My Dominican friend needs help finding a better job

Nov 25, 2008
This Thread reminds me of the Muppets, where the two ol[video=youtube;LmE0oAtY5L4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmE0oAtY5L4[/video]d men just complain

Greg81

Aug 12, 2012
I met her twice in the DR. I went to her home and met her family. She really is a nice person.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I met her twice in the DR. I went to her home and met her family. She really is a nice person.

Just send her Western Onion to keep her out of the street, like her other novios.

Western%20Union%20Yes!.JPG

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
But, did you have sex with her??????
If you did, so did/does everyone else!
If not, you have a 1% chance of a committed relationship.
If the answer is "YES", please post her telephone # !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
It is and always will be who you know as opposed to what you know..at least in the job sector.;)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
On the flip side I have a friend who has a young cousin who worked as a dentist but gave it all up to go to the States. She now works as a secretary in the States and can't return because of all the money she borrowed.

While it is true that the economy is bad here in the DR from what I've seen among the numerous youths in the family from facebook and conversations is that they are jealous of their cousins that live in the States because they have a blackberry, shop at malls and otherwise have an "interesting" life.

This is true of the older generation as well, such as a good friend of mine who is a watchman at PUCMM who is thinking of selling everything to have to go abroad to get a job even though his sister in the US and his son in Spain from a previous marriage have told him not to leave the DR as long as he has a job. I asked him what is the urgency to leave and he said he wasn't "progressing fast enough" even though he owns his own concrete house and car.

Bottom line is the economy is bad here but many Dominicans who never miss a meal and have decent clothes and a place to live with more friends than they can shake a stick at think nuevaiyol is Heaven, and nobody can tell them different.

Me I'd rather just barely be able to pay my bills and have tons of friends than have a mountain of debt and more stress, less personal time and really not much better job security.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Problem is they think that there is gold at the end of the rainbow. Life in the US for a immigrant is hard, much different from where they are from. I have seen so many that left on a plane, yola, etc..only to come back in a wooden box because they wanted things in the US the easy way. I know of many who have gone to the US only to come back saying that they had no idea life in the US was so hard. I also know of many success stories. I think it is up to the person themselves and what they want to make of it. A honest living or the easy way. The easy way will always get you in the end.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xjfi758AKgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.....................

jonej

Banned
Dec 23, 2012
Ok, I know this is a long shot, but I'm trying to help a friend. My friend is a Dominican born and raised in Santiago where she currently lives. She speaks only spanish. She currently has a job in retail but the pay is very low and she is struggling to survive. She is hard working and an honest person. I am trying to help her find a better job and am asking the members of the forum for any help, leads or advice. Maybe someone knows a business in Santiago looking for a reliable employee. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thank you
if shes good at reail and presenable and nice she should train up wih one of he time-share companys in bavaro or cofrasi.
thousands of dominicans with no education o say, bu good personaliy have gotten RICH and are getting richer in this field.
1 sale wih $500 comission would give 3 monhs salary in one day.you get to dress like a movie star and eat ,drink and live like one too.
the training does not talk 3 YEARS either, but a week or 2.
one of the best oppertunities and best kept secrets for ALL dominicans. GREG,you can advise her this.

jonej

Banned
Dec 23, 2012
if she hurries she will get trained and make the high season still. so easy to make big money in spanish at this time of the year.
trust me, she wont regret it.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Selling timeshare is desperate, they make their money from selling the drugs and lining them up with bogus tour guides during the pitch.

jonej

Banned
Dec 23, 2012
Selling timeshare is desperate, they make their money from selling the drugs and lining them up with bogus tour guides during the pitch.
tell that to the hundreds that dont,and make their money from sales. Bavaro especially, there are dominicans making thousands of pasos a week every week or second week at least. Bavaro is a gold mine for selling t.s.and all the other perks.its a chance to be ones own boss and a lot of dominicans never get that chance.
ask any dominican or lets hope a dominican can chip in who works at bavaro. lots of you must know all the people in porta plata who are dominican millionaires from t.s. larry,peter owers,george vasquez,the tuchellies,johnny etc etc etc.not to menion don gaines, gloria,nuely guiliano and his sister who are millionaies in dollars!!!
Life Stylein in cofresi, sell thousans every day and is home to people earning thousands of pasos per week,every week.

jonej

Banned
Dec 23, 2012
"WTF"????
If it such a great job, why are there any vacancies?
"Fool's Errand!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
L.I.S ask any t.s gringos at any gringo hang out how much money is being made by dominicans.its a real eye opener.

jonej

Banned
Dec 23, 2012
the closers,allways ensure the sales person makes money.so you can have a crap sales person making good money with a great closer. no-s//t.

jonej

Banned
Dec 23, 2012
To whom are they selling these timeshares of they don't have a second language? Are there that many Domionicanos buying them?
Der Fish
porto ricans, sth americans.very rich frivolous people.even with limited spanish i closed many of hese.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
You do know we all know you are talking bollox. Time share might as well be a hobby and the only people making money from it are at the top. Closers look after themselves, the PR's are at a turn over rate equal to that of the bunny ranch at xmas. You know just because you are saying this is a good income does not mean it is, it is very easy to spot BS, even on the internet, because we don't actually live on the internet, we live areal life also,and see things with our own eyes.
The majority of Dominican PR's have holes in their shoes and a desperate look in their eye while offering you thier sister in exchange for you accepting to go to a meeting to meet the closers. It's desperate.

jonej

Banned
Dec 23, 2012
You do know we all know you are talking bollox. Time share might as well be a hobby and the only people making money from it are at the top. Closers look after themselves, the PR's are at a turn over rate equal to that of the bunny ranch at xmas. You know just because you are saying this is a good income does not mean it is, it is very easy to spot BS, even on the internet, because we don't actually live on the internet, we live areal life also,and see things with our own eyes.
The majority of Dominican PR's have holes in their shoes and a desperate look in their eye while offering you thier sister in exchange for you accepting to go to a meeting to meet the closers. It's desperate.
you dont meet these poor people in AI hotels.what makes you think all latinos live on skid row???
do you know any of the few people i mentioned who are millionares from this industry???

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
you dont meet these poor people in AI hotels.what makes you think all latinos live on skid row???
do you know any of the few people i mentioned who are millionares from this industry???

I don't, just that the time share I know of is not well paid, people are not making the money you are trying to convince us of. Yes I de see them in A/I hotels.
No I do not know these people, but I once worked with some of the millions of PR's that are seeling time share and those millions are considerably more typical than the names mentioned on your 'We welcome you into our timeshare family' work ethic package you were given when you were sold your job.