Men in shorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Larry

Feb 17, 2007
Still talking about shorts?????

To me this is somewhat amazing, this thread is still alive? I think I'd like to change the subject......

Is it okay for a man to wear white socks with stripes or should they be solid white only? I mean in sneakers/tennis shoes, absolutly no sandals of course.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
sandals, wool socks and old spice cologne..

hola mami, cuanto cuesta ? :laugh:

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
I am starting to think that too many people have watched Gilligan's Island

There is no Mary-Anne and Ginger is a spice

However it's not completley " as primitive as can be "

Lights. motor cars...........Happy easter and may you find the promise land

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
Shorts

I live in the capital where shorts all the time even when I have meetings at the bank,atty,doctors office etc. Only time I ware long pants is if I go out to a nice rest. at nite. Don't care about other peoples opinions they don't pay my bills.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
To me this is somewhat amazing, this thread is still alive? I think I'd like to change the subject......

Is it okay for a man to wear white socks with stripes or should they be solid white only? I mean in sneakers/tennis shoes, absolutly no sandals of course.

I really enjoyed the toilet paper thread. Now that was a read!

G

gary short

I wore shorts in Santiago whilst doing some banking......and I got the destinct impression that all concerned thought I was flying at half mast......

donrc

Sep 30, 2006
Speedos

I am going to be in Puerto Plata on the 30th of the month, and I wear nothing but Speedos on the beach, and regular shorts out around. I do wear long pants to dinner. Anyone who doesn't like that, they better go elsewhere. Anywhere where it is very hot like Puerto Plata, that is what most people will be wearing, if that much.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
And of course you would be an expert on what people are wearing in Puerto Plata now wouldn't you! Good luck with that speedo.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i prefer the white speedos myself with black wool socks. it drives the women crazy on the beach.......:laugh:

i can't believe we're still talking about this !!

Sep 19, 2005
well I was on Sosua beach( actually up on the walk near all the little shops) Friday and Saturday, and i saw at least a half dozen guys walk by with a speedo....of course with the number of people there, thats makes the percentages obscenely low..and the guys wearing them...all over weight.....

the other thing I noticed....and it was really hard not to, with all the cat calls and hooting...was the number of transies walking the strip there....and soooo proud....there were a lot..and i hate to say it....but the concensous of the people around me and my GF was that one of them had done an UNBELIEVABLE job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow...thats embarrasing, to admit ..ha ha ha ha

bob

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
And of course you would be an expert on what people are wearing in Puerto Plata now wouldn't you! Good luck with that speedo.

so what are people wearing in POP these days ? is it as laxed as it is in sosua ?

MGoss

Mar 28, 2007
so can someone tell me why the locals all wore their jeans to swim? The feeling must be aweful!!

As far as bikini tops, walking around Cabarate, etc, we all just wore our bikini tops... I think its time that if some of the locals are offended, they should realize that times are changing, tourist industry is a big money winner for them and that just because we might be so hot and comfortable that we walk around with our bikini tops on does not mean we are loose or anything else. In time, I really cannot see it as an issue, I think that is all it is.

I love the Domincan people, the cultures, the island, everything but I did not realize that I would be considered "Loose" because I was wearing a bikini top on my vacation.

C

Chip00

so can someone tell me why the locals all wore their jeans to swim? The feeling must be aweful!!

As far as bikini tops, walking around Cabarate, etc, we all just wore our bikini tops... I think its time that if some of the locals are offended, they should realize that times are changing, tourist industry is a big money winner for them and that just because we might be so hot and comfortable that we walk around with our bikini tops on does not mean we are loose or anything else. In time, I really cannot see it as an issue, I think that is all it is.

I love the Domincan people, the cultures, the island, everything but I did not realize that I would be considered "Loose" because I was wearing a bikini top on my vacation.

Not all Dominicans swim in their jeans, some do it it their underwear too!

Dominicans won't think you're a floozy if you wear you bikini top in the market because they know you are a foreigner.

I swim in a t-shirt and cap with my young daughters and honestly it doesn't bother me one bit. I'm just glad to be able to wake up the next day without being cooked!

I also go around in jeans and that doesn't bother me either. The sun is vey hot here and the humidity is low so their isn't a whole lot of difference between using shorts. It might feel marginally warmer with pants but then again one doesn't have the sun cooking the skin until it's burn't crisp.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Not all Dominicans wear shorts or pants.

Driving through the rice paddies going to SFM from the Autopista, I was :surprised SHOCKED :eek: to see several workers in the fields stark buck-ass nekkid...

Status
Not open for further replies.