"PICHARDO", & "NALS" Must Be VERY Proud! The DR Is Ranked 2nd. of 139 Countries!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
BobSaunders offers

You truely have no idea of life in Cuba

maybe not. please enlighten me. however, if you have not lived there yourself, please disregard that request.

I have not lived there, however I have been there a number of times visiting my Cuban relatives. Castro does nothing for the good of the Cuban people. He gives, so he can take away. He holds out the carrot but not for long.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I am sorry to have brought Cuba and Haiti into the discussion. According to Nals they are not even included in the stats. You can have a walk down the Malecon in Cuba and you might think you are in Cartagena or Santo Domingo.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
BobSaunders replies to my query

have not lived there, however I have been there a number of times visiting my Cuban relatives. Castro does nothing for the good of the Cuban people. He gives, so he can take away. He holds out the carrot but not for long.

so, Bob, let us ventilate this issue. let us start from the point at which you concede that you have not lived there. by definition, that means that you also do not know what it is to live there. now, wasn?t that simple?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
so, Bob, let us ventilate this issue. let us start from the point at which you concede that you have not lived there. by definition, that means that you also do not know what it is to live there. now, wasn?t that simple?

Gorgon, in his defense, I have seen the living conditions of Cubans, as I stayed in Habana for 2 months living with Cubans (it's illegal ;) ) and ,for a lot of reasons, it's not as pretty as many think...I was a bit disappointed and I think outsiders have a false image of Cuba (and I was one of them :) ).

PS: I love your quoting style, LOL`

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

Too simple, ignoring that he didn't go as a tourist but has gone there often to spend time with family members who live there makes your attempted "put down" a smart a.." cheap shot. Most would agree that after all this time with family members who live in Cuba that Bob has a good understanding of what life is like there.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Nals, you make a horse laugh, that's how we call people like you in Holland.
First of all what anti-Dominican website do I have? What kind of drugs are you on?
Yes I don't have a good opinion about the DR but does that mean that I wish the country bad?
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU, my daughter still lives there.

Robert this guy has a problem, One flew over the cuckoo's nest
You still haven't answered my question, are you Dominican?

Nals you chickened out or what?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When I Walked Down The "Malecon" In "La Habana",All I Saw Was A 6 Ft. High Wall!

It was made of concrete,6 feet high,and 6 Ft. thick!
Supposed to keep the "Gringo Invasion" from landing there.

There were plenty of "Hookers" available in "La Habana"!:classic:
Thought I was in Sosua for a while when I walked out of my hotel at night.:rolleyes: Except no bars there.

The Cuban people were very nice.Everything need a paint job.
The whole roast pig made the trip worthwhile!
What they didn't steal from my bags on the way in,they stole on the way out!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Never been to Sosua, but I have never seen so many "prostitutes" than in Habana: nearly, every body is for sale, scary ! A man sitting down with his real novia would offer you his girlfriend without a problem.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
BobSaunders replies to my query

I've been to Cuban 7 times, for approximately a total of 4 months. I've stayed in one small resort, and 6 casa particulars because we didn't want to get the family in trouble with the government. My relatives are doctors, teachers, carpenters, farmers, hotel workers, interpreters, truck drivers, military, and government workers (civil servants). Although we sleep in casa particulars (bed and breakfast) all our time is spent in the homes of relatives.
Where do you gather your expertise from? Which of the three ugly sisters are you?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
well, to Bob and his defenders, i can also rely on the information of a friend of mine who has lived there longer than Bob probably will. i myself have been there on 3 occasions, albeit only for a week at a time. nobody is trying to paint it as paradise. neither is the DR. neither is Singapore...nor Russia, nor The Falklands. as i said, i do not discuss political issues, because i refuse to get myself into a lather, exchanging points of view with people who have a viewpoint which is informed by emotional contents. BobSaunders has family in Cuba...he will feel more passionately about things there. i will take the academic ground. what will eventually happen is that the ad hominems and bons mots will soon start flying. all to much for me to bear. i declare my exit from this thread.