It is with Deep Regret - Lambada has passed away.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Grahame, I am so sorry to hear about Ginnie,may she rest in peace. I never expected to go on line and see this, I will always remember the help I received with my Spanish from both Grahame and Ginnie. Thank you both, Ginnie you will always be remembered and Grahame, you and your family are in my prayers.

Jul 4, 2010
My deepest condolences to Graham (BushBaby) and family, and all DR1 members for such a tragic loss. Ginnie (Lambada) was a very dear friend and we corresponded until three days ago. Again, I'm moved beyond words.

Mirador

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
It was a great shock to read about the passing away of Lambada.

We never had the privilege to meet her in person but we had several to the point discussions through DR1 and alway's enjoyed those immensly.

We therefore share the grieve with Graham and feel the deep loss.

Our sincerest condolences.

Peter and Hilde
(Belgiank and Acira)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I am very sorry we lost a friend. Ginnie was a wonderful person who will always be remembered. My deepest condolences to Grahame and the rest of her family. May her soul rest in peace.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Sorry to hear the sad news. Like many I never met her but I can say I have read hundreds of her posts. She has made the lives of so many of us living here in the D.R. so much better due to her endless energy and desire to improve all of our lives. Her posts will continue to help hundreds of newbies for many years to come.
Thanks Lambada

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
I too am finding this difficult to believe. We have lost a courageous, intelligent and generous friend and human being, never afraid to tell it like it is but always, I believe, with overall concern for the person seeking advice. That her patience didn?t snap more often is nothing short of a miracle. She has helped some very na?ve people over the years, including myself!

Just a few days ago Ginnie asked me if she could use something I'd said about her first book to promote the next and she was so full of life, enthusiasm etc., trying to make things better until the last. Then just a day or two ago I was reading the thread about whether ExPats regret their decision to move here or if they would still make the same decision today and Ginnie was so adamant that she wouldn't change a thing. I loved what someone said about her being with the man she loved, in the place she loved, doing what she loved....what better epitaph could anyone have, especially when what she was doing helped so many?

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Grahame. I know you will miss "she who must be obeyed" immensely. If there is anything you need, you just have to ask. Condolences also to family and friends; she had very many.

RIP Ginnie.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
What a way to start a day. I can't believe what I am reading. This is a true loss to dr1 and to puerto plata community. Ginnie and I go back a long time.
I wish her and her family peace and may she rest in heaven.
AZB

fidget

Sep 2, 2004
My condolences to her family and friends. I didn't know her personally, but when reading her posts I always enjoyed her insight, humour and intelligence. She will be missed a lot.

?

? bient?t

I can't believe it! I didn't click on the thread before, as I thought it was the same one about someone leaving the DR.

I went out jogging this morning, and I kept thinking how I had promised her something, but I had yet to deliver. I was thinking about her books and flying airplanes and things she's done. I am truly sad.

I DO NOT know what to say.

If anyone has Grahame's number, please PM it to me, with permission, of course. I spoke with them once, but I can't find the # now.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I am deeply shocked and at a loss for words. Grahame and Ginnie have been friends of mine for 16 years, and were one of the first couples I met when I moved to POP.
My heart goes out to you dearest Grahame, and I wish I could be there to help you through this tragedy.
I will miss your emails Ginnie, they were always a highlight in my day. May you rest in peace, my dear dear soul.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
This is such a shock.
Ginnie held a special place in all of us.
RIP Ginnie
My condolences to Grahame.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I am shocked...

What a sad day for the DR. Ginnie, your heart of gold will truly be missed. You were one of the true selfless givers. Grahame, I know how much you loved her, my heart goes out to you on the loss of your best friend. Take care, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.