS Band V (850 MHz) is mutually compatible between AT&T in the USA and Claro in the DR. AT&T 3G equipment will work on Claro 3G.

Last edited: