Juan Dolio Beach Regeneration

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Juan Dolio - New South Beach

...the secretary of tourismo has just announced the 'torres' up to 20 floors high will be allowed to be built on the non-beach side of the street.
Looks like South Beach a la Republicca Dominicana is well under way!!

The secretary of Tourism, Felix Jim?nez, announced that within the goals to diversify the tourist supply of the country contemplates to turn to Juan Dolio to ?South Beach? of the Caribbean or prepared zone to receive the visit of important personalities, specially of the jet-set international . In addition, he informed that two Marinas in the area will be constructed, and the one between Juan Dolio and the Hig?ano river, which will attract a greater number of tourists of high consumption. Jim?nez offered the details during the Breakfast of DAILY newspaper LIST?N Diario... Jim?nez announced that in this period of government the construction of towers of up to 15 and 20 floors will be authorized in Juan Dolio. Nevertheless, it informed that they have unified the development norms, and consequently, buildings one next to the other will not be able to be constructed. It indicated that there will be a minimum of meters to allow people to walk by the inner streets, to see the sea and the gardens of the area. ?They will not settle down more density of 400 rooms by hectare, if it is allowed: for example a rate of minimum occupying of terrain for projects would be a 40 percent of development, in that case would allow the construction of 10 floors?, explained the secretary of Tourism. It showed that when the rate of occupying of terrain is 30 percent will be equivalent to 15 floors, and that when it has a rate of 25 percent will have 20 floors. The new projects that would be developed in the zone will be of between 10 and 20 floors. Transformation From the past year in Juan Dolio the real estate tourism is being developed and many foreigners are doing of this country his second house, as far as investing in houses and apartments, explained Jim?nez. It needed that due to the natural wealth in this zone and its enormous potential as destiny, has conquered to a segment of the tourist sector of high spending power?

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Is Juan Dolio a municipality, or is it directly governed by the corrupt people that run SPM?

Samantha18

Jun 7, 2003
@ Steve: Thanks!

@ MommC: Thank you too!That would be nice!Can you take some of the "main" beach too?I mean the public beach from Don Pedros bar to the little "bar" that sells water etc.
Is it true that the men with the umbrellas and chairs are not allowed anymore to work there`?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Yes it's true.....no umbrellas and also no pic's today. Forgot it was a holiday tomorrow and the street is crazy so I'll try to do it in the morning before it becomes a zoo.
The beach is gorgeous but I've heard there are a lot of leeches in the sand and small water snakes in the water. Can't say I've seen it myself because I haven't been to the beach for more than a quick stroll since we got back but I'll do my best to post the picks on my blog wither tomorrow or Tues.

Sendnuluv

Jan 14, 2007
This may be a silly question, but how long are they expecting the beach and new sand to stay??

Is it something they will continually maintain, adding more sand whenever needed?

Negril's 7 mile beach in Jamaica is loosing it's beach as well. The hotels are bringing in sand but it has no real long term effect as the problem is continually getting worse. Before long the sea will be lapping up at the edge of their properties.

Samantha18

Jun 7, 2003
Not so silly at all.What happens after a hurricane for example?

ahmmmm...What abour the photos?;-)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Sorry Sam......PapaTony is in hospital in San Pedro and I'm a little pre-occupied right now. Unfortunately pictures after dark don't turn out to well.
I will post some I promise (will put them up on my blog and post that they're there).......just bear with me a bit.....

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I'm sure he will be Sam. He's got some very good Drs. (and one excellent bruha) looking after him and is already starting to repond to treatment (even if they don't quite know exactly what's making him ill---blood cultures take time to culture).
However this one women band is being kept VERY busy (but I now know I can 'make it' down here by myself if need be!).
So give me a few more days and you'll have more pic's than imaginable to see ('course I really need to find a 'host' for them 'cause my blog account is almost full!!- any suggestions out there???)