padres de familia threaten to set on fire a bus full of school kids

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
A very long time ago we went to Playa Dorada Plaza to have dinner, and we had to go with a taxi from POP. The taxi took us to the front door of the complex, all was fine. Upon leaving back home, we asked from one of the taxis outside the complex, how much for POP, and he quoted [something outrageous, cannot recall the exact amount]. I told him that I can get another taxi with much cheaper, he responded that maybe, but they cannot enter here, you need to go back to the main road. I called the "central", they confirmed this, but we agreed to go to the main road walking. I called the "central" in front of this other taxi driver who was making faces at us, and who we left behind swearing and yelling at us... When we arrived to the main road, the taxi was already waiting for us, and took us home at the normal rate...

I read the linked article "los duenos del pais", and that summarized pretty much my feelings towards these ... drivers if you may...

when Kola Real started up their business here, they bought trucks to pick up stuff from the wharves, and to distribute their sodas. these goons would not allow them to leave the wharf. they blocked them in, telling them they had to use their trucks. amazing. it?s my money, and my company, and you get to tell me that i must do business with you, or else. pretty 18th century, if you ask me.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This is a HUGE improvement!!!!
15 years ago they would have torched the bus with the kids inside!!!!
Like they did to bus load of aduLts!
The head of the "Transit Union",,...Miguel Huberes" was "severely punished", HE WAS ELECTED TO THE NATIONAL SENATE.

"TRANPORTISTAS" HAVE THE DR GOV, BY THE BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you are worried about a "Terremoto"????????????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
just now on the news on TV,
they named 12 Guys as under investigation for the assault on the school bus and threatening to burn it with 50 children in it in Boca Chica.
let's see if public pressure is enough to take some of them down and lock the criminals away.
not that i have much hope for such nice and appropriate outcome, but following up closely.
the 12 guys with their names been told on TV been captured on Video during the assault.
it may really become interesting.
on the other hand, their idendity is now also known to the families of the children,
so each who will not get sentenced could still get simply his darn Taxi/Bus burned down during a lonely weekend in Boca Chica.

Mike

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"..could still get simply his darn Taxi/Bus burned down during a lonely weekend in Boca Chica.."

Hope that will happen while the a$$holes are inside their vehicles... :mad:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They never do ANYTHING to members of transport unions, no matter WHAT they do.
This will be no different.
"Insufficient Evidence" is usually given as the reason.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Following the American Example

when Kola Real started up their business here, they bought trucks to pick up stuff from the wharves, and to distribute their sodas. these goons would not allow them to leave the wharf. they blocked them in, telling them they had to use their trucks. amazing. it?s my money, and my company, and you get to tell me that i must do business with you, or else. pretty 18th century, if you ask me.

Hardly 18th century.

They learned it from the US Teamsters.
International Brotherhood of Teamsters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.americanmafia.com/Crime_And_Labor.html

donP

Last edited:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

as i said this Noon,
this one may get very interesting.
let's see how it moves on, the criminal fukcers will be in front of a Judge tomorrow right away for their "Bail-Hearing".
my bet is that they will walk on bail,
but I would really soooo LOVE to read that they get investigational Prison/Bail Denied.
in this specific article i LIKE LIKE LIKE the mentioning of up to 30 years each for the commited crimes.
sounds very sweet in my ears.
i just hope that this time they really get to do prison time, it will take away a lot of their nasty criminal powers if some get sentenced to do jailtime.
my own real taste on da game:
Hang 'em Higher,
right on Boca Chica Beach,
and then throw their rests in the water for the sharks.
but that's just my own pacifist opinion of course.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes!!!
that darn bad experience with the handling of Union Criminals.
hence i await them to walk home on Bail tomorrow.
maybe that would make it even more interesting, as their names are published, so the 'hood will know who they are and where they live with their families,
AND where they park their Busses and Taxis.
BC burning, inspiration for a new Movie.
either way, we should have the Popcorn and cold drinks ready for tomorrow's Noon News.

Mike

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
50 on a bus that size? It was over loaded and the union officials just may have saved many lives.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Fact #1: The influence of unions in the United States is at the lowest level since prior to the start of the 20th Century.

Fact #2: Politicians in the United States are DISTANCING themselves from unions, fearing the reprisals from the voters.

Fact #3: Unions have done NO GOOD for ANYONE other than THEMSELVES since the inception.

Hope #1: Unions in the Dominican Republic will get the "feeling" that they are not wanted here, either!

You have "MUCHO" to learn about the DR,..."GRASS HOPPER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
reason number 5,697 to destroy sindicatos de transporte. they got so p*ssed off that a school did not hire their transport services that they stopped a bus full of school kids and made them get out under the threat of setting fire to the vehicle. fcuking animals.
Estudiantes y profesores horrorizados por acci?n vand?lica de choferes

I agree, these people do not care about anything but their end game. The DR gov does not have stomach to really challenge these union people because it will lead to more violence and protests. They turn their cheek and hope nothing really happened. Shame on the union and those in the Gov that tolerate such actions.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Lets talk about a$$holes. Where are these animals now? Its time for the hearing now, or?

Hope they go to jail... "chofer, perdiste tu jabon..." :laugh:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yesterday's news stated they will have their Bail Hearing right away today.
so we should get news soon, maybe it's already out, i did not have the time to search til now.
leaving to get the Princess from school, back in an good hour.
yesterday the news was on the News Break on Telemicro, i think that runs at 2PM.

Mike