It's Sooooooo HOT!!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We haven't used the a/c this year, which we almost never do anyway, but our bedrooms are even cooler than usual because the neighbours downstairs seem to be running their a/c practically 24/7.

Our floors are like an ice rink and I can only wonder about their electricity bill.

jeff76

Dec 30, 2012
Sounds rough it being so hot there. I'm waking up to frost on the ground and we should see snow soon, lol. I'd trade to hot for cold weather anytime, lol.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I can't wait to get out of the cooler weather

Lake Huron today
strong winds, cold, leaves blowing off the trees....

get me out of here......

and WestJet still has the pet travel heat embargo in effect until Friday - go figure

Ahhh fall weather. Brisk breeze, color change (leaves). Sometimes I just miss it, especially now. But you take the good with the bad living in "paradise".

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I don't think it's hotter than last October. I will check my next light bill to see if I am right. I enjoy Nov-March here

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I think I am on the record as having stated at some point in the past that I found the recent temps just a tad on the caliente side of hell. I read how y'all are eagerly awaiting the arrival of "winter" and let me be the first to say, I think you're all nuts. Over the years I've been here in Jan, Feb, Mar. & Apr. and it's still friggin hot. Granted not as hot as in the summer but as far as my body was concerned the difference between hot summer and hot winter was and still is a matter of degree (pun - I just slay myself somet

For me, it's getting better. My mental outlook has improved to the point that I have resigned myself to knowing that cool fall days and downright frosty winter temps are a thing of the past and lamenting about them while melting on my terrace just makes me feel worse.

I've come to appreciate the immediate relief one experiences when one steps from the sunshine into the shade. I too look forward to the cooler temps of winter (may they arrive tomorrow) but I am convinced that I will still be heard complaining that it's too hot to roll over in bed.

Mentally though, I've stopped hoping for another ice age and accept (as someone so eloquently put it), my Dominican Sheen. Thank the stars, for pools, A/C, ice cubes, and insulated thermoses full of frosty blended beverages bursting with nutritious alcohol laden nectar and of course all the complaining y'all are doing...it really does make me feel better...because misery loves company.

Now I have to go shoot the dogs, watching them run around the pool is making me sweat...

got dawgs runnin round the pool, and he's bitchin.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
It's 6.48am and I'm sitting infront of a lovely fire with a cup of hot chocolate and Ready Brek watching morning news, need to get warmed up before I head out into the freezing cold car and drive off up that crispy, leave covered lane, watching the vapour bellow out of my mouth like a hamlet. I have to say I'm not looking forward to getting back home, to the heat and hassle.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Am I the only one feeling the heat this month???
Showering every hour, taking on lots of cold drinks, air conditioner on most of the time and still....I'm smokin'!!!
I can't remember an October like it!!!

Well, everyone is complaining about the heat. It's not only gringos!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm leaving Saturday.... move to the Great Lakes......

It will be coooold here from now on.....
furnaces failed last winter at -40

btw......... at -40 the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales meet

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
LOL! Lucky you, can't wait for the cold weather to kick in. This weekend in the high's
upper 40's and at night in the upper 30's. Yeah!

Just reading your post makes me shiver. I'll stick with 80 degrees pretty much year around. Too many cold Montana days and nights in my history to want any more.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Just reading your post makes me shiver. I'll stick with 80 degrees pretty much year around. Too many cold Montana days and nights in my history to want any more.

Temperatures in the 80's I can tolerate. But once it hits the 90's and the humidity kicks in it's time to leave the DR for cooler weather.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
So much complaining about the heat........... What did you all expect here. I have no AC a fan not worth a damn and nowhere near water. Still here. Just be very still and sip the presidents slowly and keep on ice. Or do like the natives and put on long pants and cotton shirt with dress shoes.....Seems to work for them. But like most I cant wait till May and I head to our cool Canadian summer for work in AC

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Temperatures in the 80's I can tolerate. But once it hits the 90's and the humidity kicks in it's time to leave the DR for cooler weather.

Beautiful thing about living on a boat in the Caribbean is that there is always a nice breeze, and you can always just dive right in if the heat gets overbearing. You just need to stay out of the engine room cause it is HOT. Glad you're enjoying the cool weather..

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Beautiful thing about living on a boat in the Caribbean is that there is always a nice breeze, and you can always just dive right in if the heat gets overbearing. You just need to stay out of the engine room cause it is HOT. Glad you're enjoying the cool weather..

Thanks! So you are living on a boat? How nice! What a view of the sky at night.:)