Quit asking me for money!!!!

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I LOL'd at this.

I'll give money to the truly needy, the guy with no legs or the blind guy, etc.

But when street rats come up to me...my pale skin draws them like flies on sweet meat...and start their "d?me cinco pesos" while rubbing their belly...I respond with "d?me veinte pesos" and rub MY belly. They look confuzzled and walk away...

I respond with the question: "Oye eres una mujer o un maricon? Porque solamente ese 2 piden dinero a hombres":bunny:

Reactions: mountainannie

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
In developed countries, most people argue "why steal if we can pay"
In third world countries, most people argue "why pay if we can steal".

Therefore, the majority of the people in the world steal and generally aren't taught the difference between right and wrong?

I don't doubt there is a considerable number of people in the world who would commit crimes if they knew they wouldn't get caught but I don't know if it's a great majority nor do I think said people are only located in third world countries. For example, in a study by UCLA between 30% of men stated they would commit rape if they could get away with it and 50% would "force a woman into having sex" if there were no consequences.

Rape

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I'll give money to the truly needy, the guy with no legs or the blind guy, etc.
How do you know if the blind guy is truly blind?

How do you know if the guy with no leg(s), has no leg(s)?

The first question is easy to understand, but the second one needs a visual representation:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DNJduOuiYc0?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DNJduOuiYc0?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm sure some DR1ers have given money to that "poor-suffering-beyond-belief-handicapped-kid-that-begged-on-the-streets-of-SDQ."

Just give it to charity; of course, you have to wonder there too... :cheeky:

Reactions: woofsback

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Make THAT Video a "STICKY" On DR1 !!

I hope they cut his leg off, "FOR REAL"!!
Dominicans will do "ANYTHING" to keep from "working"!!
Now you skeptics have seen the "proof"!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
This has degenerated from a loan request to a begging joke. The OP clearly stated he loaned money to said guy and he paid back, no begging here, but the OP is ticked the he is coming back again for more pre-approved no interest high risk loans. Let's not lose the perspective here.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
"golden rule" when dealing with "duminicans"...never,ever,ever, loan,or give them money!!!!

To those who now want to respond with your stories about "loaning" to dominicans,and how they always return,or pay you back,
save it for someone who actually gives a $hit !!"

crude, rude and obviously someone with absolutely no class !!!!!!!
someone in dire need of a CRISS colon oscopy.........

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Flattery" Will Get You NOWHERE!"

Obviously you are a "DR WANNABE" who does NOT live here,yet (IN YOUR OWN PEABRAIN) knows EVERYTHING about living here!!! :dead::dead:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
have no problems with people posting opinions

but when INSULTS are added...
i pay no attention to that posters opinion

Reactions: waytogo
Mar 2, 2008
People do indeed read CCCCCCCC's posts, but those posts have become increasingly antagonistic and blatantly cynical. Therefore they are also becoming more and more difficult to take very seriously.

And I am only referring to his content and not his style, if that is what you want to call it.

I'm sorry Bronxboy, but those diatribes posted by CCCCCC do little to promote intelligent dialogue, assuming that is what is desired here.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
do people really have problems with that?
i get asked for money probably daily and all i say is "no". i do not need to give reasons or make up excuses. or maybe i am just too lazy :)

Reactions: waytogo

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I never lend my car to a person who is unable to fix it if he breaks it down or crashes it. In other words, if you are poor and struggling, you won't get my car to drive. After getting burnt once (by a French Canadian) I really have not lent money to anyone seriously. I have lent money to dominican friends who had to leave for new york in a hurry and needed dollars urgently (because the banks were closed), They have returned me the money right after they have come back. Mind you, these guys are not your average dominicans, they have far more money than I do so their friendship is not based on what they can get out of me. So the bottom line: stay friends with dominicans who are equally well-off as you are and you would never have to deal with these small daily headaches.
AZB

Reactions: RacerX

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I'm sorry Bronxboy, but those diatribes posted by CCCCCC do little to promote intelligent dialogue, assuming that is what is desired here.

Hey, I never said I liked his posts. All said was that people do read his posts and that it is his style of posting.

Believe me, there are many posters that will defend him until the end. I have read many times where posters were insulted and people say that CC says it the way it is.

I not defending him at all but I like it when someone says what he thinks. It is his opinion. A bit rough at times but a breath of fresh air. I also like the way you also say what you feel. That is what opinions are for I guess!;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
People do indeed read CCCCCCCC's posts, but those posts have become increasingly antagonistic and blatantly cynical. Therefore they are also becoming more and more difficult to take very seriously.

And I am only referring to his content and not his style, if that is what you want to call it.

you won't understand CC, he lives in the real city. By the way, what beer are you on by now? 10th? How is the beach in sosua?
AZB

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I not defending him at all but I like it when someone says what he thinks. It is his opinion. A bit rough at times but a breath of fresh air. I also like the way you also say what you feel. That is what opinions are for I guess!;)

I like your style, spoken like a true politician......lol
Have you considered running for public office....you got my vote...

B in Santiago

Mar 2, 2008
you won't understand CC, he lives in the real city. By the way, what beer are you on by now? 10th? How is the beach in sosua?

I'm actually just getting underway, back-boy. I'd love to see up this way again. It's been way too long. The beach is fine, as always.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
stay friends with dominicans who are equally well-off as you are and you would never have to deal with these small daily headaches.
AZB

Makes sense but sometimes it is people that you are not even friend with that ask you for prestamo :tired:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Makes sense but sometimes it is people that you are not even friend with that ask you for prestamo :tired:

then they don't respect you. I never hang at carwashes, colmados or even talk to those people. Now I keep a big distance from the people who are beggars. When you have no contact with them, they don't ask for money.
here is how it works.
In our clinic, the cleaning lady and the secretaries and massage therapists all chip in and buy food to cook in the back kitchen. They were using an electric stove. The electric stove actually burnt down the electric wires in the clinic so they were all prohibited to use the electric stove. I felt sorry for them and bought them a gas tank for a cheap stove they had. I even filled it up with gas and hooked it all up with tubes and valve/regulator etc. Then I went out and bought them a fridge full of groceries so they can eat good food.
So now that I had done this all for them, guess what? they have taken me for a fool. They brought me a plate to eat and now they have all taken a unanimous decision put the food expenses on me. Now they expect me to buy them food on weekly basis and prepared a list of groceries for me. I simply laughed and told them to carry on like they used to and not worry about me or my food. They still come to ask me for this and that everyday but now they are realizing, I am not interested.
So I help them once and now they want me to carry on like a sucker for the rest of my life. So did I make a mistake when I bought them food and gas tank etc? I am not sure if I helped them or spoiled them. Maybe I should have stayed clear of their problems from the very beginning.
AZB

THISDRLOVE

Sep 28, 2010
Funny his ultrasound was not free, all our pre natal and follow up tests and treatment was free, why does he have to pay, he is Dominican right, only pay for actual medicine or voluntary treatments, ultra sound is not a voluntary treatment, it is part of pre natal care, free!!

The only person responsible for your adoptive brothers bothering you for money is you. Somehow you have lined yourself into this position. It is common among visitors, or people down the tourist areas as they like the feeling of authority through thickness of the wallet, admit it or not, 99.9% of this is self inflicted.

The top and bottom of it is if you look or act like you are either daft enough to give money away, or money is not a factor in you life, or you will give up to intimidation you are a mark, you will continue to be hassled. It is true there is no getting away from it on the North until your face is known and accepted as a permanant fixture.

I found that if you are firm and very direct with Domincans they will not like it at first, but they will respect you for it, and eventually you will be accepted to some level, maybe even an equal, and they never ask each other for money, they won't lower themselves to each other.

Hmm, Interesting.