My dog got poisoned.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
It's heartbreaking to lose a pet when they've become part of the family. It's no wonder a dog is called a man's best friend.

My heart goes out to you and your wife, Harley.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This happens so often, we should have a "Sticky Thread" just for us when members of our FAMILY are killed!
Just remember, "Karma" will punish the "Perps"!
Our "Duquesa" is "Making More" as I post.
We will have some really nice "Kids" in about two months.
We can hold one for you "Harley".
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
As far as "PEE BOY" is considered, a Steak will trump his "So Called" training, EVERY TIME!!!!

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Sorry Harley, but well done, a weaker person may hace allowed the suffering to prolong unduely. It's a strange feeling after putting a dog down under these circumsttances, relieved its all mover, but devestated en innocent life as cut short through no fault of her own.

Peace bro, just get on and enjoy xmas with the rest of the pack.

This happens so often, we should have a "Sticky Thread" just for us when members of our FAMILY are killed!
Just remember, "Karma" will punish the "Perps"!
Our "Duquesa" is "Making More" as I post.
We will have some really nice "Kids" in about two months.
We can hold one for you "Harley".
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
As far as "PEE BOY" is considered, a Steak will trump his "So Called" training, EVERY TIME!!!!

I don't think we are ready for another dog, the 5 we have keep us very busy. Thank you though, I appreciate the thought :)

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Im so sorry harley, it just hurts every time i read about a dog getting poisoned :cry: I just don't get the point in doing this, its so senseless

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Im so sorry harley, it just hurts every time i read about a dog getting poisoned :cry: I just don't get the point in doing this, its so senseless

Not if you have chicks and livestock that are being effected, often perfectly reasonable people are left with no alternative. This is not the case un Harleys case, but if dogs were threatening my livestock and i knew shooting them would have consequences then maybe. But yes, shooting or relocating is best, but depends.
It is not always senceless but, often badly thought out. Its nasty when innocent dogs get caught up. Especially domesticated dogs, pets are peoples families.
When i lived un morrocco a guy poisoned our dogs who were there to protect our goats. In return i diluted his drinking water with 134sdf of LSD and watched him go nuts forma around two weeks.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Smart, can you tell us a story about the guy who didn't know he was trippin. I know you got a few. That had to make a few great photo opps.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
We put her down, there was nothing we could do she was too far gone and would have died in a few days.
Dr Bob said it could have been kidney disease as she was always kind of sickly.
Thank you for all the comments and support.

Oh HUGS Harley, I am so, so sorry. At least she is in doggy heaven now freely chasing whatever she wants. Thank you for loving her for the short time she was with you, you are a wonderful person. And for putting her out of her misery even though you didn't want to. We are with you in spirit xxxx

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
1381529_10151674490232765_401452227_n.jpg My grand doggies say "sorry for your loss" and hope this picture puts a wee bit of a smile on your face

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
anna, are you scottish?
:)

why because I said "a wee bit" ? No, but I'm surrounded by the Scottish, Irish and English here in Canada so I've picked up bits of their lingo.

I used to giggle when a Scottish lady would call me " the wee girl" :)

R3cycle

Sep 20, 2013
Periodically I start to think about poison dogs (but never done it til now). Yes, thats because of the pointless barking for hours and hours. Have you ever thought about the hassle that provided your dog to the neighbors? Could be the cause of your dog's murderer?
it is likely that your neighbor was stressed out by the noise, maybe...
Dog needs food and water, but also to be educated by his master

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Periodically I start to think about poison dogs (but never done it til now). Yes, thats because of the pointless barking for hours and hours. Have you ever thought about the hassle that provided your dog to the neighbors? Could be the cause of your dog's murderer?

OMG, how would you or, anyone else for that matter, handle a crying baby?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Harley, did you have a thread about rescuing her? If there is a thread I'd like to read it again to see what she looked like if there were pictures.

It's heart rending to see a good dog go. I lost one recently and may post a thread on her.

I don't think I had a thread about rescuing her but I have mentioned my one eye domincan dog before. Her name was Harley and there is a pic of her with some other dogs I rescued in the Do you dare put a pic of yourself up thread. She just turned a year and the pic is of her just as a pup with a wound on her head. I got her from Judy's in sosua. She was abandoned outsized the gate.
I had just lost my 12 year old one eye golden retriever very near the day she was born so I had an instant connection with her, it was really weird actually!

I am very sorry you lost a fur baby as well. Please do post a thread!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

I Suggest you read the whole thread MORON! Merry Christmas :(