My dog got poisoned.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Sorry to hear this!

But this can be avoided if you take precautions to train your dog:

My dogs were trained since young NOT to eat anything (anywhere, even on their food plate, unless they see one of us put it there and give it to them) around the house or provided to them.

We used a very spicy chile in some of his favorite foods and placed them all around the house, including the garbage bins.
We also had strangers swing some juicy meats over the fence directly onto them.

Needless to say, after a few hit and misses, they got the message!

The worst offenders were the small dogs. I seriously was thinking they liked their food extra spiced or something, but later we learned it had to do more with the smell of the foods used to entice them.

If they see food on their dishes, they will not touch it, unless we first pick it up in their visual field and place it in front of them.

We test this every 6 months to reinforce their memory.

This is the first time I have used this feature but I like how this beauty, PICHARDO, uses this opportunity to show off his intelligence. Nothing like kicking a man while his down, aka, losing his dog.

Jesus Harlysock!!!! what were you thinking you coulda woulda should consulted PICHARDO's book of tricks before owning a
dog.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
It's not his fault, he's domunican and therefore emotionally stunted when it comes to animals.

He does have a point though, if you live near others with chickens or goats etc bits worth training them to only feed at a certain time and only from certain people.

But lets not drift, i wanna hear when harleys off to wet'n'wild, fingers Xed.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
OMG Harley I am so, so sorry. I know how much you love your dogs and I have to say I would want to slaughter anyone who did it to mine. I hope to goodness the vet can help with the renal failure...

We have had a similar problem suddenly pop up here in PC. A friend of mine walks her dog (without a leash) from home to work (not far) and unfortunately the dog eats everything. Yesterday she ate poison. Security told her later that someone put it down because they were fed up of the dogs and it isn't rat poison but something stronger called Tres Pasitas... in other words eat it, walk three steps and bang - the dog goes down. It was aimed at a couple of the dogs that these 'so called humans' don't like. If only I could feed it to them and see how they like it!

Anyway, the poor dog is not eating or drinking much, being looked after by her owner and the vet.. hugs to those of you who are going through this. Sometimes Christmas time SUCKS .... I am keeping a very tight reign on my girl, I can tell you! No more freedom for a while :(

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
So sorry Harleysrock, really hope you woke up to good news about your beloved 4 legged friend

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
willy brugal paiewonsky, a vet from POP told me few weeks ago that they had again several cases of poisoning of dogs. it seems to be periodical. he said sometimes dogs pull through if medicated and taken care of. viralatas often have quite a lot of power...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It's not his fault, he's domunican and therefore emotionally stunted when it comes to animals.

He does have a point though, if you live near others with chickens or goats etc bits worth training them to only feed at a certain time and only from certain people.

But lets not drift, i wanna hear when harleys off to wet'n'wild, fingers Xed.

two words will suffice, Smart; "it's PICHARDO"

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
My sweet one eyed 1 year old Dominican dog has been poisoned, she is in renal failure :(

If some one tries to come over my fence I will aim for the nuts and sick my rotties and pit to chew on the bloody area!

At least I knew this was probably going to happen at some point so I was prepared mentally....sigh...

Sorry to hear! But, if they do not care about human beings, you think they are going to care about dogs? Welcome to the Islands! This is not the US where a dog is treated like a Human being!
Sorry!

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
We put her down, there was nothing we could do she was too far gone and would have died in a few days.
Dr Bob said it could have been kidney disease as she was always kind of sickly.
Thank you for all the comments and support.

I'm really sorry, Harley. A pet is a part of the family and the loss is devastating.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think harley took the doggy to the vet today to see what can be done. we should see an update later today.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We put her down, there was nothing we could do she was too far gone and would have died in a few days.

So sorry about doggy. I missed it earlier.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i missed the last update. sorry to hear the doggy died. you did what was best for her and saved her from further pain. hugs to you and wife. more hugs to all your dogs and cats. keep strong.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

i am so sad to hear this. i guess you made a well measured decision to do the appropriate thing, under the circumstances.

peace out, my brother.

sicknote

Jun 9, 2009
sorry to hear about you dog,,,,i got lots of supporting posts when we rescued a dog a few weeks ago,,,,its realy nice to see the support and encouragement when its needed,,,,,,,be strong and be aware

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
She didn't eat her dinner and is looking so depressed, weak and fragile. :-(

I think we will take her tomorrow to Dr Bob to get her put down. She has less than 7% blood left. I wanted to take her today but the Wife wanted one more day with her and I think DR Bob wanted to see if the meds would help.

Hope it doesn't have get to that point my friend, keep the faith and a little prayer may work wonders!!!!!!!

May 29, 2006
Sorry about your loss..

1510563_681830145191180_2065570667_n.jpg