JCE and migracion will take digital fingerprints of everyone entering and leaving DR

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I fear abuse with the information. I cannot see this info as being secure.

I do wish we could have it done with our passports. What better way to keep criminals out of any country. It may sound harsh but I.m OK to have any info attached to my passport issued by my country and when entering any country they can decide whether to allow me in or not.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I do wish we could have it done with our passports. What better way to keep criminals out of any country. It may sound harsh but I.m OK to have any info attached to my passport issued by my country and when entering any country they can decide whether to allow me in or not.

I understand they are planning on holding the biometric info on computers in the DR.

I am getting the feeling I am the only one worried. I am being paranoid I guess.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Banks warn they will not accept the old Cedula

From now only the new Cedula will be accepted for banking operations and for hiring new services. The announcement was made ​​by several banks through their Twitter accounts and messages through emails to their customers.

Among the banks that make the reminder of the expiration of the old document are the Popular, BHD-Le?n and the Caribbean.

The message sent by the Bank BHD-Leon says:

"We inform you that as of July 1, 2015 will only be accepted the new electoral identity card for your banking needs and for the hiring of new services. If you still have not made ​​the switch, it is important that you address cedulaci?n centers of the Central Electoral Board. "

For his part, the Popular Bank posted on its Twitter account Popularenlinea. "Remember that the use of the new cedula is mandatory tomorrow for all banking operations"

On this Resolution is to be recalled that the plenary of the Central Electoral Board (JCE) at its meeting of December 15, 2014, it adopted resolution No. 051201 declaring the expiration of the old cedula card issued in 1998, used by its carriers to perform acts of civil life. According to the resolution, as of January 10, 2015 the old identity card would not be valid. At that earlier time, commercial banks were allowed to continue indefinitely accepting clients using the old certificate transactions.

- See more at: El Caribe ? Bancos avisan que no aceptar?n la c?dula vieja

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I told you here, the new Cedula will be required for all tasks one must carry out daily in the DR.

No new Cedula, no services.

And just to give DR1 members and readers alike a heads-up: This will also come to be required on all existing accounts by the cell phone providers, including TV and internet services, utilities, insurance, etc...

The most interesting thing will be when the go ahead is given to marry the database with the professional/licensed records.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I understand they are planning on holding the biometric info on computers in the DR.

I am getting the feeling I am the only one worried. I am being paranoid I guess.

The system is secured.

From outside access it can only be read to a certain level before data is encrypted for upper and more personal data. Encryption will vary by access destination and requests. Banks will get a certain access to a block of your data, no more than what it needs. Hospitals will get access to very minimal data other than health records and ID, family contacts, etc...

Police will have the least access unless a judge clears the request or it's carried out by the state security service.

Each access of data will get a record stamp.

You can read the data, but can't change it from the outside, even if hacked.

The DR is linking its own criminal database with that of other countries. We'll detect sexual predators before they are allowed to step out from immigration controls.

The access controls are at the request query to the system. Not on the card itself. It's a smart system on a dumb card. By the time you realize what's being done, you'll understand that the ID card itself is the least important piece of the system.

There are many ways to verify your identity match, other than just by the card you produce given the databank.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
The system is secured.

From outside access it can only be read to a certain level before data is encrypted for upper and more personal data. Encryption will vary by access destination and requests. Banks will get a certain access to a block of your data, no more than what it needs. Hospitals will get access to very minimal data other than health records and ID, family contacts, etc...

Police will have the least access unless a judge clears the request or it's carried out by the state security service.

Each access of data will get a record stamp.

You can read the data, but can't change it from the outside, even if hacked.

The DR is linking its own criminal database with that of other countries. We'll detect sexual predators before they are allowed to step out from immigration controls.

The access controls are at the request query to the system. Not on the card itself. It's a smart system on a dumb card. By the time you realize what's being done, you'll understand that the ID card itself is the least important piece of the system.

There are many ways to verify your identity match, other than just by the card you produce given the databank.

LOL The system is secure. The US government cannot secure their systems....the DR has something new? LOL

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
o.k.,
i understand that the ole cedulas are no longer valid, that was announced before, so now the banks do their step.
my question:
a foreigner can open and manage bank accounts with a valid passport, right?

Mike

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Banks warn they will not accept the old Cedula

From now only the new Cedula will be accepted for banking operations and for hiring new services. The announcement was made ​​by several banks through their Twitter accounts and messages through emails to their customers.

Among the banks that make the reminder of the expiration of the old document are the Popular, BHD-Le?n and the Caribbean.

The message sent by the Bank BHD-Leon says:

"We inform you that as of July 1, 2015 will only be accepted the new electoral identity card for your banking needs and for the hiring of new services. If you still have not made ​​the switch, it is important that you address cedulaci?n centers of the Central Electoral Board. "

For his part, the Popular Bank posted on its Twitter account Popularenlinea. "Remember that the use of the new cedula is mandatory tomorrow for all banking operations"

On this Resolution is to be recalled that the plenary of the Central Electoral Board (JCE) at its meeting of December 15, 2014, it adopted resolution No. 051201 declaring the expiration of the old cedula card issued in 1998, used by its carriers to perform acts of civil life. According to the resolution, as of January 10, 2015 the old identity card would not be valid. At that earlier time, commercial banks were allowed to continue indefinitely accepting clients using the old certificate transactions.

- See more at: El Caribe ? Bancos avisan que no aceptar?n la c?dula vieja

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I told you here, the new Cedula will be required for all tasks one must carry out daily in the DR.

No new Cedula, no services.

And just to give DR1 members and readers alike a heads-up: This will also come to be required on all existing accounts by the cell phone providers, including TV and internet services, utilities, insurance, etc...

The most interesting thing will be when the go ahead is given to marry the database with the professional/licensed records.

So. Tourists can no longer have their own cell phones?

Good move.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
i don't believe such.
it would be a stupid move.
visitors rent and buy prepaid cellphones and Data-SIMs all the time, such is used around the globe,
it would not make any sense to close such market for the DR providers.

Mike

Pichardo says so....it must be true. He speaks for this government.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I do not use banks in the DR as I do not pay taxes on my money in my country I use my debit cards here at the ATMs.
Mike if people cannot open bank accounts with passports or buy cellphones cable internet etc etc then there us no way you will be able to buy land houses or condos or rent houses or apartments or buy vehicles to people with out cedulas according to Pichardo. Well thats how it looks to me anyway.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Well the USA has my biometric data and the with all those wikileaks and recent hacks there I guess DR who hold the same data might be a safer bet.

I have to agree ju10 I dont see the big deal in the fingerprinting of visitors its done in the USA and other countries some people just are not used to it I have traveled and worked in a few different countries quite a bit so to me its nothing.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
o.k.,
i understand that the ole cedulas are no longer valid, that was announced before, so now the banks do their step.
my question:
a foreigner can open and manage bank accounts with a valid passport, right?

Mike

exactly! the fact that old cedulas will not be accepted does not mean that only new cedulas will be accepted for transactions.

PICHARDO?S postulate is a fallacy of composition.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
exactly! the fact that old cedulas will not be accepted does not mean that only new cedulas will be accepted for transactions.

PICHARDO?S postulate is a fallacy of composition.

His core information is seeming becoming reality but a wee bit of speculation too in his announcements one suspects.

This is nothing new to me about requiring your document of right to abode in a country as being required to hold a bank account. Every island in the Caribbean I have lived n does so. Equally for post paid telephone and other data services.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
His core information is seeming becoming reality but a wee bit of speculation too in his announcements one suspects.

This is nothing new to me about requiring your document of right to abode in a country as being required to hold a bank account. Every island in the Caribbean I have lived n does so. Equally for post paid telephone and other data services.

in Jamaica you can open a bank account with notarized copies of your passport. then again, you did not say you lived there.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
my question: a foreigner can open and manage bank accounts with a valid passport, right?

Today, a foreigner without a cedula may still open/maintain a bank account at some of the banks in the DR with a passport and some other required documentation, not at all banks though. This will not always be the case and in the near future, if you need/want a bank account you will be required to have a cedula.

When the cedula requirement is adopted by all banks, those with existing accounts and no cedula will be asked to make other arrangements and close their current accounts.

I am not at all surprised by the new fingerprint requirements at the ports and expect many more instances of where this data will be collected and used as a matter of routine. Finger prints are captured at Migracion, JCE, for driver's licenses, for firearms etc. It is only a matter of time until this shows up at vehicles registration offices, and other Govt. depts as well as key civilian institutions and service providers.

For the past year, my fingerprints have been scattered all over this country. My passport has a worn stripe down the centre from all the fondling by Govt. functionaries and civilian customer service people. My picture has been taken more often than I can remember. My cedula is still pretty pristine but that will change soon I am sure.

I can't say I am enthusiastic about all of this data that is being collected about me here or at home. It is just what it is. If you don't want to travel, driver a car, talk on the phone, watch TV, use a bank, get credit, own property you can to a large extend minimize the amount of data droppings you leave behind, but these days, you can't completely eliminate it and sooner or later, while hopscotching through daily life, everyone encounters a wall. It just is and since none of us can change that, we just have to grudgingly accept it.

Thx Big Govt. - By the people for the people, my a$$.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Well the USA has my biometric data and the with all those wikileaks and recent hacks there I guess DR who hold the same data might be a safer bet.

oooh yes.
of course the DR is the more trustable government to have data stored than the USA.
the USA sells your stuff and your soul to he thighest bidder to please their own selfish interests.

Mike