Obnoxious Gringos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Relax, please. He was making a joke, more about the country and not about you as an individual.

One of the reasons that old fat men come here looking for sex is because the country has a reputation as a sex-deprived man's paradise.

But there are really a number of ex-pats who have settled here in this country because it is more relaxed and the beautiful people are exceptionally warm and friendly and there is no freaking snow. For them, it has nothing to do with sex. Unfortunately, those people don't post on this forum.
:p

You're hurting our feelings - some of us.........:mad:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
"Willie"
I do not agree with 99% of your conceptions about "Life,Love, and your "Dominican Experience", but if you see life here the way you described it,who cares???
Just hope you are happy. :):):)
Ranting on & on about the choices others here make, devalues you entire post.
Most of us on DR1 ARE "Believers".
But we all "Believe" in different ways, and degrees.
My 4 kids are being raised in the Catholic Faith.
I support them in that.
As they grow older, they can make their own choices in what the choose to "Believe".
I'm a "Ying/Yang", "Karma" kind of "Dude"!
Buy I mostly follow the teachings of "Poon Tang".
I worship :lick::lick::lick:there as often as I can afford!
MANY others here do as well!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Chip, your a "Cristiano", Who Knew?????
What are your views on Abortion???????

I nearly PI$$ED MYSELF WHEN I READ THE LAST LINE!!!!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
[My conversation with the 'chula de barrio' a few moments ago as she approached me on my way from the colmado]

She: Se?or, I have been watching you and there is something very different about you that I find very attractive.

Me: Gracias. But what do you find so different about me?

She: I notice that you do not drink cervesa or alcohol. You do not smoke. I don't see you with many different women like the other gringos. Are you a Christian?

Me: No. But I am a follower of Jesus Christ and a believer in the message that he brought us and in his ultimate return.

She: How can you proclaim this and not be a Christian?

Me: if you spent years teaching me what you knew and instructing me in your way, but after you left me, another people came and claimed that you taught me something different. If I reject what you taught me and accept what these people taught me and attribute it to you, am I following you or am I following these other people?

She: you would definitely not be following me.

Me: In order for me to call myself Christian, I have to reject what Jesus Christ taught and accept concepts that he didn't teach but were introduced by others and attributed to him. So what are you....a Christian?

She: jejeje...No comment.

[NOTE to self...MAKE IT PLAIN!]

One of the following must be true:

You are TOTALLY fluent in Dominican Spanish

She is TOTALLY fluent in English

OR... the whole story is fiction... i.e. B.S.

Not to brag... but I'm pretty good with English and reading comprehension, and I had to take a second pass at that paragraph to double check its meaning.

Regardless... I'm eager to hear how you settle into your new home.

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
But there are really a number of ex-pats who have settled here in this country because it is more relaxed and the beautiful people are exceptionally warm and friendly and there is no freaking snow. For them, it has nothing to do with sex. Unfortunately, those people don't post on this forum.
:p

I do also, you never see me posting anything about women, I am married to the finest Dominican woman on the island and we have a family and I never dated a hooker even when I was single here in 1990's

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
When you are from Canada they refer to us as CANingos.. a Dominican friend explained we are seen in a higher light than a Gringo... I asked why? She explained we are much more polite and the Putas preferred us and a discount would always be offered.. :p

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
When you are from Canada they refer to us as CANingos.. a Dominican friend explained we are seen in a higher light than a Gringo... I asked why? She explained we are much more polite and the Putas preferred us and a discount would always be offered.. :p

you keep slingin' that B.S. around... it's OK... if you continue, somebody might eventually even believe you! I've NEVER heard that term before... and as far as I can tell it ONLY exists in your imagination and the couple of times you've posted it here on the forums.

I seriously doubt if most Dominicans can distinguish a Canadian v.s. an American, or other English speaking gringo ... well, except that Americans tip more than anyone else. :p

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
you keep slingin' that B.S. around... it's OK... if you continue, somebody might eventually even believe you! I've NEVER heard that term before... and as far as I can tell it ONLY exists in your imagination and the couple of times you've posted it here on the forums.

I seriously doubt if most Dominicans can distinguish a Canadian v.s. an American, or other English speaking gringo ... well, except that Americans tip more than anyone else. :p

It was a joke.. You arent that ..... Are you?

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I do also, you never see me posting anything about women, I am married to the finest Dominican woman on the island and we have a family and I never dated a hooker even when I was single here in 1990's

I hope you know I was trying to be a smarty-pants funny guy when I wrote that.

On a serious note: congrats to you and your family. We need to hear more of the positive stories from sane people who have come here and found love and a beautiful life. Some days, I think it's a shame we only hear about the sankie/hooker stories, when this country has so much more to offer. And then, some days, I agree with dv8 and Cris Colon.

Is there anyone I haven't offended today? If so, please post now, because the nurse says it's time for my medication, and I'm boring after that.

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
As far as the use of the word gringo when Dominicans name each other Gringo using an apodo, he or she is always light skinned and may have blue or green eyes. I've met many a Dominican with the nickname gringo. Dominicans with little or no contact with tourists may have a different take on the term.

We have had more support and help from some Dominicans than we would have ever got in Canada. The help they have given us and joy is unbelievable.
We have a godson who is Dominican, lives behind us, we have no children and i baby sit him almost every other day. That is paradise to me. They don't ask us for money b.c i told the upfront there will be no money since we are on a budget. Of course we gave gifts.
He is a month and his mom says i am the only one to calm him down and sleep for 4 hours. That is worth the huge stress, extortionists over budget by $50,000 for many renos.

Aren't all gringo's obnoxious anyways ;-)

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
I really do not know anyone that was ever offended by being called a gringo. Hispanics used to be called spics for short and most I knew years ago were not offended but that all got changed later years, but it was not originally a bad term. I never really ever cared what others called me.

Status
Not open for further replies.