It is with Deep Regret - Lambada has passed away.

TomDAlfonso

Jul 4, 2010
So sorry to hear of this Grahame, like many I believed Ginnie would live forever, she will in spirit I am certain

Tom

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
OMG my jaw is still bouncing off the floor. We have now lost another good one. Her words of wisdom and friendship will remain in our hearts.
Grahame our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bob K (and Pat)

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
OMG...
Rest in peace...we love you...Ginnie
How can we forget you?.... My condolences to her family.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
My sincere sympathy to Ginnie's friends and family. I shall miss her even though we only ever exchanged PMs. Richard

Mar 2, 2008
My deepest and most sincere condolences to Grahame.

Ginnie was a very good friend to many of us, and she will be greatly missed.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Very Sad News

Unbelievable and very sad news.
Ginnie was very intelligent, wise and very hard working.
DR1 lost a renowned member.

My heartfelt condolences to her family.

donP

manila

Nov 9, 2009
I've never met Ginnie but read so many of her posts, I'm shocked by this news. I send my deep condolences to her family.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Oh Grahame, my heartfelt sympathy to you for your loss. I was just exchanging emails with her.... no news of illness.... but perhaps that is a blessing.

goodbye friend! and Thank you so much for your light!

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
I'm so shocked to read this news. My condolences to you Grahame on the loss of your dear Ginnie.

Margaret

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Rip ginnie

Grahame. My sincere condolences, eventually you will move on, .
Ginnie, you gave an gave to the community.

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
Adios Ginnie

Very sad news this morning. I never met her personally but knew her from reading every week the Ginnie Bedggood News of the week, reading her first book and all the intelligent comments on DR1. May God be with you You will be missed a lot.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Feeling helpless ...

Guys,

I am stuck here in the UK and just can't get out to POP for a while. Anyone who knew Grahame and Ginnie will appreciate just how Grahame must be feeling right now. Can I ask those of you who are local to POP to offer whatever help and support you can give to Grahame at this desperately sad time and in the days to come? My thoughts are with him.
Marco, as always, is being a rock.

Rio

yess

Jun 1, 2008
OMG too horrible and shocking
Her posts were, for me, the definitive answer on many a topic

may she RIP and may her family be consoled knowing so many admired her

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I am so in shock too. Ginnie and I had been corresponding more lately than ever as she was so generous in information regarding dental stuff from her own personal experience, to maps, phone numbers, her usual thorough support and big heart.

She was one of a kind and will be sorely missed, and while I'm not presently in the DR if there is anything I can do, just ask.

So Grahame, you are in all of our prayers. Ginnie, RIP

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
There is not much you can say at a time like this ! I will miss her, there are not many people with such an insight into the way the world works.

Aug 21, 2007
My heart breaks. We agreed to have lunch together in July to discuss some things. Now, Ginnie will not be there to help steer my ship. She was always one to give me frank, objective advice, to speak to me with intelligence and wisdom. Yet she was also one of the few people who would respond to the needs of others less fortunate. Several times over the years, she would get wind of the circumstances of someone with whom I was helping out. She would write and say, "Stop by, I will give you some pesos to help." I always came with a receipt. She never wanted it, saying she doesn't want a receipt or acknowledgment.

Ginnie had endless energy. Often her posts were the last of the evening, well after midnight. Yet, by mid morning, there she was again, giving advice on dr1. How did she also find time to do all the detailed research, which she tirelessly quoted? How did she find time to write and research her books? How did she find time to help out so many newcomers? How did she find time to write her website?

On the one hand, I can't help but think that maybe, Ginnie just got tired. Ran out of energy. But, no. That's not the Ginnie I know. Instead, I choose to believe something else entirely. Ginnie's inspiration, astute posts, and experience will continue to influence us all for years to come. Her energy will continue to move us to make better decisions. No, her energy did not run out. It was not destroyed. It is and will continue to be a force with which to be reckoned by us old hands and the newbies yet to come..

The universe has more important plans for Ginnie. She is on to bigger and better things. She gave us her all while we were blessed with her here. And she deserves the best of what the universe has in store. Godspeed, my Friend. I love you.

Lindsey