Mariana Downing is Miss DR representative to Miss Universe

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
JnRdRRa.webp

Plus, Ms Downing dress was designed by Leonel Lirio, a Dominican designer based in Santo Domingo. All she had to decide was to wear that dress, but those that thought of it, designed it, and made it are all Dominicans.

If it was something of a Puerto Rican or a Cuban or any other group designing and making the dress for a Dominican to wear in a pageant, I can see the insult. Otherwise it is nothing more than overreacting.
I just read about the competition. There is a plus size contestant and two transgender women. So doing things a bit differently could be a winner and not taking it to seriously. Great dress by Downing.

Reactions: Lucifer

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Many contestants wear customs based on their country's culture/heritage. Some not so great.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Alright, folks, it's high time I remind you of my predictions: Miss D.R. will charm the judges and the crowd, and sashay her way to the crown.

If not, then Miss Nicaragua or Miss Puerto Rico will walk away with the whole enchilada, but I'll break their hearts: I'm already taken.

• Haha
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Alright, folks, it's high time I remind you of my predictions: Miss D.R. will charm the judges and the crowd, and sashay her way to the crown.

If not, then Miss Nicaragua or Miss Puerto Rico will walk away with the whole enchilada, but I'll break their hearts: I'm already taken.
So the Miss Universe show only has Latino contestants?