It is with Deep Regret - Lambada has passed away.

DRExplorer

Jan 1, 2007
Ginnie

Sorry to hear that, I've never met her in person but I've read many of her articles. I hope her website will continue.
She is gone but not forgotten.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I am stunned and saddened by this horrible news. :cry:

I never met Ginnie but I always enjoyed her informative, insightful, and humourous posts.

She was clearly a very wonderful, caring, and generous giving person and I sense that I am aware of much less than the tip of the iceberg.

My condolences to Grahame and family. :cry:

RIP Lambada. :cry:

Gilberto

Apr 24, 2006
With sincerest condolences to Grahame and the family...

Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,
May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.

R.I.P. Lambada (Ginnie)

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
So sorry Grahame.

I will never forget what she did for me and my family.

You have my email when you need anything - use it.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I am at a loss for words. I come a way with learning from her that we must grab and live life to its fullest....and I think she did that. My condolences to Graham and family.

Last edited:

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Grahame, please accept our condolences. We are so saddened by this news. Ginnie has been such a fantastic resource for DR1 as well as to us via email. Her impact on our expat lives will not end as we all can pay it forward by helping others share the lessons she has taught. Repeating her example could well be her greatest legacy. Gracias,Ginnie!

Abuela & Beachbob

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's hard to find the words to express my feelings. I never met Ginnie, but like so many others I felt that I "knew" her well. I will miss her many informative and intelligent posts, always the voice of reason and instiller of calm in the stormy threads. After recently reading her book, my sense of "knowing" Ginnie and Grahame is at its strongest, and my heart goes out to you Grahame. You and Ginnie lived a lifetime since the 90's, and DR is a better place because of you both.

RIP Ginnie, you will be missed by all who knew you, and by those of us who "knew" you too.

Grace

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Grahame, there is nothing I can say that will take away the pain you must be feeling at this sad, sad time. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. If there is ever anything we can do, just ask. We will all miss our very good friend Ginnie. She was an inspiration to us all.

May she rest in peace.

Rick

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
When I only had arrived on this island, it was Ginnie and Grahame who gave me a warm personal welcome at their home.
Ever since, both have been like old friends, even almost family to me here in Puerto Plata.
Both were very supportive of my endeavors with Melany and at hand with sincere and well meaning advice and support.

I am at a huge terrible loss, just like most anybody who's life she has touched as a friend.
We can only begin to imagine what a loss her leaving us so suddenly is to her partner and friend Grahame.

Ginnie, I shall see you again, some day! And I am looking forward to it!

... J-D.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I just cannot believe it. Ginnie was my rock here. Always available when the going was tough. Daily emails, Skype calls in the early hours of the morning. Always there with great advice. She really knew the workings of this country. I will miss her dreadfully. My heart goes out to Grahame. RIP Ginnie.

matilda

james

Jan 14, 2002
This is a huge shock and a great loss to all. What a great lady she was. My sincerest condolences to Grahame. RIP Ginnie

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Grahame, you have my condolences. There is an extra star in the heavens. RIP Ginnie.

Sincerely,
PJT

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I was deeply saddened to hear of your loss Grahame, my warmest condolences.

R.I.P Ginnie.

ian

Reactions: AlaninDR

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Grahame my deepest condolences. Have solace in knowing she was with the man she loved in a place she loved doing the work she loved. We will all miss her voice of wisdom and humor.
Ginnie R.I.P.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
WOW! :(

"Lambada" was a wealth of knowledge and fantastic contributor on DR1.
He insights and wisdom touched 1,000s of people.

My sincere condolences to Grahame. RIP Ginnie.

donnaparadise

Sep 1, 2003
paralaestrella.com
Such a very sad loss!

While I never post, I have been reading DR1 for years and years and always looked for Lambada's responses to get a reality-based, clear, knowledgeable 'take' on most subjects. She was obviously a kind an caring person and I will miss her steady hand and measured responses and her obvious love for the DR and its people and the people on this board.

It is said that one someone passes, one mourns who we are in connectedness to the world as we know it. Ginnie will be missed more than she ever could have imagined; not only by those who 'knew' her, but by those of us in the background who relied on her to keep thing sane and sweet.

My heart goes out to her husband, who must surely be devastated and admire them both for having so many friends to support him in this terrible time.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
wow I'm shocked... never met her but had a lot of great chats with her in the chat room... R.I.P

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
So sorry to hear this Grahame...our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...tom n tanya

oldislandman

Sep 1, 2002
My God--what sad and shocking news this is. Ginnie was a wonderful lady and will be sadly missed. Grahame, you have my sympathy. I shall contact you later.
Jim