Murder in cabrera

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Heard last night that 3 were arrested... the police think that this group is also responsible for the death in square earlier in the year .... also a knife death

here's the report from diario libre:
Tres detenidos por muerte de extranjera - DiarioLibre.com

life has never been a particularly valuable commodity. that's not it. what scares me is that there are so many people now who have zero control over themselves. emotional and mental cripples. what kind of mind sees murder as a great solution to current problems?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
it amazes me how cheap life is here. i just look at all these reports, and wonder what is going on. every few weeks, some gringo being butchered. not to mention Dominicans being butchered. a motoconcho guy killed a lady for 5 pesos, some time back. so much for these "conservative values" that certain posters imagine to abound here..

RIP, Gina.
There is also a "Rats in a Cage" syndrome present in some areas of the DR...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
In Cobrania, the family pays for the bullets, and auctioning the perps belongings pays for the trial.

in my kingdom, we let the guys who have no money to pay for the show see it free, then pay later for their ticket, with interest. if they don't pay, they are a part of the next show.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
in my kingdom, we let the guys who have no money to pay for the show see it free, then pay later for their ticket, with interest. if they don't pay, they are a part of the next show.
I hereby appoint you Minister of Setting the Sh!t Straight

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
According to the above "Diario Libre" link, one of the "Detained" was Gina's downstairs neighbor.
Cris C.

I thought so too, but when reading again it's an example of how they mess up names in the newspaper. Richt Jevan Someran most probably is Gina van Someren, the victim. She apparently lived on the first floor of that residencial. At least that's what I concluded.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I thought so too, but when reading again it's an example of how they mess up names in the newspaper. Richt Jevan Someran most probably is Gina van Someren, the victim. She apparently lived on the first floor of that residencial. At least that's what I concluded.

not just the names, but all the information.

i think it has something to do with 4% for education.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
not just the names, but all the information.

i think it has something to do with 4% for education.

Listin Diario also calls her (the victim) Richt Jevan Someran, so I guess it's illegible in the police report, and possible her full name in the passport is Richtje van Someren.

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
Just want to confirm I have heard the same info as WW has posted. She was not decapitated, as the photo of her shows a cut throat, but not decapitated. She worked at a salon, she did not own the salon. Word on the street today says they have caught the murderer in Nagua, he has confessed and the police have found the knife. It is still believed to be a crime of passion. Once again, ALL of this info is unconfirmed by the authorities, just talk on the street. Gina's parents are arriving tonight. There will be some sort of memorial service for her soon. I will try to keep the board updated. I would like to add that not just the foreign community in Cabrera is traumatized. Gina knew and worked with countless Dominicans in Cabrera over the years and many of them are grieving also. K

Dukette

Jul 18, 2013
Gina was well-liked by many people. Her parents are also well liked. People are grieving everywhere. Thank you Kozy for the up-dates. We are heartsick.

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
I know she wasnt decapitated, just wanted to tell how they horify the story for the press. its allready terrible enough as it is

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Have heard the same as Kozy, that the murderer has been caught. Thank goodness!! It does not take away the pain but my goodness, it feels good to know that this bastard is no longer free in our town.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Have heard the same as Kozy, that the murderer has been caught. Thank goodness!! It does not take away the pain but my goodness, it feels good to know that this bastard is no longer free in our town.

TravelHippo, when you add "in our town", it somehow does not sound so right. just sayin...

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
What?? I don't really understand what you are trying to say? Wouldn't you say 'our town' about the town you live in, have lived in for 5+ years, and the place you call home if it were anywhere else in the world? Or if you are implying that I am just happy that he is not free in our town, opposed to free in general.. no I am obviously happy that he is not free anywhere in this world, but I am saying this as someone living in the centre of a very close-knit, small community that is absolutely heartbroken, where I know that everyone in our town will be saying the same tonight.

Anyway... a very odd thing for you to point out... especially on this thread....

TravelHippo, when you add "in our town", it somehow does not sound so right. just sayin...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What?? I don't really understand what you are trying to say? Wouldn't you say 'our town' about the town you live in, have lived in for 5+ years, and the place you call home if it were anywhere else in the world? Or if you are implying that I am just happy that he is not free in our town, opposed to free in general.. no I am obviously happy that he is not free anywhere in this world, but I am saying this as someone living in the centre of a very close-knit, small community that is absolutely heartbroken, where I know that everyone in our town will be saying the same tonight.

Anyway... a very odd thing for you to point out... especially on this thread....

no need to get wired. i am just saying that it would have sounded better if you had simply said that you are glad they caught his mangy ass, instead of stating that you are happy he is not loose in your town. it has that NIMBY ring to it. ask your friends what they think....

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Where your home is, is your town ? what is this guy saying ? You cant say at your town cuz you are not dominican ? :p i hope that guy is a dominican

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Where your home is, is your town ? what is this guy saying ? You cant say at your town cuz you are not dominican ? :p i hope that guy is a dominican

are you paying attention? the poster said that he is glad that they caught the guy, and that he is no longer loose in 'our town" i merely said that it would have come out better if he had simply said that he was glad the guy was caught. aww..forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.