It's Sooooooo HOT!!!!

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
We only used the AC three times in the bedroom this summer. Living proximo la playa has its advantages.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Getting Nippy

For the second day we have strong winds from the South*, which is unusual.
It's getting cooler up here in the hills (300m MSL).

But we do have a fireplace for those December / January evenings... :bunny:

donP

*)
Normal wind patter is NE. Kids are not amused, as S does not permit kitesurfing. :(

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I think I am on the record as having stated at some point in the past that I found the recent temps just a tad on the caliente side of hell. I read how y'all are eagerly awaiting the arrival of "winter" and let me be the first to say, I think you're all nuts. Over the years I've been here in Jan, Feb, Mar. & Apr. and it's still friggin hot. Granted not as hot as in the summer but as far as my body was concerned the difference between hot summer and hot winter was and still is a matter of degree (pun - I just slay myself sometimes).

For me, it's getting better. My mental outlook has improved to the point that I have resigned myself to knowing that cool fall days and downright frosty winter temps are a thing of the past and lamenting about them while melting on my terrace just makes me feel worse.

I've come to appreciate the immediate relief one experiences when one steps from the sunshine into the shade. I too look forward to the cooler temps of winter (may they arrive tomorrow) but I am convinced that I will still be heard complaining that it's too hot to roll over in bed.

Mentally though, I've stopped hoping for another ice age and accept (as someone so eloquently put it), my Dominican Sheen. Thank the stars, for pools, A/C, ice cubes, and insulated thermoses full of frosty blended beverages bursting with nutritious alcohol laden nectar and of course all the complaining y'all are doing...it really does make me feel better...because misery loves company.

Now I have to go shoot the dogs, watching them run around the pool is making me sweat...

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Hottest summer I can remember in the last 9 years. Or at least the longest hottest summer. Usually by mid October things are cooling off, especially at night... not this year yet.

Bob K

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
I hope the nice hot weather stays for a bit..would not mind 30 C for my trip at the end of November :). But as long as there a no heavy and really long rainfalls like during my last trip in August its all good

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I hear ya Julia31. As a tourist I always wanted a rain free stay or at least as little as possible. The reality is we need rain here badly. Not just an evening shower or two, we need a deluge of almost biblical proportions. We need a week of rain, the tropical kind that amounts to buckets full and causes swimming pools to overflow. The rivers are dry, the reservoirs are really low. Some have to truck in water for domestic purposes because there is just not enough to go around.

I hope you have a good stay and more than half of your time is rain free, but if it does rain, please accept and celebrate it with the rest of us knowing that it is badly needed. ...and it's a warm rain...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Am I the only one feeling the heat this month???
Showering every hour, taking on lots of cold drinks, air conditioner on most of the time and still....I'm smokin'!!!
I can't remember an October like it!!!

I'm melting, melting, melt........ohhhhhhhhh! That's what it feels like.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Thinking I was the only one complaining... thank you. Now I know that I'm not old enough to the point of having hot flashes....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i cannot wait to go home for xmas because it looks like this may be the only way to experience some cooler weather.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I can't wait to get out of the cooler weather

Lake Huron today
strong winds, cold, leaves blowing off the trees....

get me out of here......

and WestJet still has the pet travel heat embargo in effect until Friday - go figure

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I can't wait to get out of the cooler weather

Lake Huron today
strong winds, cold, leaves blowing off the trees....

get me out of here......

and WestJet still has the pet travel heat embargo in effect until Friday - go figure

William stop! You are going to leave the nice chilly weather right now to go to an inferno? Don't do it! :( Wait until it cools off a bit in paradise.:)

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
My heart bleeds for those not enjoying the warmth, i have 6 months to wait to return to enjoy that glorious climate. -C weather coming soon to Toronto. sigh.......time and money = freedom

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
William stop! You are going to leave the nice chilly weather right now to go to an inferno? Don't do it! :( Wait until it cools off a bit in paradise.:)

I'm in 'count down' mode...... the sands of time are slipping through the hourglass

BxBoy... cue me in ...."Leavin' on a Jet Plane, Don't know when I 'll be back again......."

The 'nice' fall weather is over..... just the crap weather about to hit the fan

been here over 2 months now..... my longest stretch 'off island' in quite a while:(

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
HEAT????
It was 65 degrees in SD last night!!!!!!!
In MY BEDROOM!!!!!!!!!
I am ?THINKING? about going to Boston forChristmas this year.
THAT takes ?BALLS?!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The cloud formations overhead suggest that we might just get some rain this afternoon. I hope we get enough to quell the surge in humidity that is sure to follow a brief shower.

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Im planning a trip north just for cold weather...Gonna go to the coldest place in the states for a few days to remember how much i hate the cold ; )

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Im planning a trip north just for cold weather...Gonna go to the coldest place in the states for a few days to remember how much i hate the cold ; )

I have done that...... a relief to leave.

The change of seasons is something that 'Northerners' are attuned to.... and miss
the world doesn't seem round without them

I look forward to a return to NA in May
I enjoy a few weeks in the fall

the snow ? the frigid temps ? ......not so much

skin is better, bones/joints are better....

bad news ??
cadavers rot faster..........